Super Street Fighter 4 Trials Advice/Help

Dark_Tooth69

I forgot to say thank you all!

I got the plat some months ago and the couple of advices I got from here definitely helped a lot.

You guys are awesome, and I'll probably be joining the "advisor team" for this and a couple other plats xD

Thanks again.

Cheers.

I forgot to say thank you all!

I got the plat some months ago and the couple of advices I got from here definitely helped a lot.

You guys are awesome, and I'll probably be joining the "advisor team" for this and a couple other plats xD

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Nice work man

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

The guy offered his apologies and understood the situation at hand. There's no need for this comment anymore.

But because I don't want this to appear as a spam, here's a link to VesperArcades Combo vids to make your life at trials easier:

From my personal opinion, If you use a Ps3 controller, always use D-Pad instead of Joystick. It's much easier to dominate.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

• 3 weeks later...

The guy offered his apologies and understood the situation at hand. There's no need for this comment anymore.

But because I don't want this to appear as a spam, here's a link to VesperArcades Combo vids to make your life at trials easier:

From my personal opinion, If you use a Ps3 controller, always use D-Pad instead of Joystick. It's much easier to dominate.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/super-street-fighter-iv/158873-super-street-fighter-4-trials-d-pad-tutorials.html

;)

I never added that on here...Shame on me as it's exactly what I used to best the trials. I thought it was easy to find though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Hey guys, got a question about Balrog's trial 19. Is there a certain trick to making Crazy Buffalo connect with the falling Dan or is it really just a timing thing? Can't seem to be able to hit Dan no matter how fast or slow I am so far. So I was wondering if I didn't find the proper frame yet or if there's also a mechanic that I'm not seeing. Feedback would be greatly appreciated as always.^^

21 minutes ago, Ivotas said:

Hey guys, got a question about Balrog's trial 19. Is there a certain trick to making Crazy Buffalo connect with the falling Dan or is it really just a timing thing? Can't seem to be able to hit Dan no matter how fast or slow I am so far. So I was wondering if I didn't find the proper frame yet or if there's also a mechanic that I'm not seeing. Feedback would be greatly appreciated as always.^^

You have to do the kick variant, that one makes balrog to do uppercuts instead of straights :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Copanele said:

You have to do the kick variant, that one makes balrog to do uppercuts instead of straights :D 

I see. But how do I do that? I've tried using all variations with of kick or punch buttons but it's always straight punches coming out. How do I make it an uppercut?

3 minutes ago, Ivotas said:

I see. But how do I do that? I've tried using all variations with of kick or punch buttons but it's always straight punches coming out. How do I make it an uppercut?

If my memory serves me right(I hope), what I did was charge the buffalo head with down-back, then input it with down-up (so I won't lose the charge) then the moment i landed i quickly did the crazy buffalo + any kick. Normally Balrog starts with an uppercut instead of a straight punch. 

It might be a problem of timing if it still whiffs. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Copanele said:

If my memory serves me right(I hope), what I did was charge the buffalo head with down-back, then input it with down-up (so I won't lose the charge) then the moment i landed i quickly did the crazy buffalo + any kick. Normally Balrog starts with an uppercut instead of a straight punch. 

It might be a problem of timing if it still whiffs. 

5 hours ago, Vergil said:

From left Charge. Down, back. Go Quick Up , Up back, don't release ! Then do super 

Ok, it worked. When I said before that I failed I actually always let go of the button for a second. I actually had to stop looking at the screen and watch my hand to actually notice that. I feel so stupid now.

Thanks again for helping guys. Without you guys I couldn't pull any of those moves off.

Edited by Ivotas

Hey guys, me again. Now with a question about Vega who I'm working on. I'm stuck at trial 13. The second move is an EX Flying Barcelona Attack. I do what seems like the normal attack where he jumps to the corner of the screen but the video guides have Vega actually landing at attack with his knee right at the start of the jump. I have no idea what I need to do to pull that off. It would be great if someone could fill me in.^^'

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, me again with another question. I'm currently really struggling with Ibuki's final trial because I just don't understand the High Jump move. The move's described as follows:

(jump immediately after input) ⬇️

Now there's several problems I'm having just understanding this. Immediately after inputing what? Pressing down on the D-Pad or after the previous move? Also I've watched several video guides and none of them does a jump at all from what I can see. It just looks like the Crouch LK, Crouch LP, Stand LK, Stand MK and then immediately Hashinsho. Yet between Stand MK and Hashinsho the "High Jump" is marked as read. I honestly have no idea what I need to do here guys. I'd really appreciate feedback because as I am now it seems that I have to throw the towel on the trials because I just don't know what I need to do. It would really suck with just 6 characters left. :(

10 minutes ago, Ivotas said:

