Dark_Tooth69

Super Street Fighter 4 Trials Advice/Help

34 posts in this topic

I forgot to say thank you all!

I got the plat some months ago and the couple of advices I got from here definitely helped a lot.

You guys are awesome, and I'll probably be joining the "advisor team" for this and a couple other plats xD

Thanks again.

Cheers.

I forgot to say thank you all!

I got the plat some months ago and the couple of advices I got from here definitely helped a lot.

You guys are awesome, and I'll probably be joining the "advisor team" for this and a couple other plats xD

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Nice work man

one of my favorite games lol. loved the challenges

Edited by meyerpark

The guy offered his apologies and understood the situation at hand. There's no need for this comment anymore.

But because I don't want this to appear as a spam, here's a link to VesperArcades Combo vids to make your life at trials easier:

From my personal opinion, If you use a Ps3 controller, always use D-Pad instead of Joystick. It's much easier to dominate.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

The guy offered his apologies and understood the situation at hand. There's no need for this comment anymore.

But because I don't want this to appear as a spam, here's a link to VesperArcades Combo vids to make your life at trials easier:

From my personal opinion, If you use a Ps3 controller, always use D-Pad instead of Joystick. It's much easier to dominate.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/super-street-fighter-iv/158873-super-street-fighter-4-trials-d-pad-tutorials.html

;)

I never added that on here...Shame on me as it's exactly what I used to best the trials. I thought it was easy to find though.

Imo those are better for the those less experienced ones and newcomers. Vesperarcade is more of a pro on challenges

I find this game to have the most issues with 'connecting'. SF3 was some quick trial and error that took the better part of an evening, but this makes you slave away at it -_-

Jealous of my friend who had his entire trials done for him by a buddy xD

I have started the game way back in 2015 but came back to it just recently to knock out the time consuming trophies like doing all trials. So far, I've only completed all 24 trials of 4 character's but I started a lot of the other character's trials and made some good progress while also playing through Arcade mode on hardest (17 chars so far) and C-ranking (11 chars). So I will come back to trial mode later and concentrate on it when the other stuff is finished. 

My advice for newcomers is: If you really struggle with the harder trials from number 13 to 24 and especially the last ones, you can use the so called Pause trick to jump from frame to frame and inputting your next button or command while the game is paused. When you unpause, this will be registered by the game and effectively processed. Try it with a simple command as the Hadoken: Press down, pause, hold down right, unpause, pause again, hold right AND punch button, unpause, Hadoken comes out. Alternatively you can hold right and pause again and then only hold the punch button - when you unpause Hadoken comes out as well. This also works with charge moves (when you pause and unpause several times and always hold back, it will keep registered), I've done it on several occasions succesfully with Chun Lis first 16 trials which involved the nasty cancel into a charge move like Chun Lis Spinning Whirlwind Kick. You can also use the turbo function of the Mad Catz or Hori fightpads or any arcade stick to bring out the button mashing moves on spot like Hondas EX HHS (I have the Mad Catz Street Fighter IV fightpad and despite the many critics, I think its a good pad and its fastest turbo mode is enough for Hondas HHS to be canceled into). At first I had to get used to pausing the game so much but it definitely works well for the harder combos! You have to practice it a little bit. The whole thing is explained here in detail:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/943712-street-fighter-iv/48504304 

Still you have to know your timing and you should absolutely know the basics like the difference between linking (waiting for a move to end, then quickly input the next move) and canceling (inputting while a move is performed to effectively cancel it into another before the 1st move is finished). You should also know what a FADC is and how to pull it off fast (again pausing helps). All move chains are perfectly explained in this great FAQ:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/975212-super-street-fighter-iv/faqs/59976

Additionally you can watch the youtube videos of a guy named "VesperArcade" who not only does all the trials but also shows his hand movements in a small window in the bottom of his videos. If you have problems with the correct timing of a move, like when Dan is in the air and you need to FADC and pull of an Ultra, you can pause this guy's videos as well to compare when he inputs something and where Dan is at the same time.

To tell you the truth: The pause trick is a great help but even so, the harder trials are no cakewalk. Especially 1 frame links are hard to pull off. Sometimes its necessary to unpause, then press the button (e.g. d.LP/LK) and immediately press pause again before the move actually hits. You have to be so fast for some trials, like when you cancel Hondas EX HHS from a crouching hit. But don't give up, stay persistent! Sometimes it requires more tries! As long as you keep at it, you'll get it done eventually!

P.S.: One last thing, please don't come with arguments that this method and the turbo function are lame and require no skill. Might be, but we are on a trophy boosting site here and the game gives you this "legit" opportunity to do it so everyone who is not OK with it save us the complaints! 

EDIT 3rd april 2017: Using the above described method with a Mad Catz SFIV fightpad I finally managed to finish all character's trials! Good luck to everyone else!

1NuyeR1h.jpgDgR0pb3h.jpg

Edited by AiKmAn_MZ