Friday the 13th The Video Game Announced

DarknessKey92

If you pre-order them in the site for Friday the 13th: The Game, says your delivery will be reaching you in October this year. That's the expected delivery, anyways. $30 if you get it digitally, $60 if physically.

i assume you dont have to preorder? as much as id love to have this for halloween i sadly cant get it till around thanksgiving

i assume you dont have to preorder? as much as id love to have this for halloween i sadly cant get it till around thanksgiving

Nah, you don't. I don't think the game will now come out in October, but the developers still keep affirming that the game will release in 2016. So if not October, should release in either November most likely, or December. I won't mind if it gets delayed, but the developers keep insisting that the game will release during the Fall this year. Hopefully that's the case. I'd love to get for Halloween of course, but as long as it manages to release this year, I'm good.

• Like 1

Nah, you don't. I don't think the game will now come out in October, but the developers still keep affirming that the game will release in 2016. So if not October, should release in either November most likely, or December. I won't mind if it gets delayed, but the developers keep insisting that the game will release during the Fall this year. Hopefully that's the case. I'd love to get for Halloween of course, but as long as it manages to release this year, I'm good.

right on. I deff want the physical copy but i got a convention i need to go to first but this game is high on my wants list. I'm just not a huge fan of preordering and since this is a kickstarter game i wasnt sure if the only way to get the game was to preorder.

right on. I deff want the physical copy but i got a convention i need to go to first but this game is high on my wants list. I'm just not a huge fan of preordering and since this is a kickstarter game i wasnt sure if the only way to get the game was to preorder.

I think I saw the developers also state that like you can just go to someplace like Gamestop and get the game physically? I'm sure that was the case. On their Facebook page, I saw a good amount of people asking if they can only get the game physically via the Kickstarter, pre-ordering, etc. But I saw the admin of the page replied to them, saying you can still get the game physically even after it releases, I think. Digital ver. is cheaper, while psychically it's your standard $60 I guess. I prefer it that way, as well to support the game, since I didn't manage to fund the Kickstarter. Dunno if I'll be able to get it at launch, as I'm saving money for Resident Evil 7. Hopefully I'll be able to get it this year, if it does come out as it's intended to.

I think I saw the developers also state that like you can just go to someplace like Gamestop and get the game physically? I'm sure that was the case. On their Facebook page, I saw a good amount of people asking if they can only get the game physically via the Kickstarter, pre-ordering, etc. But I saw the admin of the page replied to them, saying you can still get the game physically even after it releases, I think. Digital ver. is cheaper, while psychically it's your standard $60 I guess. I prefer it that way, as well to support the game, since I didn't manage to fund the Kickstarter. Dunno if I'll be able to get it at launch, as I'm saving money for Resident Evil 7. Hopefully I'll be able to get it this year, if it does come out as it's intended to.

Now i can tell you 100% gamestop wont have or carry the game :/ I called a few local ones and they al said that since its a kickstarter game and wont go though the ESRB that they wont carry or accept used copies of it. The digital is cheaper by half 

Now i can tell you 100% gamestop wont have or carry the game :/ I called a few local ones and they al said that since its a kickstarter game and wont go though the ESRB that they wont carry or accept used copies of it. The digital is cheaper by half 

Huh. Not even pre-order there. Then maybe the developers were referencing to other sorts of local stores. They said you could go and pick up the games. Well, I'll go look into this later, cause if that's the case, I'll make sure to reserve a copy. I assumed what you just confirmed at first, but then I got confused because the developers said you could grab the physically copies that way. Yeah, I'll see if anything's been updated about how the game will be upgraded, and whatsuch. I planned to grab my copy from online anyways, but still, that sucks.

Huh. Not even pre-order there. Then maybe the developers were referencing to other sorts of local stores. They said you could go and pick up the games. Well, I'll go look into this later, cause if that's the case, I'll make sure to reserve a copy. I assumed what you just confirmed at first, but then I got confused because the developers said you could grab the physically copies that way. Yeah, I'll see if anything's been updated about how the game will be upgraded, and whatsuch. I planned to grab my copy from online anyways, but still, that sucks.

well let me know what you find out :) last thing i want is to miss out on this lol

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so upset it was delayed

Saw it coming as they weren't giving a solid release

Id rather not have had single player and the delay

It'll just be bots at the end of the day

They could have released the game and added the stuff that caused the delay in a big patch which would have got them huge kudos for "meaningful extra content"

I'm so upset it was delayed

Yep, I just heard about this via Facebook. I was soooooooo ready for this. Goddamn it!! I mean this game is going to be primarily an online multiplayer game anyways, so can't they just make this single player mode an optional add on from the PS store? No. Instead we have to wait even longer for a single player mode no one will care that much about. 

Yep, I just heard about this via Facebook. I was soooooooo ready for this. Goddamn it!! I mean this game is going to be primarily an online multiplayer game anyways, so can't they just make this single player mode an optional add on from the PS store? No. Instead we have to wait even longer for a single player mode no one will care that much about. 

I care about it. That means a year later I can still play the game and not worry about a dead community. I helped with Kickstarter, I don't care that it got delayed. If it's 2018 and the game still isn't out, then I'll care, but that hasn't happened yet. They also do so many damn updates on Twitter and Facebook that you know the game will be coming.

• Like 2

Single Player added

Tommy Jarvis added

bad news: wont be here till spring 2017

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/13/friday-the-13th-game-adds-single-player-will-be-delayed

Single player added? Okay, now I am onboard with this game for sure.  I'm not worried that it's now been delayed.  Guess they need to have these implemented and worked on.

I care about it. That means a year later I can still play the game and not worry about a dead community. 

For me it's that I'm just not into MP games, so the news of SP has me more excited for it. You make a damn good point, though.

According to that IGN article MP will release first with SP later on so hopefully that means SP will be more than just a game mode tacked on to a MP game.

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

new gameplay footage

86f7db13a22c92ad18b3effa9a964acc2b287c69

Edited by marvelboy10
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Caesar Clown said:

So is it alright to post codes for the closed beta on Steam here?

I don't know but i guess who wants them could just Private message you and you give it there i find it more fair then leave here to everybody and maybe somebody doesn't really care for the game ;)