Hello everyone, me again with another question. I'm currently really struggling with Ibuki's final trial because I just don't understand the High Jump move. The move's described as follows:

(jump immediately after input) 2b07.png

Now there's several problems I'm having just understanding this. Immediately after inputing what? Pressing down on the D-Pad or after the previous move? Also I've watched several video guides and none of them does a jump at all from what I can see. It just looks like the Crouch LK, Crouch LP, Stand LK, Stand MK and then immediately Hashinsho. Yet between Stand MK and Hashinsho the "High Jump" is marked as read. I honestly have no idea what I need to do here guys. I'd really appreciate feedback because as I am now it seems that I have to throw the towel on the trials because I just don't know what I need to do. It would really suck with just 6 characters left. :(

It's been a while that I played this, but I think that you just have to flick the stick down and then quickly up. If done correctly, Ibuki should jump higher. You can also use up forward or up back to jump for a high jump forward/backward.

I remember struggling with this concept aswell, it's was one of the harder things for me until it clicked. Especially since you also have to use it as a cancel if I remember correctly. You don't see the Hashinsho for that reason, but Hashinsho won't come out without the high jump cancel. I think you just need to be very quick on the stick to perform it.

Edited by Ric
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ivotas said:

Its because they input the qcfu. It works the same way as vipers high jump. Is it trial 24?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ivotas said:

It's the super jump cancel into ultra from what I get. 

What you have to do is cr,LK -> cr.LP -> st. LK -> st.MK -> ⬇️↘️➡️⬇️↘️➡️ +↗️KKK WHILE the st.MK animation is happening. That up forward acts as a jump cancel. The timing has to be strict, this is one of the hard trials in the game.

@Vergil correct me if I am wrong, been a while since I did this ass trial xD 

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's been a while that I played this, but I think that you just have to flick the stick down and then quickly up. If done correctly, Ibuki should jump higher. You can also use up forward or up back to jump for a high jump forward/backward.

I remember struggling with this concept aswell, it's was one of the harder things for me until it clicked. Especially since you also have to use it as a cancel if I remember correctly. You don't see the Hashinsho for that reason, but Hashinsho won't come out without the high jump cancel. I think you just need to be very quick on the stick to perform it.

The thing is that in the guide videos there's literally no jump happening. Neither is Ibuki leaving the ground nor are the players in the video guides using any jump inputs which is where my lack of comprehension comes from.

9 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Its because they input the qcfu. It works the same way as vipers high jump. Is it trial 24?

Apologies but I have no idea what a qcfu is. I'm really a noob when it get's to things like these so apologies if I cannot follow you there. Also I haven't done C. Viper yet as she's said to be the most difficult character so I'm leaving her for last in case I can clear Ibuki, Gen, Cammy, Abel and El Fuerte.

3 minutes ago, Copanele said:

It's the super jump cancel into ultra from what I get. 

What you have to do is cr,LK -> cr.LP -> st. LK -> st.MK -> 2b07.png2198.png27a1.png2b07.png2198.png27a1.png2197.pngKKK WHILE the st.MK animation is happening. That up forward acts as a jump cancel. The timing has to be strict, this is one of the hard trials in the game.

@Vergil correct me if I am wrong, been a while since I did this ass trial xD 

I see. So that's why there's no actual jumps in the video guides. So it's pretty much using the punches and kicks and the Hashinsho without concentrating on the jump then as if the timing is right it will automatically count as done, right? Then I guess I have to get my timing better as so far I've tried to use the same inputs in the video guides but I never could finish with a Hashinsho. Anyways guys thanks for your quick replies. I was really lost there for a while.^^

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ivotas said:

The thing is that in the guide videos there's literally no jump happening. Neither is Ibuki leaving the ground nor are the players in the video guides using any jump inputs which is where my lack of comprehension comes from.

Apologies but I have no idea what a qcfu is. I'm really a noob when it get's to things like these so apologies if I cannot follow you there. Also I haven't done C. Viper yet as she's said to be the most difficult character so I'm leaving her for last in case I can clear Ibuki, Gen, Cammy, Abel and El Fuerte.

I see. So that's why there's no actual jumps in the video guides. So it's pretty much using the punches and kicks and the Hashinsho without concentrating on the jump then as if the timing is right it will automatically count as done, right? Then I guess I have to get my timing better as so far I've tried to use the same inputs in the video guides but I never could finish with a Hashinsho. Anyways guys thanks for your quick replies. I was really lost there for a while.^^

The purpose of that combo is to teach you how to cancel your normal into an ultra via super jump. That's why you couldn't see Ibuki jumping. 

BUT you need to do that cancel. Without cancel, Dan will simply block your Ultra. 

• Like 2