I deleted it after one week!

boombatakr

To be honest, it's deleted from my PS3, but it's not gone for good. I downloaded it so its still on the PSN. I think I played it the wrong day. Ever play a tough game when you had a shitty day at work? Uh.....yeah! That's what i did lol.  Someone asked why i didn't change the setting to easy? I was too stubborn to actually think of that tbh. LOL. I am going to focus on my other titles, but i think i will tackle God of War 1-3 before I ever try Ascension again.

Edited by boombatakr

You can call me a bad gamer, and you would probably be right. I'm not the biggest gamer, nor am I great at games. I do love playing as much as the next guy. I also don't mind games that are competitive, but holy Christ did this game give be NES flashbacks! I did something I never did before.I bought this game a week ago and already deleted it. It pissed me off THAT much! For starters, it was the biggest pain in my ass because it took two days to download another to install. When i finally got to start the game, it took like another couple hours to update it. Then..... once i finally got to play the actual game, it was THE hardest game i have EVER played! This was utter bullshit!! There are scenes when the screen is too far away and you can't even see Kratos in the sea of baddies. Then THE straw! The straw the put that camel out of its misery. A fairly early stage where you face a wave of baddies that pop up out of the ground and when i defeat them, im left with an inch of life, then another wave pops up. There is NO crate so i can open to get more life and they all take like 30-40 hits each to go down! Thats fucking nuts! My fingers are so from this one damn stage and ive tried like 10 times. This fucking game pissed me off more then being married to my ex wife!

I deleted that bastard, and accept my losses! I feel just like kratos now!

AGHHHHHHHHHH!

Don't feel bad, bro.  I think everyone has that one game that gets to them and they just can't beat or even get a hang of.  For me, it's Max Payne 3's notorious NYMHC mode.  After maybe 50, 60 times of trying and having most of those tries end with game-ending glitches and freezes and the other times dying, I just gave up.  I think we all have that one game.

Edited by Spider-Man916

To be honest, it's deleted from my PS3, but it's not gone for good. I downloaded it so its still on the PSN. I think I played it the wrong day. Ever play a tough game when you had a shitty day at work? U.....yeah! That's what i did lol.  Someone asked why i didn't change the setting to easy? I was too stubborn to actually think of that tbh. LOL. I am going to focus on my other titles, but i think i will tackle God of War 1-3 before I ever try Ascension again.

i feel you man, we're canadian

• 3 months later...

lol, old thread, so many emotions and misconceptions. The man wasn't talking about the trials. If I am not missing my guess he was either getting the fire or the ice. Fire will have enemies respawn until you bother to read the screen. I learned that. And ice, well to me that was the wake up call. And agreed, definitely more challenging from a pure combat perspective than other GoW games especially this early in the game.

The trials that people seem to get hung up on are a pain, so prepare for that when you go back to the game. SMS seem to try and turn a f-up in GoW-1 (accidental spike in difficulty because they didnt playtest hades) into a series tradition. But they are quite surmountable. Btw, the patch only gives you some health and magic back, not even much. They still play the same. So no worries about anyones epeens, whenever you beat them, the trials are intact.

And OP: I see you got the 100% trophy in Red Dead. If I remember correctly (bears, cougars, poker games etc.) that takes a hell of a lot more persistence.

You can call me a bad gamer, and you would probably be right. I'm not the biggest gamer, nor am I great at games. I do love playing as much as the next guy. I also don't mind games that are competitive, but holy Christ did this game give be NES flashbacks! I did something I never did before.I bought this game a week ago and already deleted it. It pissed me off THAT much! For starters, it was the biggest pain in my ass because it took two days to download another to install. When i finally got to start the game, it took like another couple hours to update it. Then..... once i finally got to play the actual game, it was THE hardest game i have EVER played! This was utter bullshit!! There are scenes when the screen is too far away and you can't even see Kratos in the sea of baddies. Then THE straw! The straw the put that camel out of its misery. A fairly early stage where you face a wave of baddies that pop up out of the ground and when i defeat them, im left with an inch of life, then another wave pops up. There is NO crate so i can open to get more life and they all take like 30-40 hits each to go down! Thats fucking nuts! My fingers are so from this one damn stage and ive tried like 10 times. This fucking game pissed me off more then being married to my ex wife!

AGHHHHHHHHHH!

