Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game Delisted from Xbox Live and PSN

It seems like just yesterday the world was in an uproar over the DLC for Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game possibly being cancelled and now the game cannot be purchased at all. That’s right; it’s the end of an era. As of today, the 8-bit goodness that is Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game is no longer available for purchase from either Xbox Live or PlayStation Network. The move likely comes as the year comes to a close and contracts with its publisher Ubisoft are expiring.

The deslisting comes as a shock, however, as the game seemed to have developed a strong cult following. Just this past April, a special vinyl edition of Anamanaguchi’s soundtrack was released for Record Store Day.

No official statement has been made.

Those have yet to purchase the game can still do by buying a digital download code straight from either Best Buy or GameStop. No word on how long these will be available or how long they will redeem, however, so it’s best to purchase and redeem as soon as possible.

The delisting comes in the wake of Uno and Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins also being delisted from the service. No word on why.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/12/30/scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-the-game-delisted-from-xbox-live-and-psn/126681/

Strange. Glad I still have it downloaded.

Just wanted to point out that MvC Origins was delisted because the contract between Marvel and Capcom was never renewed. That's why MvC2 and MvC3 were also removed earlier this year.

I'm pretty sure that has something to do with Disney buying out Marvel. I'm not saying Marvel would've renewed it if they had stayed independent, but I'm pretty sure that Disney was the one who didn't want the contract renewed and they got the final word on it.

On topic: This really sucks. I hate how publishers are trying to push the digital market into our faces and then this crap happens. The one thing that softens the blow is that People who already bought the game can re download at any time, but anyone who thought about being late to the party is just getting boned right now.

I'm pretty sure that has something to do with Disney buying out Marvel. I'm not saying Marvel would've renewed it if they had stayed independent, but I'm pretty sure that Disney was the one who didn't want the contract renewed and they got the final word on it.

On topic: This really sucks. I hate how publishers are trying to push the digital market into our faces and then this crap happens. The one thing that softens the blow is that People who already bought the game can re download at any time, but anyone who thought about being late to the party is just getting boned right now.

More than likely, but the fact still remains that the contract between Marvel and Capcom wasn't renewed.

I read a brief description of it, but didn't check a faq for it, what am I missing?

Well, for starters, you have to do four play-throughs (yes, you read that right, FOUR play-throughs) while using everyone's strikers to unlock Nega-Scott so you have access to his striker which is needed for the trophy.

This game is HARD even on the lowest difficulty unless you have high stats so that's a pain and a half right there.

Second, you have to encounter Mr. Chau and defeat him so he becomes a striker, and the odds of him appearing are low. Some people did all four play-throughs and ever meet him. He's also very hard to beat and if you die once in the fight you have to encounter him again.

And for the cherry on top of this F.U. sundae, the trophy is glitched and often won't unlock and if it doesn't for you you will have to delete your data and start over, and yep that means FOUR MORE playthroughs.

EDIT: Forgot to add that after you get Mr. Chau as a striker and call him, their is a rare chance of Mrs. Chau appearing instead of either Knives or Mr. Chau and she's needed for the trophy too.

Edited by Quaedam_Animae

Well, for starters, you have to do four play-throughs (yes, you read that right, FOUR play-throughs) while using everyone's strikers to unlock Nega-Scott so you have access to his striker which is needed for the trophy.

This game is HARD even on the lowest difficulty unless you have high stats so that's a pain and a half right there.

Second, you have to encounter Mr. Chau and defeat him so he becomes a striker, and the odds of him appearing are low. Some people did all four play-throughs and ever meet him. He's also very hard to beat and if you die once in the fight you have to encounter him again.

And for the cherry on top of this F.U. sundae, the trophy is glitched and often won't unlock and if it doesn't for you you will have to delete your data and start over, and yep that means FOUR MORE playthroughs.

EDIT: Forgot to add that after you get Mr. Chau as a striker and call him, their is a rare chance of Mrs. Chau appearing instead of either Knives or Mr. Chau and she's needed for the trophy too.

K, i read all that, seems doable, and not super hard, I've played glitchier games before and have plated, earned bugged trophies before. It most likely depends more if I like the game enough to keep doing it.

Well I just checked on the UK PSN store (website) and the game and both DLCs were still listed, so I took the opportunity to buy the Wallace DLC pack that I hadn't purchased yet. Anybody still wanting or needing to buy this game or it's DLC should check the PSN store and see if it's actually still there.

You can buy the game, the game with all dlc, and just the wallace dlc off the gamestop website, I just bought the wallace dlc for $4.99, code worked. all good.

Thanks to  mcnichoj on these boards...

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/general-games-discussion/78965-unachievable-trophies-430.html#post4913429

Edited by bcks007
  • Like 1

I never got around to buying the Wallace pack dlc, damn it...........

Same here. I was actually looking at the PS Store to download it just yesterday (coz I was about to start playing it!), but it's just gone!

I'd bought the game and the Knives Chau DLC a couple months ago when I saw them on sale, was hoping I'd see the Wallace DLC on sale at some point to follow it up and buy it, but then it disappeared.

Might have to look into purchasing codes from Gamestop, though I'd have to purchase the whole game, as codes from Gamestop are very likely incompatible with the game I've already downloaded (coz I'm PAL region).

• 1 month later...

You can buy the game, the game with all dlc, and just the wallace dlc off the gamestop website, I just bought the wallace dlc for $4.99, code worked. all good.

Thanks to  mcnichoj on these boards...

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/general-games-discussion/78965-unachievable-trophies-430.html#post4913429

This. It is currently late February in 2015 and I just bought the Ultimate Edition from BestBuy.com and it still worked. You can even still connect online and play with your friends. The Ultimate Edition includes the game and both DLC packs so even if you didn't buy the game before you can still buy it. It's a really fun game so if you like retro beat 'em ups I suggest you pick this up. $14.99 for Ultimate Edition.

• Like 1

Hmm... I still got it installed on my PS3. I haven't got the DLCs, but I have booted the game up before. I hide the game from my profile, just because I'm probably never going to play it, I guess now I will never.

It doesn't bother you to see the game at 0% forever stuck in your account? If I were you I will get those gamestop or Bestbuy codes ASAP before its too late.

It's honestly one of the best games released on the PSN store. 

But I'm not into beat em ups... :P

It doesn't bother you to see the game at 0% forever stuck in your account? If I were you I will get those gamestop or Bestbuy codes ASAP before its too late.

It will, but it's not like my life on the line or anything. I have hidden it on PSN though along with a couple of other games I had 0% at.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

But I'm not into beat em ups... :P

It will, but it's not like my life on the line or anything. I have hidden it on PSN though along with a couple of other games I had 0% at.

Even if you don't have any plans to play it soon I'll suggest getting it just in case. You don't want to mess the possibility of a 100% average acount with something that can be easily avoidable.

Even if you don't have any plans to play it soon I'll suggest getting it just in case. You don't want to mess the possibility of a 100% average acount with something that can be easily avoidable.

We don't have bestbuy or gamestop in my country. lol