Demon's Souls trophy help

Woop982

I recently started working on Demon's Souls and i already got the platinum in 2 days. I literally have every item in the game that you need for the trophies. So, i figured i would post this topic to help people who are not as lucky as i was farming bladestone and all that other stuff. I can only help players that have the Atlus version since every version of the game has it's own server!

My PSN is Woop982. Oh and you can only play with me if you're around level 180. I'll leave this level calculator here too! https://mpql.net/tools/demons-souls/

So, if you missing any items for that final trophy, add me, send me a message about what you need and i'll help you and you can hook me up with a virtual hug or something.  :unsure:

Edited by Woop982

I recently started working on Demon's Souls and i already got the platinum in 2 days. I literally have every item in the game that you need for the trophies. So, i figured i would post this topic to help people who are not as lucky as i was farming bladestone and all that other stuff. I can only help players in the EU since every region has it's own server! I'm gonna try and remain active here helping players as long as the servers are up.

My PSN is Woop982. Oh and you can only play with me if you're around level 145. I'll leave this level calculator here too! https://mpql.net/tools/demons-souls/

So, if you missing any items for that final trophy, add me, send me a message about what you need and i'll help you and you can hook me up with a virtual hug or something.  :unsure:

Hi friend, I added you yesterday on psn.

Yeah, I accepted your friend request. I'll jump on Demon's Souls and invite you as soon as i see you online

I get off from work in 1 hour... its 4pm here in CR :(

I can try anytime on the weekened, want this really bad. Been farming like crazy, more hours spent than the US version...

Edited by Le_Marco

I might just be being really dense here, but isn't this game supposed to take like 100+ hours to plat? How'd you manage that in 2 days? :S

Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything. I only played it once, got very confused about 10 minutes in after dying and reappearing somewhere seemingly unrelated, with no clue as to where I was meant to go, and subsequently switched off. I was a bit over tired when I first tried it, and keep meaning to go back and make a proper go of it at some point!

Any tips for a new starter with some (likely unrealistic) hopes of scoring the plat?

• Like 1

I might just be being really dense here, but isn't this game supposed to take like 100+ hours to plat? How'd you manage that in 2 days? :S

For some people it takes 100 and for others it takes 10 or 15. The biggest problem in this game is pure bladestone. You might get it in 5 minutes, 5 hours or 5 years. 

If you're starting this game for the first time look everything up online and prepare to get frustrated. I platinumed Demon's Souls three times and the game still managed to piss me off.

Edited by Woop982

I can only help players that have the Atlus version since every version of the game has it's own server!

The "Atlus" version is the NA version, and this forum is for the EU version.

Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything. I only played it once, got very confused about 10 minutes in after dying and reappearing somewhere seemingly unrelated, with no clue as to where I was meant to go, and subsequently switched off. I was a bit over tired when I first tried it, and keep meaning to go back and make a proper go of it at some point!

Any tips for a new starter with some (likely unrealistic) hopes of scoring the plat?

I've got the plat before in 5 hours. It can be done in less than 2 and a half hours, probably less than 2 hours too, but I know I've helped someone get it in 2 and a half before. Most levels can be done in some few minutes each, and then you get the rest of the stuff from someone online etc, though you need to do some specific things in the game to obtain certain trophies like defeat old king, a primeval demon, and blue dragon. You also gotta rescue all mages, and learn all magic and miracles etc. Not that much more else to it.

Approximate time:

1-1: 10 mins

1-2: 5-10 mins

1-3: 10 mins

1-4: 5 mins

2-1: 5-10 mins

2-2: 3 mins

2-3: 3 mins

3-1: 10 mins

3-2: 10 mins

3-3: 3-5 mins

4-1: 5 mins

4-2: 5-10 mins

4-3: 3-5 mins

5-1: 5-10 mins

5-2: 5-10 mins

5-3: 3 mins

Nexus: 15 mins

Last boss: 3-5 mins

Total: 108-149 mins

This is a rough estimate and it includes all the extra side stuff required for plat if you get stuff from someone online, and it can probably be done in less than even the 108 minutes.

I recently started working on Demon's Souls and i already got the platinum in 2 days. I literally have every item in the game that you need for the trophies. So, i figured i would post this topic to help people who are not as lucky as i was farming bladestone and all that other stuff. I can only help players that have the Atlus version since every version of the game has it's own server!

My PSN is Woop982. Oh and you can only play with me if you're around level 180. I'll leave this level calculator here too! https://mpql.net/tools/demons-souls/

There already is a thread for helping others with Pure Bladestones for the EU version: https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/9228-pure-bladestone-aid/

It would be better if you worked together.

On all 3 versions, I received Pure Bladestone consistently on the 2 hour mark. It doesn't take that long if you just keep at it. If you just try a couple minutes each day, you're not likely to receive it and you're just wasting precious time.

Do you recall your gear and if you had a lot of luck? Also, did you tried on black phantom or the one below the stairs... 

Me and Le_Marco tried connecting and it didn't work. He even tried changing his vpn (virtual private network) and it still didn't work. So if your public network doesn't place you in EU it will not work.

Also this is completely wrong. I missed this when i first commented about how you actually have the NA version if you got the "Atlus" version.

What is correct is that there are 3 different versions of this game:

1. JP version, this is the first version, comes with larger manual that explains CT and WT etc. It also comes with an earlier build, at least the first version did, which allow you to play without any patches, which changes for example how WT works. Published by SCEJ.
  2. NA version, this is the second version, and was barely published, because SCEA didn't want to do it, so Atlus the release could have been much better. They wasn't exactly all that friendly with all of their fans etc. The manual is butchered and contains only like 1/3 or something of the pages. It also comes with a patch so the WT system works as it is more known to work. Published by Atlus.
  3. EU version, this is the third version, and was very much like the NA version, but early buyers got a Black Phantom edition, which contained a strategy guide, containing stuff that wasn't found in the NA manual, but was in JP manual etc. Published by Namco Bandai Games.

