its lone survivor directors cut worth 5 dollars

predator086siren

Went into it with almost no knowledge and was very pleasantly surprised. Ranks in or near the top 5 of the ~45 games I played last year.

I can't speak as someone who plays a lot of horror games, but this game scared the hell out of me. The sound design really got under my skin. If you do buy it, I suggest playing late at night with headphones and the volume up.

If you don't like the 16-bit look it may be a bit of a deal breaker for you though.

Edit: One important thing. I would recommend you avoid reviews, particularly the gamespot video review which spoils quite a bit of the early game. You'll get more out of LS the less you know going in.

Edited by BraveNoobWorld
  • Like 1

Well, I hated it and simply could not get into it. I can't understand how some people say this is one of the greatest games of the past years, but I imagine this is not a game for everyone. It was a pain going through it and I didn't even finish it. Fortunately, I didn't spend any money on it, because I got it free through PS Plus. This is my opinion and I'm not saying "don't buy it". You have to decide for yourself if you think this is your kind of game. By the opinions I see, probably, this is one of those games that you either love or hate.

• 3 weeks later...

I think we can see why it's an ultra rare in this topic. The game is very love/hate, and if you hate it you'll hate it to the degree that you never want to play it again.

I couldn't get into it myself in the beginning and found it hard, depressing and meaningless. I'm very glad I force myself to come back and it ended up being one of my favourite platinums. This is what I wrote about it right after I finished it:

I came back to this game and ended up liking it a lot. It is super depressing and the endings are dark as hell, but I like that. Also, this game is so different from most games that it felt really refreshing. A game where the story is wide open for interpretation? Awesome! Sadly there's no story discussion thread here, I'd love to hear how other people interpreted the different ending

• 3 weeks later...

Would you care to elaborate one what you think sucks about it? Was it the great atmosphere? The creepy and depressing story? The neat visual design? The multiple endings?

Well said Dr, it's incredible how easy and unnecessary some people throw hate towards something just because they struggle if the game.

And asking the question, yes, it's Amazing.

• 6 years later...