Most Time Consuming Platinums

Snickel

Time-consuming platinum you say? Well I am still in the middle of grinding out Mugen Souls, and all I need is to get 2 gold trophies, both of which require me to get 1,002,00 Shampuru, and I only have 290k. But in due time my friends... In due time... *wipes off dust from clothing, picks up the controller and goes back to farming*

• Like 1

Ni no Kuni took me 80-90 hours

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix took somewhere around 115 hours IIRC, 70-80 on one playthrough.

Rayman Legends took months of daily play.

As for the stats on this site, my longest is Burnout Paradise which took me 5 years.

I would imagine GTA IV is my longest plat to date if you include all the dlc. Probably 100+ in the base game, 10-20 in TLAD, and 30+ in The Ballad of Gay Tony. A good chunk of that time (25+ hours) could be saved by having two PS3's and 2 copies of the game.

NBA 2k14, though I may never plat it, will take forever. 40+ hours on a single silver trophy (82-0).

Gran Turismo 5 (still in progress) is also a monster. I'm not sure how many hours I've poured into it so far, but it's more than either of the others.

Final Fantasy 13 and Rainbow Moon both took around 130-150 hours. I think Disgaea 3 took longer, closer to 200. I started White Knight Chronicles almost 5 years ago and intend to finish it. That'll probably take the longest. That game got real boring, but I'll do it cause I started it.

Final fantasy XIII took me 261 hours, 5 minutes, 29 seconds to platinum.  Well, maybe a minute or so less than that, but you get the point.  The only reason I know the exact time is because the damn save file shows the total time played.  Luckily, I loved the game and am still in love with the game, but man, what a grind! LOL

Edited by Spider-Man916

White Knight Chronicles: When the online was still up, it didn't feel like long since I did it with friends. Although when it went down, it took a real long while to find the needed items for bindings, etc.

Demon Souls: Iit took a long time to get the needed stones for upgrades. Hell, the only time I did coop on that game was for the boss fights, and i just did the rest offline as I didn't want red phantoms to pop up and kill me while I'm grinding.

FFXIII: It took a damn long time to get the items, and then I found out I missed an item for the all equipped items/weapons trophy. I had to restart the whole grind all over again. *sigh* not exactly happy to do that.

If we're talking in game time, for me, it's Tales of Symphonia. It took me about 160 hours.

If we're talking physical amount of time, it's BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend. It took me about 6 months to find a group to boost the team trophies with.