A game you really enjoyed that had a disappointing ending?

Ubernahme

@BioShock Infinite - guess the reason some people didn't like it is because it's such an info dump ~ if one didn't see that coming, it was unnecessary and too unexpected. Personally, I played the whole game knowing what's going to happen and picking all this foreshadowing, so I don't mind. Actually, I like how well it ties in, but from what I read about Burial at Sea, screenwriters tend to add new rules only to justify the plot.

What I didn't enjoy:
BioShock 2 - the least interesting character in whole series gets to narrate the ending, and it's itterative to the original.
Borderlands 2, God of War 3, Dead Space 2/3 - the world is safe now... OR IS IT?
Batman: Arkham City - there he is, focusing all the lights at himself. Watching the trailers, playing the game itself I was like "how will Batman deal with Hugo Strange?", and suddenly he doesn't have to, because he has to deal with R'as al Ghul, and suddenly he doesn't have to, because he has to deal with The Joker, and suddenly... And then Arkham Origins happened, and he stole the game once again :/. Don't get me wrong, Joker's potrayal is much better than what we see in Nolan's movies, but it doesn't mean he has to pull all the strings in each game of the series. What's next, Joker cloning himself and becoming Arkham Knight?
Remember Me - something I predicted after the first cutscene. It was just to obvious that the guy who directs all your actions may be manipulating you. Not necessarily a bad ending, but it certainly wasn't satisfying.

In terms of gameplay:
BioShock - last boss was easier than the first fight with Big Daddy, I didn't even care to shoot Splicers.

Tomb Raider, though it doesn't fit the "I enjoyed the game" category - shoot stuff, dodge + counter like you had to do with any other big guy, trash mobs kill you, pew pew pew, QTE -_- .

Mortal Kombat 9 - Shao Kahn is self-explanatory.

Remember Me - something I predicted after the first cutscene. It was just to obvious that the guy who directs all your actions may be manipulating you.

Not necessarily a bad ending, but it certainly wasn't satisfying.

Totally agree with you, i had such expectations for the game and then when I finished it I thought "Is that it ??" 

The game have a nice story but the gameplay that seemed so promising turns out in desapoiting !!

Or maybe different people have different opinions. Mindblowing right?

So your point is that all opinions are valid, whether the person voicing it is an idiot or not?

That is simply not true. My post did not minimise the opinions of people who argue one game over another based on merit, it simply pointed out that those who complain about an artistic choice simply because they are not smart enough to understand it are not worth listening to.

There are literally thousands of games easy enough for a low IQ person to understand, and do not aim to do anything more than to satisfy the lowest common denominator. Thats fine. But lets please not take seriously the complains of those lowest common denominator people when they attack the few games with loftier artistic ambitions simply because the dont have the wit to follow them.

This thread is a fascinating insight into how thick some people are - so many complaining that endings that are cliffhangers or difficult to understand, or are not fully explained - basically saying they want everything to be detailed in excruciating, child-friendly detail and spoon fed to them.

There are lots of games that have genuinely bad endings, but an ending that at least attempts to be artisticly valid (bioshock infinite or TLOU for example) is not 'bad' simply because some portion of the audience are of low intelligence.

Actually I just watched the creator of a the games interpertation of the ending and when I thought about it, it did make sense of what he explained but I thought of something all together different.  It's not the audiences low intelligence but rather what the game and it's story of what it was actually trying to say and explain to us.  I think people actually wanted to know the real thoughts of the creator and although we can imagine what ever we want we still want the real truth of the story through the creator.  Now before you start saying that people have low intelligence or anything of that nature just remember you are probably one of the dummiest people here for throwing those kinds of words around.