Critical Mode Trophy -_-

So imma rant for a bit here... 

After playing through Terra and Aqua on normal, and mid-way through Ventus on normal, I find out that to get the critical trophy you have to beat ALL 3 CHARACTERS ON CRITICAL. THAT TROPHY DESCRIPTION IS REALLY MISLEADING.

I was gonna do all 3 on normal, then whichever I found to be the easiest, do on Critical afterwards, but nooooooo. Now I need to replay ALL OF THEM.

The only advantage to this is that now I have easier save files to get collectables in and battle the hardest bosses. Still, not worth the extra 20 hours or however long my total play time is at -_-

I swear, once I platinum this game, I'm breaking this disc, recycling it into a new one, and breaking that one as well. I like Kingdom Hearts, but this is f**king ridiculous. HOW HARD IS IT TO SAY "BEAT ALL CHARACTERS AND POST-ENDINGS ON CRITICAL"? The description says "Clear game on Critical". THIS DOES NOT IN ANY WAY CLEARLY IMPLY THAT YOU HAVE TO CLEAR THE GAME WITH ALL 3 CHARACTERS ON CRITICAL. 

At this rate, KH 3 will come out before I plat this game.

Edit: So people seem to be pointing out that breaking the disc would be a bad idea. I should clarify, that was a joke and simply an expression of frustration at the fact that the platinum is now going to take significantly longer. I'm not actually going to break my disc, nor am I even significantly mad. Initially, yeah, cause it's like "Well look at all the time I wasted! *gestures to total play time*" but now it's just like "Dammit, gotta do it all again. This sucks. Oh well." I love KH and would never break the game, or any game for that matter. It's just a video game, one which cost money, and so it really wouldn't be sensible to break it out of anger. If I hated a game that much, which definitely isn't this game, I'd sell it.

Basically, no worries, I'm not breaking anything, and I don't need to see anyone for help :P

Edit 2: Alright, so it wasn't misleading to a lot of people. But a lot isn't everyone, and there were others mislead as well. While the description isn't misinforming (as in telling the wrong requirements), I feel it isn't being 100% clear as to what the requirements are. I mean, it says them, but it can be interpreted in different ways. 

Also, this thread was just started as a little fun thing, and to see if anyone else agreed. No need to be taking this overly seriously and proving one side of the point or another. Sorry if I set the tone that way upon my initial post. My natural tendency is to yell 95% of what I say, so I didn't mean for this to become a serious thing.

Be fun and happy and stuff! Why can't y'all just post... like... pictures of kitties and stuff? *waits for next person to post a cat meme*

Edited by StormRacer872
  • Like 1

I didn't think it was misleading. If you just clear one character's story on Critical, you didn't clear the game on Critical, you cleared about 1/4 of the game on Critical.

While you have a fair point which I thought of myself, the same could be argued that "clearing the game" is only beating it once. Some people may consider one characters story to be beating the game, others may consider all 3 to be clearing. Regardless, I feel they should have specified that clearing refers to all 3 stories.

chill bro. it's just a game, you don't have to get all the trophies, so if it's too hard for you, don't. or see a therapist. no need to break the disc or your caps lock button.

Don't worry, I don't intend to actually break the disc xD That was simply a joke to express my frustration at realizing I have to play all 3 stories again. And it's not that it's hard, or that I don't want to get all the trophies; I do want all the trophies, but I've simply just realized that it's going to take much longer than would be necessary had I known the specific requirements before hand. And my trophy hunting addiction hasn't merited the need for a therapist fortunately. That may be a bit extreme :P

Also, points for the Frozen gif!

Edit: Annnddd I didn't watch it all the way to the end... *sigh* it was so magical till that...

it doesn't even take that long to beat everyone's story on critical. If you watch the cutscenes, 10 hours each. So if you skip them you'll cut down a lot of time.

That's a good point. I had forgotten how long all of the cutscenes were. Thanks for pointing that out!

You're going to snap the disc in half?!? At least sell it for money or something... Geez.

No, don't worry, I won't actually do it xD I would never dare sell or break any of my KH related things :P

Imagine if they went with the original description.

"Beat every story on Critical without skipping cutscenes under 1 hour without dying or Chnaging Equipment"

Plus complete all the journals 100%. I mean, that's totally doable, right? An hour is plenty of time!

Edited by StormRacer872

So imma rant for a bit here... 

After playing through Terra and Aqua on normal, and mid-way through Ventus on normal, I find out that to get the critical trophy you have to beat ALL 3 CHARACTERS ON CRITICAL. THAT TROPHY DESCRIPTION IS REALLY MISLEADING.

