Another Trophy Competition?

HeyItsSpanky

I'm in the mood for a comp. I don't mind hosting, but I would like suggestions as how to run/score. I like the idea of doing something different.

1.) In the spirit of March Madness... Doing a bracket style single elimination. Basic scoring M-S with scoring and set up for following round on Sundays.

2.) 3-Man Relay - Similar to a race, the second can't start earning till the first finishes. Once the first person gets 25 trophies, the second players trophies start to count. Once the second gets 25, the anchor can start and needs 50 to win. Different... But possible.

3.) Platinum only. A 2 team comp (5 ppl or so) where only plats count and their weighted against how many don't have it. If the percentage is 90%, the trophy is worth (100-90)*150 = 1,500 Points... But if only 10% have it... (100-10)*150 = 13,500.

Thoughts?

The "relay" idea would be fun! Perhaps a necessary amount of trophy points instead of 100 trophies, as between 3 people, it could honestly be earned in under 24 hours, maybe 48 if you are lazy :P.

I dislike any "platinum only" goals. If i put effort into another game, but don't get around to finishing it, I feel credit is still earned.

As for a bracket style, maybe if the bracket went both ways (as to branch to the center for winners, and to the outsides for the losers, just so no one is eliminated early who would still like to participate.) The bracket is still kind of iffy, as some players are obviously the strongest, and being paired with them early could make the tournament less fun for one.

I'll tell you this much. Christopher its the same case with me, The ONLY games ive 100% was Linger in Shadows and Infamous and the ONLY game I plated was Infamous. im close with Far Cry 2 but I NEED help with the cell towers jobs and the Rank Match trophies. anyone down?

While the post is semi related, this is a discussion topic ;)

The boosting thread for Far Cry 2 can be found here.