Who else got surprised?

I mean sure, it's another free-to-play match-three game... but I actually think they did really good with this! It completely fits the Fat Princess world with the way the battles are set up, and it's not that punishing of a free-to-play. I mean, I've seen worse stamina recharge than this, and it's not like the game is forcing you to buy anything at all.

The fact that you can get a free copy of Fat Princess within a few levels is also really something.

• Like 4

Haven't tried it yet, glad to hear its decent enough. That free copy of fat princess for playing is really cool of them though.

It really is. People have already earned it on the iOS and Android devices, for free, so it's not like they're really going to choke you for money.

As soon as i saw the overpriced Microtransactions i was immediately too turned off to even try the game.

I'll agree that they're overpriced. $20 is what's required to get rid of the stamina system and play unlimited (if you get the individual packs and work it out, at least), and I can find games of this caliber for much, much less than that. However, the fact is, it's still free, and what's free is completely playable and I think it works.

This is irrelevent to the topic. But darn. Nice sly tribute. Was planning on naming my account CooperTrooper.. but didnt because reasons.

Thanks :P I've been using "SlyCooperFan1" for 9, 10 years now. Someone already had it by the time I got a PS3, so I had to stick with 100 instead of 1. xD
  • Like 3

Hi I have completed the game on IOS and i liked it a lot. The microtransactions arn't bad and the energy is 6 games and can will more energy at the end of a game, I also completely upgraded my characters and completed all change levels. If balanced the same as the IOS game then all trophies are eaisly acheviable with a little grinding and no microtransactions, EXCEPT the 50 revives I probably had 4 or 5 by the end, be warned if you only play games you can 100% then this might not be for you. Everyone else i can reccomend you try it is a fun game and does not cost you anything so give it a go.

Edited by theindieboy

Hi I have completed the game on IOS and i liked it a lot. The microtransactions arn't bad and the energy is 10 games and can will more energy at the end of a game, I also completely upgraded my characters and completed all change levels. If balanced the same as the IOS game then all trophies are eaisly acheviable with a little grinding and no microtransactions, EXCEPT the 50 revives I probably had 4 or 5 by the end, be warned if you only play games you can 100% then this might not be for you. Everyone else i can reccomend you try it is a fun game and does not cost you anything so give it a go.

Looking at the trophy list, how many hours would you say it would take without any micro-transactions? And why would transactions be suggested for 50 revives? What would be the overall difficulty?

Nuttro93, will look and see if there is a playtime stat on the ios game very difficult to tell but would say about 3-4 weeks of play if you play 3 times a day like i tend too, eg morning lunch evening but aslong a you leave a 3 hours between play sessions could fit in more, but fortantely you get a good session with this game unlike others usually get 11 games in either win an energy or takes more than  15 mins, total time if to guess 10 hours. Revives is a different matter currency in the game is either Diamonds (readily avaliable and easy to grind use a gate or tower and don't complete the object untill things get hairy and can get 100 or more from a level easy), they can be used for upgrading your character and pretty smooth progression this was occationally have to grind a few previous levels to upgrade to move on but not excessive. Then there is gold this is either bought for real money or won on the slot machine at the end of each game, on IOS this was rare as fuck, highly reccomend you save the gold you get at the begining till later i wasted mine, gold can be used to upgrade characters (don't do it if going for the throphies trust me), save yourself if you lose a level (only use if you are really really struggling with chanallenge 10 don't reccomend otherwise grind a upgrade or 2 instead) or buy consumables like revives. You can also win powerups from the slot machine which in my experience were rarer than gold, and diamonds which you will win 90% of the time 8% engery and 1% gold 1% powerup. Hence getting 50 revives to use will be difficult and invlove buying them with gold most likely. This is all based on the ios version there may be different % wins on vita, you also get a few free revives when it 1st unlocks (DONT USE THEM TILL LATER, is a waste early on). Anyway hope that helps once i get the game later will update with if i think balancing has changed.

Thanks for the in-depth response. I'm not sure if this is what you're saying, but are you suggesting you that to play another match you either win the option, buy and/or wait 15 minutes? If so, can I advance the system time 15 minutes on the device to play more?

Thanks for the in-depth response. I'm not sure if this is what you're saying, but are you suggesting you that to play another match you either win the option, buy and/or wait 15 minutes? If so, can I advance the system time 15 minutes on the device to play more?

On IOS you have a limit of 6 energy (ie 6 games) once you use all of that then you have to wait 15 mins for it to recharge 1 energy or 90 mins eg 1 1/2 hours to recharge all, it is unclear if you can forward the clock does connect online and effects the prizes you win so if you can then reccomend playing online (again based on IOS will validate later if exactly the same for vita).  But you can always get a good session in with that 6 energy unless you are trying a level you are no where near ready for or a super easy early one (ie games don't last long). Just play 2-4 times a day at different times if you can would be my recommendation if doing 4 would be more like 1 - 1 1/2 weeks, depends on skill and finding the right level at the time to grind diamonds  (be careful of emenys upgrading when you do this as will is you stay in a section too long making it hard for later levels). Hey its fun and a good got 10 mins game, or play while watching TV etc.  

Edited by theindieboy

FYI just started playing it on vita seems unchanged but not got the slot machines too many times yet, while the 6 engery goes fast in the early levels, later levels can last around 5-10 mins so no where near as fast to run out later.  Ps have correct my stating of 10 energy jsut check and is 6 engery on both, but kind of highlights how this is not No heroes allowed.

Looking at the trophy list, how many hours would you say it would take without any micro-transactions? And why would transactions be suggested for 50 revives? What would be the overall difficulty?

I would guess based on what I've played, if you were perfect on all the stages and challenge rounds you would need a minimum of 20 real time hours (65 stages - 5 stamina you start with divided by 20 minutes per stamina recharge).

However, I don't know how long it would take to get 555 match 5's (which to me seems like it would be the biggest grind).  At the rate I'm going, I would think you should have most of the other trophies by the end of level 55 (and the 10 challenge rounds)

My biggest irritant with the game is it doesn't show your stats, so I can't give a really good estimate.  Conservatively, I'm thinking it's probably 40 real time hours for 100% trophies, and maybe 10-15 game hours or less if you remove the stamina barrier and get the double damage boost while you're at it.

EDIT:  I forgot to mention though that it is a good game.  I like the fact that you aren't limited by time to find a match so you can really plan out your moves.  The free copy of Fat Princess is a bonus too.

EDIT 2: Wow, shit gets real after level 15.  I'm thinking if you aren't going to pay, then you either need to be really lucky or grind your character levels out to continue.  I cannot beat the boss on level 21 (the dark bishop) with my guys at level 3.  This is looking to be more of a 60-80 hour 100%

Edited by cycoivan

Apologies if this is a stupid question but how do you unlock the original game?

You have to link the game to Facebook, which can be done the first time you connect to PSN while in the game.  You then have to make it past level 15 (which is fairly easy and will take about 2 hours).  After that you get a voucher code for Fat Princess which you can use in the PS3 store.

• Like 2

Yep I got 30 Gold for level 15 (in the eu) but did get the voucher from the IOS version and own the game anyway. If you want fat princess and have a ios or andriod device just download on there and get to level 15 and carry on with the trophies on vita.

GOOD NEWS

I made a mistake the revive 50 heros can be done without the revive powerup. Instead this can be done by matching tiles of the colour of fallen heroes or matching hearts so not bad at all I have the award for over 100 revives on ipad so easy sailing. The only award I don't have is 555 match 5

• Like 1