[Poll] Inverted or normal camera?

Xxleonardo97xX

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Inverted or Normal camera?

• Inverted
    • Normal

• 1 month later...

Dont know. In some games inverted is the "correct" one, in some other normal ist the "correct" one.

But when I put the stick to the left, I also want that the camera is going to the left...

When I want to see the sky, It would be nice when this happens after putting the stick on upside position.

:)

Inverted. It's really annoying that too many FPS games don't even give a change to invert both X and Y-axis. Makes me feel like I'm supposed to learn to always use normal camera but the inverted one has just always felt more natural. And I'm too stubborn to change my ways.

Inverted Y, normal X. I believe Killzone had this default on PS2 and after that I could not go back.

I kind of get this setting, but I by far prefer normal.

What I mean by that I get it is that if you pretend your head was the stick, to look down you'd press it forward and down in that direction, and to look up you'd push it backwards against you. The opposite is the case for the direction you look at.

Edited by MMDE

• 4 months later...

Always inverted. I always imagined you controlled an actual camera - you push to one side to view the opposite side. IGN Australia explained it better:

I still can't fathom how people can use a mixed configuration. So you use normal for one axis but inverted for the other?... How does that even make sense?! The worst part is when games force you to use that configuration (*ahem* Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire *ahem*).

I always play with, and choose when available, normal controls.  While I never liked older games that forced inverted, I could deal with it.  Sometimes in games today, certain controls default to inverted and I takes a few seconds, but I adjust.  While it's not comfortable, I'll never understand when people say they can't play a game with [insert camera type] controls.  Sure, it's a little different, but it's eay to adapt to, especially if its only for a short time and then you switch back.  It's definitely annoying when games don't give you the option to switch to your preferred style, but really only FPS games would be an issue.  It's always hilarious when I see people freak out over no inverted controls on a game that utilizes static 2d environments with 3d characters.  Inverted wouldn't even make sense in that situation, yet I still see comments like "I can't play the game".  I assume those people also can't function in real life.  It takes very little time to get used to moving your tiny mass of pixels to the left when pushing left on the stick.  On an FPS, sure, much harder to get used to, and I understand that one, but yeah, you'll survive no inverted on your 2d puzzler.

Edited by Matto_lsi

• 4 years later...

I will always invert the Y-axis. It doesn't make any logical sense to me but my gamer level increases by 39. Games become borderline unplayable if I can't invert the Y-axis. Can't get the headshots I want if keep aiming down.

Inverting the X-axis is just crazy. I'm starting to warm up to the idea of inverting the x-axis. Have tried it in a few games and enjoyed it.