Garden Warfare Impressions

Very nice write up. You covered every thing nicely.

I was in the same boat. I have been interested in the game since it was released. I never got around to purchasing it and all most did when it was on sale. I didn't because I was skeptical about a online only game. When Sony/EA announced it was going to be free during the Playstation Experience event I jumped all over it like white on rice. I do not regret it as it was a very fun and addicting game to play.

Garden and Graveyards was my favorite mode also.

• Like 1

It's really a great and entertaining game! Balanced as long as half of the plants are not Chompers and half the zombies are not All-Stars. I prefer the classic game modes with the basic classes and weapons. Not too hard of a plat and really an entertaining game from beginning to the plat! I have played it a lot less after platting it but I'm definately getting back to it.

• Like 1

Very nice write up. You covered every thing nicely.

I was in the same boat. I have been interested in the game since it was released. I never got around to purchasing it and all most did when it was on sale. I didn't because I was skeptical about a online only game. When Sony/EA announced it was going to be free during the Playstation Experience event I jumped all over it like white on rice. I do not regret it as it was a very fun and addicting game to play.

Garden and Graveyards was my favorite mode also.

Thanks I actually enjoyed writing about it which was surprising, I hope they release some new dlc in the the next few months, maybe some new bosses for Garden Op's and a new map or 2 to keep things fresh. It really is a great game that I know a few people didn't even download when it was free which is scandalous! lol

• Like 1

Thanks I actually enjoyed writing about it which was surprising, I hope they release some new dlc in the the next few months, maybe some new bosses for Garden Op's and a new map or 2 to keep things fresh. It really is a great game that I know a few people didn't even download when it was free which is scandalous! lol

I'd like to see some DLC myself.

It is scandalous not downloading it when it was free. Most of the time when the plus games come out each month I at least add them to my download list. Some I may never get to but at least I have it if I want to.

• Like 1

This game should come with a "WARNING: HIGHLY ADDICTIVE" sticker. I've sunk nearly 50 hours into the game after the Plat to unlock all sub-classes and customisation parts.

If there is one criticism it's that the game needs a Graveyard Ops mode, or similar. Plants can play solo & co-op, Zombies can't. As much fun as the MP is, I'd like to play Zombies with my 5 y/o son in Split-screen in a mode where he's not getting blown away every few seconds.

By the way, the default classes are powerful enough to be competitive, in particular the Cactus, Foot Soldier and All-Star, which are arguably better than the sub-classes. Peashooter, Sunflower, Chomper, Engineer and Scientist all have better sub-classes, but the default classes can do the job.

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 2

i would love a new dlc maps / modes. I still need a defused bomb with 3 seconds left for the 100% :shakefist:

I resigned myself to not getting it, one minute later I had it lol.

Best thing to do is wait and try and see where your opponents are and try and take them out first rather than just rushing in then take out as many as you can and then rush in and try and defuse the bomb from an angle where you are facing the direction you think the enemies will come from and then hope for the best. If you have killed quite a few enemies it normally takes them about 10 seconds or so to get across from one side of the map to the other in my experience so you should be good.

• 4 weeks later...

Got this for free from EA, don't really recall why it was free lol

I put in plenty of hours before getting a bit tired of it, I would most definitely be on it a lot more if they did earn double coin events though. I still think the amount of work put in towards Gardens and Graveyards + the coop mode rewarded way too little coins

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...