Depending on what version of the game you got, you can only connect to other people with the same game, and I'm pretty sure it's because they connect to different servers. This is most likely due to the change of different publishers for the different versions and this also lead to three stacking trophy lists.

In other words, VPN is useless for this, because what counts is the version of the game you got, not your IP.

Do you recall your gear and if you had a lot of luck? Also, did you tried on black phantom or the one below the stairs... 

• Pure Bladestone:

This is probably the most annoying stone to get, and it requires you to have PBWT and only drops from two Black Skeletons in the entire game with a very low drop rate, said to be around 0.5%.

• Recommended equipment:
      • R1: Weapon of your choice, maybe one that you can apply (Black) Turpentine to.
      • R2: Talisman (important)
      • L1: Shield
      • L2: Bow (important)
      • Spells: Evacuate (important), Ignite, Second Chance (not important)
    • How to:
      1. Must have PBWT in world 4, so get that and play offline so the servers won't affect your WT.
      2. Warp to 4-2 from Nexus, and run down to the room under and quickly shoot the reaper with your bow (1 or 2 hits to kill it)
      3. Run over to where the reaper was and drop down (to lose less health)
      4. Run up the stairs on the left side (left side of where you entered the room) and halfway up stop and hit the wall that is away from the room
      5. Prepare to fight the Black Skeleton at the end of the path (apply Turpentine to your weapon or use the spell Second Chance)
      6. Fight the Black Skeleton, it is very weak to fire. I recommend keeping a shield up and when it misses you or you see a chance to attack it, use the spell Ignite (1 or 2 hit to kill it).
      7. Pick up it's drop, and maybe if you're lucky it will drop Pure Bladestone, but if not either run off the cliff to suicide or use Evacuate to get back to Nexus and try it all over again.

From a guide I've written before... You can probably skip a couple of the stages, whatever fit you best, to make it as fast as possible. This is just written to make it as easy as possible.

I only increased the luck a tiny bit. According to the wikidot, luck doesn't increase the chance of rarer items dropping, only the chances of something dropping. So if something is dropping every time you kill him, you have no need to increase luck.

The way I farm it is to start at 4-2 in PBWT and run straight to the hidden door with the Black Skeleton. Don't even bother with the reaper, it's wasted time, I just make sure my fall damage has been lowered and I can drop straight from the beam without much health loss. I always wait for him to attack first so I can backstab him with ease (he will lunge at you and go right past you, leaving his behind vulnerable). If no Pure Bladestone, I suicide and repeat.

I think daggers are the most effective back-stab weapons, but I just use whatever, it only takes 2 or 3 shots in the initial play-through anyway and without much leveling. You don't really need any other gear, unless maybe a shield and if your weapon supports it, enhance it with fire.

Edited by Nuttro93

I only increased the luck a tiny bit. According to the wikidot, luck doesn't increase the chance of rarer items dropping, only the chances of something dropping. So if something is dropping every time you kill him, you have no need to increase luck.
The way I farm it is to start at 4-2 in PBWT and run straight to the hidden door with the Black Skeleton. I always wait for him to attack first so I can backstab him with ease (he will lunge at you and go right past you, leaving his behind vulnerable). If no Pure Bladestone, I suicide and repeat.
I think daggers are the most effective back-stab weapons, but I just use whatever, it only takes 2 or 3 shots in the initial play-through anyway and without much leveling. You don't really need any other gear, unless maybe a shield and if your weapon supports it, enhance it with fire.

That was the same exact spot I used to farm, but instead I used Firestorm. It instant killed him, and if i dint get the drop I needed, I would suicide and rinse and repeat. I farmed for about 5 hours and got nothing. Was fortunate to get it off someone on a youtube video who said he was handing them out to people who needed it.

That was the same exact spot I used to farm, but instead I used Firestorm. It instant killed him, and if i dint get the drop I needed, I would suicide and rinse and repeat. I farmed for about 5 hours and got nothing. Was fortunate to get it off someone on a youtube video who said he was handing them out to people who needed it.

Was the world PBWT? That helps.

Yes, my world was PBWT. If you need it I can drop one for you, or any other ore you might need.

Have you gotten all the rings already? If so, I'm missing  3 rings and I was wondering if I could borrow them from you so that I can get the plat :)

Yes, I collected everything on all 3 versions on my own. I've never really dropped items for others before, but you're probably too high of a level for me anyway. My character is level 50 (EU).

Edited by Nuttro93

Yes, I collected everything on all 3 versions on my own. I've never really dropped items for others before, but you're probably too high of a level for me anyway. My character is level 50 (EU).

Ah I see, well if you are willing to drop I can make a character and get it to level 50 in no time. The thing is I would need all the rings dropped then instead of the last 3 im missing. But if you are willing to help that would be amazing

Ah I see, well if you are willing to drop I can make a character and get it to level 50 in no time. The thing is I would need all the rings dropped then instead of the last 3 im missing. But if you are willing to help that would be amazing

You only need to be level 35 or 37 depending on who's summoning who. I guess I'll chuck you the rings if you want them..

• Like 1

Was the world PBWT? That helps.

Haha, it doesn't just "help", it's required. The problem is even then the drop chance is about 0.5%.

Raising luck or using the Sword of Searching won't increase this drop chance other than making it more likely the black phantom black skeleton drop something at all.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Well, isn't that nice of you. It didn't go too well now did it? The Atlus version is the North American version, so why is this forum for the EU version?

• Like 1