I liked the game a lot. I only remember having issues at one spot and ended up getting past it after a day or two. Since it took so long to download and update, you shouldn't have deleted it and tried again another time.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, Ascension is much easier than III, the only part I really had an issue was the Elevator Ascension, also I did the playthrough pre-patch. You should get in the habit of using dodge roll to avoid everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. And use the Quick Action ( :circle: ) as much as you can as you can get Health/Mana orbs from certain enemies. Also, my assumption that you tried going for Hard Difficulty off the bat, I played it first on Easy to get used to the gameplay and get the feel of some enemy combat patterns, then went for the Hard Playthrough. Also, if you thought Ascension was hard, try going for God of War III, or worse, Ninja Gaiden.

• 1 month later...

I just got around to playing this via Now...and all I have to say is it's atrocious.   Yeah, I went in on hard from the off, and I have no qualms about difficulty...but it's not skill that is the issue, I agree with some of the comments, I can't see what the hell is going on half the time, I'm swamped with enemies, cannon fodder enemies that is, that make me feel as if my weapons are made of candy floss (cotton candy I think), button responsiveness is awful (it's not lag), checkpoints are poor, can't skip cut scenes...it's a mess!

That said, I'm still enjoying it!   :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The only games that have posed much of a challenge for me are Demon Souls and Dark Souls. But I've ONLY just started playing them because I was too stupid to buy a PS3 back when it was in it's peak.

Then again I haven't played through any God of War game on hard difficulty so I may be in for a fight. That being said, these games are still great to play even with current gen systems.

AGHHHHHHHHHH!

The game has its difficult moments but it's not that hard. You just suck at it. Certain enemies are resistant to certain attacks, and vice versa. Learn their weaknesses and exploit them.

On a side note, why the fuck did you download a game this large, knowing it would take three days before you could play when you could have gone to GameStop and purchased it for $10, and played within an hour?

I suck at platforming and couldn't complete Sly 1

I- ugh...

H-how ca-ca-can you not complete Sly 1...................................

I cannot fathom this

Goodbye

62df0d1a189c069ff02340f32ff0cac5.gif

Edited by Aela
  • Like 1

I- ugh...

H-how ca-ca-can you not complete Sly 1...................................

I cannot fathom this

Goodbye

62df0d1a189c069ff02340f32ff0cac5.gif

Lol, I just remembered this quote. I think I was a bit off my head that day. I'm just not a fan of the sly series and never got pass world 2. I like Giana sisters and completed it, so I might have be bsing in that post. 

• 1 month later...

This comes to ps+ and i maybe wanna start it so is it really hard? I platted CoO and GoS and i gotta say that they were challenging because they were the first gow's i played but i platted CoO in a 2 days so not long but challenging.

It didn't take me long to platinum this one. Just use a guide so you know where you can get the get this many hits trophy.

This comes to ps+ and i maybe wanna start it so is it really hard? I platted CoO and GoS and i gotta say that they were challenging because they were the first gow's i played but i platted CoO in a 2 days so not long but challenging.

Not hard at all, you just have to survive the confusing moving stuff in the first chapter, the rest is just evade and hit, those PSP games are pretty close to the difficulty of Ascension so do not worry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...
On 4/20/2015 at 11:36 PM, Superbuu3 said:

Just dodge the games got a ridiculous number of invincible frames.

I'm playing through the game now and it's interesting you said this.  I was thinking the same thing, as I was in a battle that I lost several times, then I changed my strategy just slightly and it was like I couldn't be hit.  I was thinking the same thing, "invincible frames" for Kratos where he won't take any damage.

I pretty much spammed Jump + Triangle to do a ferris wheel like spin attack in the air and killed a group of enemies.  Takes a couple of hits of course, yet works on Hard Mode pretty easily.

On 6/3/2015 at 1:46 PM, Auto-Tomato said:

I just got around to playing this via Now...and all I have to say is it's atrocious.   Yeah, I went in on hard from the off, and I have no qualms about difficulty...but it's not skill that is the issue, I agree with some of the comments, I can't see what the hell is going on half the time, I'm swamped with enemies, cannon fodder enemies that is, that make me feel as if my weapons are made of candy floss (cotton candy I think), button responsiveness is awful (it's not lag), checkpoints are poor, can't skip cut scenes...it's a mess!

That said, I'm still enjoying it!   :lol:

I don't know if it's horrible, yet it is certainly difficult to see.  It's hard to keep track of where Kratos is on screen dependent on the level you are in, and the lighting being so bad in places like the Village of Kirra.  It's easy to lose track of him on screen and then start taking some hits from enemies.