Help with friends list

GarrisonWhite2

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I was unable to find anything here or on Google and I really need help with this.

Anyway, I got a PS4 Thanksgiving night, and ever since then my PS3 friends list has been all screwed up. They are both linked to the same PSN account, and I've noticed that certain PS4 friends (who I'm fairly certain don't have/use PS3) show up on my friends list on my PS3. Some of my friends have been deleted, and I get a "friends list full" message when I try to add people on my PS3.

What I'm trying to figure out is: do my PS4 friends show up on my PS3 friends list? If so, is there a way to prevent this? Do they only show up if they have a PS3 as well? How do I keep my friends from being deleted if my PS4 is in fact affecting my PS3 friends list?

You add people as friends, they will be your friend on that PSN account. Forget systems, if you add someone on they are your friend on that account.

PS3 supports 100 friends I believe, and things get messed up if you start adding people on other systems such as a vita or a PS4 which allow more than 100.

Friends you added on your account will show up in every console you own, PS3, PS4 and PS Vita. Even if they don't have that console.

What's happening is the XMB glitch as i like to call it, the PS4 and Vita allow you to have 2000 friends, but the PS3 can only show 100, so it will randomly pick the additional friends you have and remove them from the XMB on PS3, if you check your PS4 or Vita you will see that they are still in your friends list, and if you reset the PS3 then another order of friends will show up.

The only way to prevent that glitch is to have exactly 100 friends or less, even at 101 at least one person won't show up. If you try to add people after you reach the 100+ mark then there will always bet a pop-up saying that you have too many friends and you won't be able to see them all on the XMB, but that's only on PS3, so you should add people while on PS4, PS Vita or using the PS App.

do my PS4 friends show up on my PS3 friends list? If so, is there a way to prevent this?

Yes and no!

• Like 1

You add people as friends, they will be your friend on that PSN account. Forget systems, if you add someone on they are your friend on that account.

PS3 supports 100 friends I believe, and things get messed up if you start adding people on other systems such as a vita or a PS4 which allow more than 100.

Friends you added on your account will show up in every console you own, PS3, PS4 and PS Vita. Even if they don't have that console.

What's happening is the XMB glitch as i like to call it, the PS4 and Vita allow you to have 2000 friends, but the PS3 can only show 100, so it will randomly pick the additional friends you have and remove them from the XMB on PS3, if you check your PS4 or Vita you will see that they are still in your friends list, and if you reset the PS3 then another order of friends will show up.

The only way to prevent that glitch is to have exactly 100 friends or less, even at 101 at least one person won't show up. If you try to add people after you reach the 100+ mark then there will always bet a pop-up saying that you have too many friends and you won't be able to see them all on the XMB, but that's only on PS3, so you should add people while on PS4, PS Vita or using the PS App.

Yes and no!

So basically it's something that I can't prevent because I've accumulated more than 100 friends on the account since buying my PS4, but those PS3 friends are still on my list even though they don't show up. If they aren't showing up on the XMB, can they still show up in game (Destiny or Skate 3, for example)? Or do I have to reset until the people I want to play with are showing up on the XMB too?

Btw, I'm totally going to start calling it the XMB glitch too.

Thanks for replying!

If they aren't showing up on the XMB, can they still show up in game (Destiny or Skate 3, for example)? Or do I have to reset until the people I want to play with are showing up on the XMB too?

From my experience they vanish completely, so yes you do have to keep signing in and out until they show up.  :(

From my experience they vanish completely, so yes you do have to keep signing in and out until they show up.  :(

So I can just sign in and out instead of turning my system off and on?

some content difficulty may be blocking my friend list and the messages some may not make to the players. i sometime start the friends list then delete it then i would start it over.

I'm not really sure what you mean....