sould i buy the playstation 4 or not?

MynyUser

I would get a xbox m8 dont b8 dont w8 just get a xbox :P na jk I got my ps4 at launch and the only game i had was Knack...... i was worried about if i wasted my money but i was quickly proven wrong with great things like psn plus and the great exclusives and indies :) plus cant say no to a system who trophies all sync up :)  

How many games for the PS4 you really want to play? If you can't name at least 10 then maybe you should wait. There is quite a few games coming out for PS4 this year that won't be coming out on the PS3 as well.

i love Sony but seriously their defenses are not very good

people broke into their systems several times by now
there are alot of Internet connection problems
and more
why would anyone will pay for something like this?

If your not gonna pay a PS+ sub then i don't really see the point in getting a PS4 since you won't be able to play online.

1 maybe 2 games that i would buy for it....

i love Sony but seriously their defenses are not very good

people broke into their systems several times by now
there are alot of Internet connection problems
and more
why would anyone will pay for something like this?

1 maybe 2 games that i would buy for it....

Don't bother then, wait till better games come out for it then.

Wait for the inevitable PS4 Slim, which will likely be available or announced by the end of the year.  When it comes out, it'll be smaller, better and cheaper than the standard PS4, any problems that people had with PS4 will be long since sorted out for the Slim, and there will be more AAA titles released (Uncharted 4, MGSV:The Phantom Pain, Batman: Arkham Knight).  That's what I'm doing.  I can't afford to buy a PS4 at the moment anyway, and even if I could there just aren't enough games available for it just now to warrant buying it.  Plus I still have an extensive PS3 backlog that I'm currently working my way through.  Once that's been blitzed and the PS4 sees a price drop, then I'll look into buying it.

It's the best console for now and there's gonna be some great games coming out soon like Bloodborne and Uncharted 4. If you have 400 bucks you cannot go wrong with a PS4!

when you say great games coming out soon
​are you talking about more broken games like assassin's creed unity and the others.....
idk about you but i prefer games that actually works... 

Edited by MynyUser

I'm going to explain my own thought process about this, and the reasons I bought mine, rather than telling you whether or not you should get one.  I sometimes feel like that's more helpful than just saying "yes/no". :)

I originally preordered a PS4 the day it went up for sale, only to cancel it and wait until December 2014 get one. Reasoning: although I was certain this was the new gen console I was most interested in, I wanted to make sure I was getting it at a time where there were a number of games I was interested in already available. Although, despite saying the PS4 was the console I was most interested in, I actually ended up getting a Wii U in May 2014 and that was an amazing decision too (timed my purchase with the Mario Kart 8 release!). 

The reason I chose now to get a PS4 was the confirmation of a March 2015 release date for Final Fantasy Type-0. I was originally waiting for an FFXV or Kingdom Hearts 3 release date, but any FF title was enough to make me decide this was a good time to get one. FF games are the type that I'm not prepared to wait for. I also looked into other releases to see what else appealed to me. I ended up getting Samurai Warriors 4; Shadow Warrior; and  Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition with the console - and there are also other titles I'm still interested in e.g. Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme LegendsKillzone: Shadow Fall; The Evil Within; The Last of Us; and Watch Dogs.

I feel I made the right choice to get one now. I managed to get it in the colour I wanted (white) and only spent £300 on it thanks to a conveniently timed sale. I've only tried one of the games I have so far (Samurai Warriors 4), but I've over 70 hours clocked on it so far and I'm still loving it. Even for my experience with this one game alone so far it was an excellent decision. The timing of buying it also clashed well with PSX, meaning I got Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare free too! Although I've yet to actually properly play it. 

As for PS+, honestly, I'm not a fan of subscriptions either. In fact, I've never paid for a subscription to anything before. I tend to avoid games of any sort that need one. However, I made the decision to buy myself a twelve month subscription a couple of days before the January games went up - so I got to claim the December games too! My Wii U is what got me into more social gaming, and even though I use my PS3 just for single-player gaming I feel like I'll get so much more out of my PS4 with the online multiplayer option available. Before I even got my PS4 I got the PSN ID's of friends who own one too, and two of them I already play games on other platforms with, so I don't doubt we'll find something to play together! In fact, we've already thrown a couple titles around. 

The above is just my own experience. If you're uncertain currently, then maybe it's a good sign you need to look into it a bit more. Do you actually want one? It kind of implies you do if you're even asking this question. But is it a case of not wanting one at all, or is just the wrong time for you? Launch was the wrong time for me, hence cancelling my original preorder. But now was good: with the release a game from my favourite franchise; other games I was interested in; and some of my friends also owning a PS4 already. 

The better question is: do you know any games that you want to play on a PS4, now or in the near future?

Don't buy a console if you want it for the Last Guardian, since we all know how this is going.

My inner-fanboy wanted me to buy that console at launch. I was hesitant because of potential bugs, the price, not many games, ...

So eventually I didn't bother to buy or search for a good deal until there were many games that I wanted. More and more of these games got released and I didn't want their PS3 version (in some cases) if I was planning on a PS4 in the future.

Eventually there were too many games I wanted, I chose to buy one.

So I bought one last december.

Buying a console for mainly one game which wouldn't be fully playable, without subscription. Seems like a no-brainer to me... Don't do it.

Wait till Christmas next year, see if more games are out that you'd like by then, and possibly the console will have dropped in price as well.

Wait for the inevitable PS4 Slim, which will likely be available or announced by the end of the year.  When it comes out, it'll be smaller, better and cheaper than the standard PS4, any problems that people had with PS4 will be long since sorted out for the Slim, and there will be more AAA titles released (Uncharted 4, MGSV:The Phantom Pain, Batman: Arkham Knight).  That's what I'm doing.  I can't afford to buy a PS4 at the moment anyway, and even if I could there just aren't enough games available for it just now to warrant buying it.  Plus I still have an extensive PS3 backlog that I'm currently working my way through.  Once that's been blitzed and the PS4 sees a price drop, then I'll look into buying it.

Although I bought a PS4 on day one,the advice above is spot on. I wish I had done this.

Why is it that whenever someone mentions about whether or not they should buy a PS4, somebody else bring up PS+ and that "online/multi play is the way to go"? Not to make any enemies on here or anything, but it sounds as if the PS4 is only to be used to play online. Why can't someone just use it to play single player games as well?

Edited by GarciaFever

Why is it that whenever someone mentions about whether or not they should buy a PS4, somebody else bring up PS+ and that "online/multi play is the way to go"? Not to make any enemies on here or anything, but it sounds as if the PS4 is only to be used to play online. Why can't someone just use it to play single player games as well?

Agreed, I have only played single player games on the PS4 up to now. It's worth having PS+ either way. You get 2 free games each month on the PS4. Along with loads of content for the PS3 / Vita. You'll be loaded with games.

• Like 1

I recommend a Ps4 100%. It's an amazing system. I just wish they would implement notifications on when a friend logs in -.-

I've had mine since December 2013 and I have very rarely used my system for online use :) so you can still largely use it offline. Only thing that I can see what your concern would be trophy list is online only (which I don't like very much) and got to be sure to set your system as primary so you can play your digital games when you turn your ps4 on while having no network