question about plat

Tabciogaraj

I asked because on polish tutorial i see:

"for platinum in First Light, Second Son is required for challenges with character from Second Son."

If you have Second Son installed on your system with a save file then you can use Delsin in the challenge rooms. It isn't required though. All challenges can be completed using Fetch.

• Like 1

If you have Second Son installed on your system with a save file then you can use Delsin in the challenge rooms. It isn't required though. All challenges can be completed using Fetch.

Ah, well that explains why Delsin was mentioned in one of the challenges when I looked through them yesterday. I had been wondering about that too.

• 3 weeks later...

If I play with Delsin, will scores obtained with him add to the total needed for the Top of the Class :gold:? (That's the one you need to get 10,000,000 cumulative arena points.)

Or do they all need to be done with Fetch?

If I play with Delsin, will scores obtained with him add to the total needed for the Top of the Class :gold:? (That's the one you need to get 10,000,000 cumulative arena points.)

I am not sure. I had sold my copy of Second Son before First Light come out. I just know about using Delsin because when i clicked to use him it said I needed a save file from Second Son installed and when i tried to install the Second Son save it told mee I needed SS installed on my system. So long story short I didn't get to use Delsin for the Challenge rooms.

Hope someone can answer it for you.

I am not sure. I had sold my copy of Second Son before First Light come out. I just know about using Delsin because when i clicked to use him it said I needed a save file from Second Son installed and when i tried to install the Second Son save it told mee I needed SS installed on my system. So long story short I didn't get to use Delsin for the Challenge rooms.

Hope someone can answer it for you.

Thanks Bro. I would have asked the guide writer in the comments but he hasn't responded to the last few questions there. 

I might just give Delsin a go this evening and see if it does or not. Hopefully my save is still on the system even though I uninstalled the game... 

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If I understand how the scoring and stat tracking works in First Light, you can get the arena challenge trophies (Alpha Rescue, Alpha Survival, Beta Rescue, etc), as well as the 10,000,000 cumulative arena points, using Deslin.  I used Fetch the whole time so I can't actually confirm that it works this way, but the in game messaging I saw said it would work that way.

Note: as others have stated, you DO NOT need to have ever played Second Son to get the platinum in First Light, it just offers extra content (Delsin arenas) as a "thank you" for playing their other game.

i can with full confidence say first light is a stand alone with no requirement of having second son

yes if u have a save file with second son u can use delsin in the arenas and yes his scores go twards the trophies but like someone stated befre using him for the arenas makes them harder they was designed for fetch and her full on neon abilities and delsin only has afew sure he has the other abilities i his arsenal but they just feel clunky and slow in the arenas compared to fetch

my advice just use fetch try to unlock her missles ahead of just about anything else or ull regret it like i did my first try they are a life saver ad u actually can make the arenas near impossible if u ulock her abilities in a wrong way because she wont be well eough equipped for when they start mobbing and such

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Kinda unrelated, but I do wanna know how this game can be platted in under 10 seconds...

I remember this discussion when it happened. It's a result of the download glitch. There was a time when if you downloaded two games at once the system would get confused about which was which. If one was soundshapes which you can auto pop it would unlock all the trophies in the wrong game, in this case infamous first light, in a matter of seconds. It's the same reason why knack has a 12 second plat time

I remember this discussion when it happened. It's a result of the download glitch. There was a time when if you downloaded two games at once the system would get confused about which was which. If one was soundshapes which you can auto pop it would unlock all the trophies in the wrong game, in this case infamous first light, in a matter of seconds. It's the same reason why knack has a 12 second plat time

That's crazy. Massive error in coding I'm guessing.

That's crazy. Massive error in coding I'm guessing.

Yeah, I was pretty afraid that it'd happen to me as well as that would completely mess up my trophy list. That's why I never downloaded two games at the same time when this bug was still a thing :P.

In case the OP was still wondering...

- First Light is a standalone game, meaning Second Son isn't required.

- If you do have Second Son though, you can use your save file in the First Light Challenge Rooms area to earn trophies too. I personally used Fetch for everything though.