Friday the 13th The Video Game Announced

DarknessKey92

._. Wwwwhat?...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/friday-the-13th-the-video-game-announced/1100-6424576/

2778255-5379734843-FRIDA.jpg

“We have some exciting new ideas for a game that supplies plenty of replay value, while delivering the kinds of thrills and scares that fans of the franchise have come to expect.”

-  Sean S. Cunningham

According to EGM:

The game tentatively titled "Friday the 13th", will be an asymmetrical cooperative and competitive multiplayer experience; where a small group of survivors will face off against a single player, who takes on the roll of the iconic slasher antagonist.

Crystal Lake Entertainment didn't say who is developing the game, but Cunningham said that it's an experienced game studio. The game scheduled for release this year.

Edited by DarknessKey92

I'd give it a chance, the old game still has its charm (and I watched AVGN review it)

Heehee ^_^- That review is in my top 5 fav of all time AVGN Reviews!

The old FT13 game used to scare me as a Lil Girl I kep't getting lost in the woods and hated hearing the scream when you got caught-gave me nightmares all the time.

That game and the Maze Lvl in Zombies Ate My Neighbors-Lol being chased by Jason ripoffs is just as scary lol.

Edited by Rainbow Dash

Heehee ^_^- That review is in my top 5 fav of all time AVGN Reviews!

The old FT13 game used to scare me as a Lil Girl I kep't getting lost in the woods and hated hearing the scream when you got caught-gave me nightmares all the time.

That game and the Maze Lvl in Zombies Ate My Neighbors-Lol being chased by Jason ripoffs is just as scary lol.

Yep, I still love AVGN and I've never actually played Zombies Ate My Neighbors.. or maybe I did but I was too young to remember. :|

Sounds like Evolve

That's what I was thinking. I like the idea, so hopefully it's done right. It's based off a horror movie though, so it can go wrong. However since Alien: Isolation maybe other devs will take inspiration from that on what to do with horror movie based games.

If done right.... man, I'd have so much fun stalking assholes in mp. I hope we can pick up random objects and kill people with them like Jason can... if so, I can see myself playing this online for quite some time.... but, since we have very little info on the game... I'll keep my hype to a minimum. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

When are we going to get some new info on this? Screenshots, gameplay footage, box art or something?!

They've been posting updates on their kickstarter page every few weeks. Posted alfa footage last month that looked pretty cool, but mostly concept art and overviews for the vids.