Journey, just brilliant...

Chambers35

So I just couldn't resist buying this game, even though it is expensive for how long it actually is, and it's brilliant.

I don't know what it is about Journey, maybe it's the peaceful aura surrounding the game, the way you actually feel connected to the companion beside you, the brilliant soundtrack, probably all those things, but I really enjoyed it.

Short games do my head in, but this didn't seem to bother me...

Anyway, have any of you played the game? If so, what are your opinions?

• Like 3

I haven't played it but I AM going to purchase it. I have heard nothing but good things.

I want to get it when I have a co-op partner to go through it with. If anyone is interested, contact me.

Pointless you trying to arrange to do co-op with anyone, there's no invite system. When you meet someone in the game there's no PSN name on display and you can't check your players met to see who your playing with. iv heard when you complete the game it shows you the PSN ID's of all the players you encountered on your journey.

Brilliant original atmospheric game though.

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to eventually playing Journey. Last year I finally played Flower and, I can honestly say that I have never played a game/experience like that! It was a tad bit overly-political, but if you ignored that, it was an experience that no other medium can offer. It's simplicity and sense of richness was and is unparalleled! Flow on the other hand was just well.....different. :D

Pointless you trying to arrange to do co-op with anyone, there's no invite system. When you meet someone in the game there's no PSN name on display and you can't check your players met to see who your playing with. iv heard when you complete the game it shows you the PSN ID's of all the players you encountered on your journey.

Brilliant original atmospheric game though.

Wow, no shit. Okay, good info, thanks. I better get this while the game is hot then and servers will be active.

Yeah i have to agree this game is pure awsome sauce and the multiplayer aspect doesn't feel out of place, it's amazingly integrated, most of the time you won't even know there is someone in your game until the credits, i played with 8 others on my first playthrough but only stuck with two of them for the majority of the game, I dint even see the rest of then

still, i love this game and will be playing it more and more soon

• Like 1

Well, you lot, amongst others have convinced me to part with the £10 for this "experience". I'm downloading it now, so we'll see if it really is as good as people are saying in a bit....

EDIT: So, I finished my first playthrough a little while ago. It took me about 90 minutes, and I expect my opinion to be a little unpopular...

Its not a bad time-waster and there are a couple of moments during the game, that I genuinely thought "WOW",

I love the online side of it, its one of the few games out there where online players cant actually f**k your game up (Intentionally or not.). It's also great that you dont know who you are playing with until you reach the end.

Honestly, reviewers and people labeling as an "experience" are over selling it a little IMO (no offence intended, you are all entitled to your view.). It's a fun little game with some interesting ideas, but for me it never felt anything more than a demo for something bigger.

Will I play it again, Definitely. Was it worth a tenner, not at all. Fun, but certainly not the "emotional experience" that I've been led to believe.

Am I being harsh? Am I missing the bigger picture? I dont think so, but I'd love to see why some of you love it so much, rather than what appears to me as many people saying its great, but not saying why it's great for them.

There... I've opened up on my thoughts, feel free to tear it apart. I want one of you to make me look at this game differently.

Damn, sorry you didn't think much of it mate, hope you don't blame me for your wasted money :o

I will be getting this game and 1 of 3 things will happen:

1. I like it and I'll thank you and tell AF how wrong he is.

2. I'll hate it and blame you and tell AF he was right.

3. I'll "kind of" like it, and blame you anyway.

:P

Seriously though, I do plan on getting it, but the length of the game has my "Confirm Purchase" finger a little hesitant to push the button at the current price.

• Like 3

EDIT:

Damn, sorry you didn't think much of it mate, hope you don't blame me for your wasted money :o

Not at all dude! Next time though, dont put the gun so close to my head when I'm at the PSN checkout. :P

I will be getting this game and 1 of 3 things will happen:

1. I like it and I'll thank you and tell AF how wrong he is.

2. I'll hate it and blame you and tell AF he was right.

3. I'll "kind of" like it, and blame you anyway.

:P

Seriously though, I do plan on getting it, but the length of the game has my "Confirm Purchase" finger a little hesitant to push the button at the current price.

Wade will tell me how wrong I am?!! I have 2 stars under my name!!

I got those by :

a ) Being right ALL the time

and

b ) Never admitting when I am wrong... Which never happens... Obviously!!

In all seriousness though, I appear to be in the minority. I really do suggest that anyone who can afford to try it, does so. It's not a bad game at all, it just didnt tick certain boxes for me like it has for others. This of course may have nothing to do with the game, I'm often told that I'm dead inside!!

Hope you enjoy it Wade.

• Like 3

I got it for my wife, I watched as she played and it didn't look interesting to me at all. And is took her a few days to play thru it. I don't think it lived up to her expectations either, based on the reviews it was receiving.

edit: waits for a cookie for agreeing with AF

• Like 1

Hope you enjoy it Wade.

Oh, I am sure I will as I really enjoyed Flower and flOw; so it isn't that I have any doubts about that, but it is the current price for such a short game that has me putting this one on the back-burner for now.

By the way: Yeah, I see your stars, but look at MY profile...see those three dots? Well, just for your information, those are actually planets; and 3 planets trump 2 stars! :rolleyes:

• 2 years later...

Simply brilliant i have to admit it.

Just finished last night for the first time, took me less than 2 hours, I felt it was a bit short but i was so peacful and loved with the atmosphere and the happiness of finding and stick with a companion that even that don't bother me at all.

A masterpiece of PS3 Era that every one should enjoy.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I'm a little late putting my opinion in, but...I honestly hadn't heard much about the game before playing it.  I got the collector's edition Journey game from Wal*Mart for 19 dollars with Flow, Flower, and three other mini games that were a little older from the same company...they look older, anyways...I mostly got the disc for the other two games, mainly Flower.  I guess I couldn't resist playing it at least once since it was one of the main games on the disc...I actually met up with someone in the desert and played through to the end with them my first time, lol.  I thought that the graphics were beautiful- story as well- and the idea that you could potentially bump into someone there was really a nice one (I have a new friend on my friend list that I met there....I got a message five minutes after our Journey).  Thoroughly useful in the sand dunes, the water area with the dragons, and the snowy areas- you can charge eachother up so you can fly again without walking extended periods.  Oh, and if you meet someone who has been through multitudes of times you may get a free trophy if you stay caught up...it's how I found my missing two glyphs, as well as how I got the Trial trophy my first time playing X D

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

this roughly 2 hours game tells better story than any other game. gotta give it to thatgamecompany for crafting such masterpiece.

also i heard a remastered ver. of journey is under development for the PS4. hopefully they'll do something about the companions being random =p

• 1 month later...