I was gonna do all 3 on normal, then whichever I found to be the easiest, do on Critical afterwards, but nooooooo. Now I need to replay ALL OF THEM.

The only advantage to this is that now I have easier save files to get collectables in and battle the hardest bosses. Still, not worth the extra 20 hours or however long my total play time is at -_-

I swear, once I platinum this game, I'm breaking this disc, recycling it into a new one, and breaking that one as well. I like Kingdom Hearts, but this is f**king ridiculous. HOW HARD IS IT TO SAY "BEAT ALL CHARACTERS AND POST-ENDINGS ON CRITICAL"? The description says "Clear game on Critical". THIS DOES NOT IN ANY WAY CLEARLY IMPLY THAT YOU HAVE TO CLEAR THE GAME WITH ALL 3 CHARACTERS ON CRITICAL. 

At this rate, KH 3 will come out before I plat this game.

Edit: So people seem to be pointing out that breaking the disc would be a bad idea. I should clarify, that was a joke and simply an expression of frustration at the fact that the platinum is now going to take significantly longer. I'm not actually going to break my disc, nor am I even significantly mad. Initially, yeah, cause it's like "Well look at all the time I wasted! *gestures to total play time*" but now it's just like "Dammit, gotta do it all again. This sucks. Oh well." I love KH and would never break the game, or any game for that matter. It's just a video game, one which cost money, and so it really wouldn't be sensible to break it out of anger. If I hated a game that much, which definitely isn't this game, I'd sell it.

Basically, no worries, I'm not breaking anything, and I don't need to see anyone for help :P

It's not misleading at all, the trophy clearly states that you have to beat the game on Critical, the game doesn't end until you beat the Final Episode, and you can't get that one without finishing each character's story first so no, people just like to jump to conclusions without knowing what they're talking about. And also, no, you can't "assume" that beating one character story is finishing the game.

• Like 1

It's not misleading at all, the trophy clearly states that you have to beat the game on Critical, the game doesn't end until you beat the Final Episode, and you can't get that one without finishing each character's story first so no, people just like to jump to conclusions without knowing what they're talking about. And also, no, you can't "assume" that beating one character story is finishing the game.

Hey man, it was just misleading to me. I just thought that clearing the game on critical meant playing from selecting a character to the credit roll. The story isn't complete until you beat the Final Episode, I get that. But reading the description lead me to believe something which was incorrect. I had assumed that beating the game once with one character constituted clearing the game, but as it turns out, that was an incorrect assumption, and clearing the game is beating everything it has to offer. I just felt it could've been clearer, and there are other threads on other sites asking the same thing (what exactly constitutes clearing the game), so obviously, I wasn't the only person who was mislead. It's not jumping to conclusions, either. It's making an assumption based on the information provided. If it was clear to you, great. Saves you time. But it wasn't perfectly clear to everyone, and this is evident. 

I'm not saying anyone was wrong here, or that people don't know what they're talking about. But some people, including myself, were mislead, and I just felt the description could've been clearer. 

Edit: So yeah, I guess not misleading. But just a bit unclear. Is that fair to say? I'm just trying to keep the peace here xD

Edited by StormRacer872

Hey man, it was just misleading to me. I just thought that clearing the game on critical meant playing from selecting a character to the credit roll. The story isn't complete until you beat the Final Episode, I get that. But reading the description lead me to believe something which was incorrect. I had assumed that beating the game once with one character constituted clearing the game, but as it turns out, that was an incorrect assumption, and clearing the game is beating everything it has to offer. I just felt it could've been clearer, and there are other threads on other sites asking the same thing (what exactly constitutes clearing the game), so obviously, I wasn't the only person who was mislead. It's not jumping to conclusions, either. It's making an assumption based on the information provided. If it was clear to you, great. Saves you time. But it wasn't perfectly clear to everyone, and this is evident. 

I'm not saying anyone was wrong here, or that people don't know what they're talking about. But some people, including myself, were mislead, and I just felt the description could've been clearer. 

Edit: So yeah, I guess not misleading. But just a bit unclear. Is that fair to say? I'm just trying to keep the peace here xD

Unclear sure, misleading not at all, sure you get some staff roll when you finish one character story, but the full credits, along with the actual ending of the game only happen after you clear the final episode so that's when the game ends.

While you have a fair point which I thought of myself, the same could be argued that "clearing the game" is only beating it once. Some people may consider one characters story to be beating the game, others may consider all 3 to be clearing. Regardless, I feel they should have specified that clearing refers to all 3 stories.

