Can you get trophies while using share play?

Bumblebee_14_

Only the host gets the trophy.

There are valid reasons for using SharePlay, least of all trophy whoring. Some parts of games are too hard for some people, so the intention is simply to 'give your mate a hand', old-fashion couch co-op style. But there are also rare instances where trophies are glitched for some regions, but not for others.

For example, Skylanders Swap Team on PS4 has an unobtainable trophy for AU / NZ discs, but it pops for everyone else. The devs went so far as to create a patch to resolve the issue, but Aussies & Kiwis can't install the patch! So we got shafted out of the Plat.

I ended up importing the game from the UK just to unlock one simple trophy and I'd like to be able to unlock that trophy for fellow AU / NZ gamers without the expense of importing a second copy of the game. If SharePlay worked so guests also unlocked the trophy then I could help, but alas, it's host only, and I'd need to be the host for them to access my version of the game. I'm not going to gameshare their accounts, so I can't help them out.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm sorry for digging up such an old topic, but I have been searching both this board and Google, and I haven't really found an answer. Will share playing with a friend install that game's trophy set on my console? He is playing Naruto, and we'll be share playing it tonight, but I'm afraid if it will install the trophy set, and if I accidentally earn some easy trophy and won't be able to remove it again. Like I said, I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this? In advance, thanks!

I'm sorry for digging up such an old topic, but I have been searching both this board and Google, and I haven't really found an answer. Will share playing with a friend install that game's trophy set on my console? He is playing Naruto, and we'll be share playing it tonight, but I'm afraid if it will install the trophy set, and if I accidentally earn some easy trophy and won't be able to remove it again. Like I said, I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this? In advance, thanks!

I would like to know about this as well for future caution.

Edited by Saionji

I would like to know about this as well for future caution.

The Guest do not earn trophies like I read here (under limitations):

https://www.playstation.com/en-in/get-help/help-library/apps---features/share-and-broadcast/share-play-on-ps4-and-how-it-works/

• Like 1

Yes, unfortunately.  I call SharePlay "The HAKOOM update." hahaha I, like many trophy hunters, do not like the fact that trophies can be earned in SharePlay.  We feel it cheapens the value of the hard work we put in to earning the trophies and the platinums that we have and do earn.  Unfortunately, this is the path Sony has decided to take.  I would love SharePlay if its use disabled trophies. 

You realize that Shareplay was created for others to get trophies done right?  That's the whole point of it, to let others play your game for you, to beat bosses or hard sections for you, etc. and let them take control for a little while, sorta emulating you handing off your controller to a friend next to you....

Jeeze...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You realize that Shareplay was created for others to get trophies done right?  That's the whole point of it, to let others play your game for you, to beat bosses or hard sections for you, etc. and let them take control for a little while, sorta emulating you handing off your controller to a friend next to you....

Jeeze...

hmmm ... I was always under the impression that SharePlay was created so that a friend could try out one of my games to see if it is something he might like ... that might just be me though ... :P

• Like 1

hmmm ... I was always under the impression that SharePlay was created so that a friend could try out one of my games to see if it is something he might like ... that might just be me though ... :P

That's a stance of casual gamers =D

For trophy hunters, it's something else, I guess xD

Edited by Satoshi Ookami