1000 Coin Strategy Guide

TsubakiCalamity

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Just got my 1000 coin trophy and still shaking from it.

I followed a similar strategy when I finally got the trophy. In spite of all the strategy though, I think the best piece of advice I can give is DON'T BE GREEDY! Just hang out on one side as described above and only make your move after clearing with a "WOAH" block. Sometimes it will take too long but if you just keep the area clear directly next to you and focusing on killing the UFOs your time will eventually come.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On August 2, 2016 at 6:36 PM, DeadStanley said:

Just got my 1000 coin trophy and still shaking from it.

I followed a similar strategy when I finally got the trophy. In spite of all the strategy though, I think the best piece of advice I can give is DON'T BE GREEDY! Just hang out on one side as described above and only make your move after clearing with a "WOAH" block. Sometimes it will take too long but if you just keep the area clear directly next to you and focusing on killing the UFOs your time will eventually come.

I know its old but what mode is best? I played both. On deluxe I got 5.86 and classic 5.97 but eventually 3 or 4 ufos spawn at the same time and the Woah Block always spawns on enemy side. Its annoying as I cant do anything when it happens. I can get 400 to 500 consistently but after I die.

On 3/4/2017 at 5:38 PM, lilpain97 said:

I know its old but what mode is best? I played both. On deluxe I got 5.86 and classic 5.97 but eventually 3 or 4 ufos spawn at the same time and the Woah Block always spawns on enemy side. Its annoying as I cant do anything when it happens. I can get 400 to 500 consistently but after I die.

If I remember correctly I think that classic mode is what you want play on. It's frustrating because it is slow to start, but deluxe mode is just too difficult to handle, though I'm sure it's not impossible.

17 hours ago, DeadStanley said:

If I remember correctly I think that classic mode is what you want play on. It's frustrating because it is slow to start, but deluxe mode is just too difficult to handle, though I'm sure it's not impossible.

Thanks for the reply. I get further in deluxe because the boss every 200 coins gives you a break and a guaranteed Dave block, I got 7.42 on deluxe but died being greedy :/ 

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, rosst-canada said:

So is this trophy in one go or cumulative over multiple runs? The former seems insane, though the latter would be something I wouldn't mind chipping away at over a period of time. I like this game but I'm not looking to go pro or anything1f602.png

It's in one go. Pretty tough trophy.

• 1 year later...

My single best tip is to keep at least one platform from being lowered by the UFOs.

I just did a run recently where I managed to get over 300 pennies (coins) before one of the UFOs destroyed the left platform. This game gets a lot more difficult and hectic if both platforms are destroyed. Things get a bit harder with one of the platforms destroyed but if you can managed to keep one of them up for most of your run then you have a pretty good shot at getting to 1000 coins.

Probably a good idea to follow this video.

Watch the run he does from 41:58 to roughly 58:20 into the video. He gets 985 pennies (coins) in this run and this is definitely pretty good. You have to be quick in this game, my main problem is I'm often not fast enough to get all the eggs and skulls on one of the platforms before I die due to the aliens hatching out of the eggs.

It's very difficult, but far from impossible. For now I'm definitely taking a break from this game.

Edited by Spaz

• 1 month later...

I gave this game another go last night and managed to go 4.17$ on my first try on Bonkers mode, prior to this I only had played normal (pre-patch) mode, which makes me think 1,000$ isn't that hard.

Sure speed is key, but you also have to get lucky enough to keep both platforms up. Which is why Bonkers helps since you get those Dave Blocks after the boss. 

Owell, maybe someday...

• 1 year later...