[Experiment] How much money will a $49.99(USD) 1-year PS plus subscription save you this year(2015) on IGC titles(NA)?

DarknessKey92

Update: The OP with May's lineup is complete.

Why TBA ?

The price for Ether One was revealed today(during PSN's Tuesday update), which is why I hadn't summed up May's total last week(until now, since the price wasn't available...or known yet).

Edited by DarknessKey92
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Updated OP with August's lineup

Edit:

Ok there were 2 issues that poped up @ the last sec:

1. I found out we got the "Complete Edition" of Castle Storm, which is an extra $5 from the original version.

2. The Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones image i added was experiencing some odd issue...so I had to re add the image from another source.

These issues have now been fixed though.

Edited by DarknessKey92
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

._. I think I'm done with this thread(hopefully I didn't fuck it up), and so now U can check the "Original Post" 4 the data collected with some things I did out of boredom.

Will I do another 1 for 2016?...I'll try I guess.

Anyway I'm sleeping now, so yeah ._.

Edited by DarknessKey92
  • Like 2

Welp! here we are @ the end of this(so hopefully I didn't fuck it up), and also please try to remember that I said @ the start of this Experiment...that these prices were going to be recorded @ "that point in time".

So it seams:

1. March's line up saved u the most money/w $134.94.

2. June's line up saved the least/w $78.44.

3. It seams May, August, and December share the exact same monthly total of $89.94.

4. The most expensive game offered was Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments($49.99).

5. The lowest priced game offered...is a tie between Kung Fu RabbitWhoa Dave!(both priced @ $4.99).

6. The most offered price tag was $14.99(29 titles/games).

I was bored and did this:

Rankings between the monthly totals:

1st. March: $134.94

2nd. July: $129.93
3rd. February: $119.94
4th. April: $110.94
5th. January: $104.94
6th. November: $97.94
7-9th. May, August, and December: $89.94
10th. September: $82.94
11th. October: $79.94
12th. June: $78.44

How many games with a cost of $??.?? are in the line up(consisting of 73 titles)?

$04.99 = 02

$07.99 = 03

$09.99 = 14

$10.99 = 01

$12.49 = 01

$14.99 = 29

$16.99 = 01

$19.99 = 13

$24.99 = 03

$29.99 = 02

$35.99 = 01

$39.99 = 02

$49.99 = 01

How many "cross-buy" games?

PS3 & Vita = 4

PS4 & PS3 = 4

Vita & PS4 = 8

3-way = 12

28 "Cross-buy" titles in total

If you're wondering what all the monthly totals add up to(4 this year):

$1,209.77

If you mind me making some corrections (as you should be tired of all this editing and what-a-not), click the spoiler below.

• this(so hopefully I didn't fuck it up) ~> add a space after "this"
  • Experiment...that ~> add a space before "that"
  • So it seams: ~> "seams" for "seems"
  • replace the "@" for "at"
  • remove the useless zero at the less than 10$ prices
  • don't use two different fonts + italic + bold + higher font size, that makes the post less understandable to read

Other than this minor nitpicking, congratulations on keeping this going for the whole year. I would suggest adding a poll to ask how much people in general have saved adding options with price ranges. I should have saved about 1.1k myself! :D and holy jesus christ, the total on the last spoiler o_o

EDIT: I'll be liking every post of yours in this thread as 'payment' for your good working keeping this going for the whole year. Good job!

EDIT2: I've saved 825$ with only 50$, I call that a bargain. xD

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 2

I Love PS+

The games are great! Loved Ether One, Teslagrad, MGSGZ, Rocket L, Broken Day, TWD season 2, Grow Home, Mousecraft, Sound Shapes, Limbo, STYX, Unfinshed Swan and more!

The only downside of plus is the backlog is getting bigger and bigger and bigger!

Every month i hope the update will be so bad so the backlog stop growing!

• Like 1

If you mind me making some corrections (as you should be tired of all this editing and what-a-not), click the spoiler below.

• this(so hopefully I didn't fuck it up) ~> add a space after "this"
  • Experiment...that ~> add a space before "that"
  • So it seams: ~> "seams" for "seems"
  • replace the "@" for "at"
  • remove the useless zero at the less than 10$ prices
  • don't use two different fonts + italic + bold + higher font size, that makes the post less understandable to read

Other than this minor nitpicking, congratulations on keeping this going for the whole year. I would suggest adding a poll to ask how much people in general have saved adding options with price ranges. I should have saved about 1.1k myself! :D and holy jesus christ, the total on the last spoiler o_o

EDIT: I'll be liking every post of yours in this thread as 'payment' for your good working keeping this going for the whole year. Good job!

EDIT2: I've saved 825$ with only 50$, I call that a bargain. xD

I made changes to the OP, and thanks!

• Like 1

Between the games that I played and intend to play I think I saved about 400-500€ (not counting games that I'm still unsure, as well as Driveclub, Freedom Wars and Race the Sun because I had bought all of those).

I also just realized that I didn't add Prototype 2 to my download list :( , that's something that I wouldn't mind playing sometime in the future..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

I don't look at PS Plus as just a way to get free games and discounts - I also look at it as paying for cloud storage for save games. Uploading my saves to the cloud has saved me more than once (making a mistake in a game that autosaves that would have forced me to do another playthrough for platinum, being able to redownload an autosave to practice for the Concentration trophy in The Firefly Diary without having to replay the whole level, etc.) It also allows me to delete a ps vita game without losing the save data at the same time. This is invaluable. It would be nice if the cloud save feature was free, but I digress. I doubt I got back the full $50 I invested, but the cloud saves make it worth it in my opinion.

• Like 1

So far I have saved $361 based on the games I have played.  There are several more I can't wait to try, just have to find the time.    Granted I would not have ever paid for any of the games (expect Teslagrad, which I bought a month before it was added) but since I did play them I will say I saved the money. :) 

Many thanks to DarknessKey for creating this thread.

Edited by audiopile

• 3 weeks later...