Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lady Lilith

Transferring data from 3DS to New 3DS XL?

6 posts in this topic

I ordered one of those Majora's Mask New 3DS XLs, and I'm wondering how I can easily transfer all my games and save data.  My eshop connection also doesn't work as of yet for some unknown reason.  Is this possible without an eShop connection, and is it easy enough to follow?

Figured other people who have the same concern (at least transferring)

I ordered one of those Majora's Mask New 3DS XLs, and I'm wondering how I can easily transfer all my games and save data.  My eshop connection also doesn't work as of yet for some unknown reason.  Is this possible without an eShop connection, and is it easy enough to follow?

Is the console out yet?

I don't think Nintendo has said anything about that yet, but they did say that steps to transfer the data would be revealed soon, most likely before the console's release. I was wondering that, too, since they're now using micro SD cards.

Probably just going to use the same device transfer utility they've used in the past.

Time will tell. However, if it is the same, then you merely require a WiFi connection.

As for the SD Card content, you can literally drag/drop contents using a computer. 

The "new" 3DS uses the same OS as the original, so it'll be identical to the way it's done now.