Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
STAZtheOTAKU

Playing games after Platinum again?

79 posts in this topic

The Last of Us - both SP and MP, and i used to play Mortal Kombat a lot, but not anymore...

Edited by whyfire

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, Persona 4 Golden, and the Mass Effect Trilogy

All the Hatsune Miku Project Diva games on PS3, I've spent over 550+ hours on all five games, and their replayability never dies. :D

I don't typically return to a game after getting platinum unless it has DLC to finish up.

In terms of multiplayer, I still play Uncharted 3 (co-op modes), AC IV: Black Flag (primarily Wolfpack with friends) and Borderlands 2 (going to level myself up to level 61 eventually).

As for single-player, I've continued playing the Uncharted trilogy, AC II & Brotherhood, Red Dead Redemption, Metal Gear Solid 3, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Enslaved, and one or two other games.  Getting the platinum is no reason to stop playing a game, in my book.  If I enjoyed a game, then I'll most likely want to play it again someday.

Hmm interesting topic. Usually I do not return to games after I plat them....most aren't worth it. The few exceptions have been :

Bioshock 1,2 and infinite

Tales of Graces f, Xillia

NBA Jam OFE for multiplayer

I play a loooooooooot DmC and MGR. Are very funny and it is gratifying to polish skills. When I pulled both platinum second time in this account , I was already an expert lol

I played fallout 3 and new vegas after i platted them. Also dark souls 1, demon souls and dragons dogma.

Only one game thats not a RPG/Action-Adventure that kept me coming back over and over again and it was MAG, I put about 1,300 hours into that game.

However RPGs take my heart on this one. Especially if every playthrough can be drastically different from the one before.

Fallout New Vegas probably 5 or 6 full playthroughs and many more uncompleted playthroughs
Fallout 3 a little less than Fallout New Vegas 

Demon Souls I had about 4 or 5 playthroughs

Dark Souls 1 i did 4 playthroughs

Dragon Age Origins I think i did 4 playthroughs and a half

Dragons Dogma i did 3 playthroughs

Mass Effect 2 i did 3 playthroughs.

Dragon Age 2 i did 3 playthroughs.

Dark Souls 2 i did 3 playthroughs.

Now know whats funny is I hate added on multiplayer to what should be a single player only game with a passion...

Mass Effect 3 I only played till platinum and never touched again, the choices had no value or meaning to them like Mass Effect 1 or 2. Gotta put the blame on the multiplayer because of that.

I have plat FIFA 15, Minecraft and GTA 5 but I still play these games :)

Blur, Dirt 3 and Tokyo Jungle (I know, it doesn't have a platinum trophy but I 100% it :P)  are always really fun to play :D

I do not have many Platinum Trophies. It will strongly depend on the game. If it's good, I'll be back for more.

LittleBigPlanet is one game I keep on playing.

If a game has a multiplayer that I enjoy, I will always keep playing it, even if I already have 100% (examples: Uncharted 3, PvZ Garden Warfare, The Last of Us [Remastered]...). In terms of single-player, I usually don't go back if I already have all the respective trophies.

Edited by GoldenSurprise

As much as I'd want to revisit old platted games, I just have to keep pushing myself forward because I have a ridiculous backlog to conquer.

As many have also mentioned, I play Fallout 3 a lot and will for a long time coming. I tend to play it on another offline profile to earn the trophies again. It is my all time favourite game, excluding FF7

Of course, BRUH!

The Last of Us Multiplayer

FIFA 14

I have some Psx Classic games which I play pretty often despite I know I'm not getting any trophy from them.

Depends entirely on the game. Most RPGs I'm happy to revisit. Stuff like the Lego games... well, not the Harry Potter ones, at least. I've just got 100% on the first LHP, Years 1-4, and once you have everything for that it's not really worth playing them any more. They're that kind of game - once you have all the things you need to find and buy, there really isn't any more to do with them. Not like the FF games, Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age and the like, where there're so many different choices to explore you can take 200 hours of gameplay and get 100% and still not have seen or done everything.

Basically, if a game's designed to be all about the trophies and totally complete when they're found/achieved, it has a lot less replay value.

Quite apart from all that, I have so much in my Backloggery that I doubt I'll have time to replay games where I have 100%, if I decide to try to finish up everything I own!

When it comes to playing games I already got the platinum on, I tend to replay certain Call Of Duty's (Like Black Ops 2 Zombies) but that's about it.