A game you really enjoyed that had a disappointing ending?

Ubernahme

We've all had those games we really like for one reason or another, but my question is did any of those games let you down in the end?
Like, my game would be Rage. It was a wonderful game with an awesome story, great characters, and was an overall unique and interesting FPS/RPG. But, and if you've played it you'll know, it had such a lame ending. No big boss battle, no closure, no being able to play afterwards. It was really a big ole poop on the chest that you weren't expecting.

But what about you?

• Like 1

1. Darksiders II
  2. Fallout 3
  3. Killzone HD
  4. Little Big Planet 1
  5. Perfect Dark Zero
  6. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
  7. Resistance: Fall of Man
  8. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

This is my short list of games that I've enjoyed quite a lot, but whose endings didn't feel like proper climaxes following all of the build-up leading to them. That isn't to say that their endings were bad, but they were certainly disappointment.

There's no specific reason as to why I chose these in particular. They were just the games that game to mind!

Edited by Jenni XJ-9

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty is my most hated ending in video games so far. After beating the final boss, all the story really conveys is "Yeah! 'Murica and stuff!" I found it really annoying. After the 'Murica parts, it just goes to Raiden monologuing about the mysteries of life and it just kept going downhill. All that weird sh*t that was going on before the battle against all of those Metal Gear Rays was completely unexplained.

The series made it up to me with the ending in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. Which is probably one of my favorite endings in video games. That one hits you in the feels.

• Like 1

Rage. The ending was complete garbage.

Oh wow, I forgot about that. The ending was just so unsatisfying and anti-climatic. But the game itself was pretty good.

Anyway, the first game that popped in my head was L.A. Noire. I'm not sure if was particularly bad or if I just didn't like how

the main character died

can you explain your reasoning? and please dont say "i dont know, i just didnt like it"  B)

I don't know, it was just Blah.  :eyebrow:

The real reason I didn't like it was the fact that the entire game was rendered useless by the ending. By killing Booker in the past, Elizabeth ensured that Comstock didn't exist. If Comstock didn't exist, Colombia and all the things that happened in it didn't either, therefore all the things that happened in the game didn't actually happen. It might just be me, but what exactly was the point of having a story if it was all irrelevant anyhow? I hope my reasoning makes some sense.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Lightning Returns.  Both had horrible, meh endings.  Of course, then again, Final Fantasy XIII, in my opinion, was a near-perfect game that had a perfect ending with no loose ends so there never should have been any sequels.  All three games were a lot of fun to play gameplay-wise and all.  XIII is an amazing game with an amazing story.  The sequels, story-wise, as I've said in other posts are complete cash-grab garbage.  A lot of fun to play, but cash-grab garbage storyline.  I just pretend the sequels never happened. :P

Edited by Spider-Man916
  • Like 1