I could understand that line of reasoning, if the other clear trophies said to clear the game, but none of them do. They all say to clear a specific episode. The only one that says clear the game, is the Critical one, because it's the only one that requires you to... clear the game.

Also, just because someone "considers" a game beaten, that doesn't mean it is. I could "consider" Skyrim beaten once I clear the Thieves Guild, but that's not beating the game. That's just beating the part of the game I wanted to play. Clearing one person's story isn't clearing the game, as you haven't played through the entire story yet.

• Like 1

I could understand that line of reasoning, if the other clear trophies said to clear the game, but none of them do. They all say to clear a specific episode. The only one that says clear the game, is the Critical one, because it's the only one that requires you to... clear the game.

Also, just because someone "considers" a game beaten, that doesn't mean it is. I could "consider" Skyrim beaten once I clear the Thieves Guild, but that's not beating the game. That's just beating the part of the game I wanted to play. Clearing one person's story isn't clearing the game, as you haven't played through the entire story yet.

I never actually took the other trophies into consideration. Completely overlooked that! xD Your point makes a lot of sense.

Unclear sure, misleading not at all, sure you get some staff roll when you finish one character story, but the full credits, along with the actual ending of the game only happen after you clear the final episode so that's when the game ends.

I didn't even realize that the credit rolls are different! I just... well... skipped them xD So yeah, I see where you're coming from with the Final Episode being the definitive end. And I guess that unclear was the better word to use :P Sorry about that!

• Like 1

I never actually took the other trophies into consideration. Completely overlooked that! xD Your point makes a lot of sense.

I didn't even realize that the credit rolls are different! I just... well... skipped them xD So yeah, I see where you're coming from with the Final Episode being the definitive end. And I guess that unclear was the better word to use :P Sorry about that!

Dude, never skip the credits on a Kingdom Hearts game, the conclusion of most of the extra characters story happens during them, for example on BBS credits you find out what happened to Zack, what Isa and Lea where planing when Isa says to Lea they had to go after meeting Ven, what the pricessess did after being saved, etc.

• Like 2

Dude, never skip the credits on a Kingdom Hearts game, the conclusion of most of the extra characters story happens during them, for example on BBS credits you find out what happened to Zack, what Isa and Lea where planing when Isa says to Lea they had to go after meeting Ven, what the pricessess did after being saved, etc.

WHAT?!? Damn, now I guess I have something to look forward to when I beat it all again! xD Thanks for letting me know!

• Like 2

WHAT?!? Damn, now I guess I have something to look forward to when I beat it all again! xD Thanks for letting me know!

Please tell me you've at least saw the credits of every game in the saga at least once lol It's nothing major but they have a feeling of closure in them and they're worth watching.

• Like 1

I think a lot of you who have posted here are being unnecessarily unsympathetic.

If you've never felt like smashing a game in half then you are either lying or have never attempted a truly difficult trophy.

Forums are for being a part of the gaming community and receiving support, not for being so high and mighty you bunch of dishrags.

I hope irl you aren't as cold as this!!!

Jeez, lighten up!

Much love to gamers who help gamers, and it would totally annoy me too, haha.

I think a lot of you who have posted here are being unnecessarily unsympathetic.

If you've never felt like smashing a game in half then you are either lying or have never attempted a truly difficult trophy.

Forums are for being a part of the gaming community and receiving support, not for being so high and mighty you bunch of dishrags.

Jeez, lighten up!

What the... no one was unsympathetic to the TC here, he was mistaken and everyone told him that, once he realized it he even laughed at it. I was the only one that came out a little harsh to him, but nothing close to acting all high and mighty, let alone the rest of the people posting here... If you want to act all knight in shinning armor on an internet forum at least do it when it's actual needed.

• Like 1

And what exactly was your reason for being harsh? Was it to be helpful?

He posted so no one else would also make the same mistake, which I'm glad I kno about before playing.

Why did you post, except to tell him he was wrong?

I'm not trying to be a knight in SHINING armour, I just want these forums to be a lot more fun and a lot less full of ego maniacs.

If you ever need help with something on here I hope the people who respond to you are as much of a laugh as you are.

Please tell me you've at least saw the credits of every game in the saga at least once lol It's nothing major but they have a feeling of closure in them and they're worth watching.

Ah, I'm afraid not. Perhaps KH II and the titles on DS, but other than that, skipping credits is a bad habit of mine xD But fear not, I shall watch the credits all the way through once I go back to replay the games on their hardest difficulties.

Jeez, lighten up!

Hey man, it's all good :) I appreciate what you're saying, but I don't think anyone meant to be rude or anything. Sometimes things just come out wrong. Also, to be fair, I did kinda... yell a lot... in my original post xD

Still, I appreciate you stepping in. It's good to have people like you around :)

He posted so no one else would also make the same mistake, which I'm glad I kno about before playing.

I'm not trying to be a knight in SHINING armour, I just want these forums to be a lot more fun and a lot less full of ego maniacs.

If you ever need help with something on here I hope the people who respond to you are as much of a laugh as you are.

Glad you know now as well! :D I posted to rant about it, but hey, making sure other people don't make the same mistake is a nice outcome :P

And anyways, everyone was just pointing out where I went wrong. They may not have given a thought as to how their message would potentially sound to others, but we're all friends here. As long as no one meant to deliberately be harsh or anything, it's all good, and even if they did, it just takes an apology to fix it. :)

What the... no one was unsympathetic to the TC here, he was mistaken and everyone told him that, once he realized it he even laughed at it. I was the only one that came out a little harsh to him, but nothing close to acting all high and mighty, let alone the rest of the people posting here... If you want to act all knight in shinning armor on an internet forum at least do it when it's actual needed.

Ah, don't worry about it man. It's only because of you that I now know not to skip the credits!

Edited by StormRacer872

I was harsh because I hate when people complain about things when they have no reason to, but I toned it down a lot once he responded back and I realized he wasn't being an idiot about it and he just used the wrong word, did you even read the rest of our posts or did you just jumped in without bothering to read the rest? And that's exactly why I responded to him, because he was wrong and I wanted to set him streight, so I, the the rest of the posters here, did that and he learned something because of it.

Ah, I'm afraid not. Perhaps KH II and the titles on DS, but other than that, skipping credits is a bad habit of mine xD But fear not, I shall watch the credits all the way through once I go back to replay the games on their hardest difficulties.

lol well, Days and Re:coded have nothing on it but the rest do, Re:COM for example had a great build up to KHII and left me anxious to know what would come next back in the day :P It loses it's sense of mystery after playing KHII but back then was fuel for many great theories.

• Like 2

You were a jerk and you know it, in his first post he said he had got the idea wrong himself and he was annoyed.

You didn't have to reiterate again and again that he was wrong especially when stormracer seems a really nice guy.

Haha, It's kind of ironic that a game about friendship and loyalty gets this response, lol.

Not very Sora of you...

You were a jerk and you know it, in his first post he said he had got the idea wrong himself and he was annoyed.

You didn't have to reiterate again and again that he was wrong especially when stormracer seems a really nice guy.

Haha, It's kind of ironic that a game about friendship and loyalty gets this response, lol.

Not very Sora of you...

Oh no, someone was mean to someone else on the internet, stop the presses... Look kid, if you get this upset by something so small and insignificant, and that quite frankly has nothing to do with you in the first place, then the real world's gonna chew you up, swallow you whole, and then spit you back out. But hey, whatever floats your boat kid...

Not very Sora of you...

Awe, well aren't you nice :D

Oh no, someone was mean to someone else on the internet, stop the presses... Look kid, if you get this upset by something so small and insignificant, and that quite frankly has nothing to do with you in the first place, then the real world's gonna chew you up, swallow you whole, and then spit you back out. But hey, whatever floats your boat kid...

'kid'? who exactly do you think you are, hard man? You are literally such a loser.

Besides, I don't believe the world is as bad as all that.

If you have such a bleak world-view maybe you should seek professional help you sad act.

Anyway, I can't really be bothered with you anymore so bye.

Now come on you two, no need to fight. Devil_Spooky came across as harsh, and he's acknowledged that and toned it down. Not a problem anymore. Let's just make peace and forget about this thread :P

Edited by StormRacer872

'kid'? who exactly do you think you are, hard man? You are literally such a loser.

Besides, I don't believe the world is as bad as all that.

If you have such a bleak world-view maybe you should seek professional help you sad act.

Anyway, I can't really be bothered with you anymore so bye.

Don't flatter yourself kid, I call that to everyone, it's a little quirk of mine and comes with age.

And don't worry, you'll gain such a view of the world once you spend a few more years in it ;)

I'm the loser and yet you're the one that came into a internet forum about video games to rant about someone being mean to someone else lol Get over yourself kid, we're all losers in here, you just have to be proud about it. But don't worry, again, it comes with age ;)

• Like 1