The Empress or Dahaka?

Hello everybody, I finished the game in Easy without dying three days ago and I fought against the Empress, today I completed it in Normal, and I fought against Dahaka. For me the Dahaka is hardest, I don't know if my game is glitched, cause the Dahaka lifted it from the edge inmidiatly. But finally I killed him.

In your opinion who is the hardest and why?

Thanks and Good Luck!

Thanks for the answer. I was right. The Dahaka is hardest. But I completed it in Easy (Empress, without dying). Today I completed in Normal mode (Dahaka). So I will start the game and I'm not going to obtain the Water Sword. 

The trophy guide I used recommend me to beat the Dahaka in Hard. Cause it is easiest than the Empress. Stupid guide!!!!!

I defeated the dahaka on hard mode, and it is definetly harder... though... you can confuse the dahaka... if you strike him once with your sword, then walk left or right around him he is slightly glitched in place... rinse and repeat until he is on the edge... then just go to town slashing with the beserker time ability. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I can only fight one per playthrough? I'm just on a normal game, I don't think I'm going to go for the platinum, but I'd have to make two separate files to get both trophies? Maybe I'll just make a separate save and not get the Water sword and do one for the Empress.

• Like 2

So I can only fight one per playthrough? I'm just on a normal game, I don't think I'm going to go for the platinum, but I'd have to make two separate files to get both trophies? Maybe I'll just make a separate save and not get the Water sword and do one for the Empress.

You have got it right. By making a seperate save before picking up the water swotd, you can fight both. Otherwise you can fight only one of them :)

Edited by Bezenko
  • Like 1

You have got it right. By making a seperate save before picking up the water swotd, you can fight both. Otherwise you can fight only one of them :)

Thank you for your quick reply

Just a quick question, as I've never played this game before now, is it a long time between when you get the Water Sword and the end of the game? I'm just wondering how long it would take me to get both endings. 

• Like 1

Thank you for your quick reply

Just a quick question, as I've never played this game before now, is it a long time between when you get the Water Sword and the end of the game? I'm just wondering how long it would take me to get both endings. 

I haven't played the game in years, but I think after getting all health upgrades, you can pick up the sword just a minute before the final boss or so :)

• Like 1

Yeah, you can. You could kill two birds with one stone using that method, but I would advise fighting the Empress during your Hard playthrough. Even though the Empress is the easier option of the two, she is still very difficult on Hard mode. If she hits you at least once she will shave off at least 40% of your overall health per hit. The Empress also tends to use the Slow Motion power when she gets low on health, but you can counter this by using your own Slow Motion power once hers is activated. The worst thing about that fight are the Sand Vortex's as getting hit by any of them will hurt you severely. It isn't a hard fight, but it isn't an easy one. 

• 11 months later...

I chose to beat The Empress on hard. After a couple of hours of failing I thought it may have been easier to fight Dahaka. My strats in the beginning were to keep far back from her. When she did her 3 morph animation I'd hit her 3 times after the third one and jump back. She would then slow time so I also slowed time and slashed away at her. This didn't work - I got her to half health at most before I died. She slowed time so much that I ran out of sand and couldn't reciprocate and that's when she got me. Then just by accident, after the three morph animation, I jumped over her with :cross:, hit :square: twice and jumped back. She did a new animation after this where she slashed her swords at me (much like Shahdee) and the second she stopped I repeated the process. I think she only managed to do the 3 morph animation once this attempt and she never slowed down time. This was so much quicker and easier and way less frustrating! Instead of having to use my sand to combat her when she slowed time, I was able to rewind any time I got hit - which I used a lot for the sand tornados because a hit by them loses nearly half your health. When she was down to about a fifth of her health I had three sand tanks left so I slowed time and went to town on her. I thought I'd put this strategy here to help anyone having trouble with this fight. Hope it helps.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I went for the empress.

If you have the green/yellow sword and six full sand tanks, the empress can be easily beaten this way (on hard also), without getting hit:

- When the fight starts dodge, because she'll do an unblockable attack inflicting a lot of damage;

- Slow down time with :l1: and start smashing :triangle: to use the secondary weapon. When the blocks your attack, roll to the side and continue hitting her with :triangle:. Be aware: using this weapon will take away health from yourself, so halfway the fight you'll only have a small sliver of health left. It won't go below a certain treshold though. Keep an eye on the timer of the sand power and hit :l1: again as soon as time starts to be normal. If anything goes well, towards the end of the second sand tank you'll get a cutscene;

- She will float up in het sand storm and summon three sand tornadoes. Keep circling around her closely around to avoid the tornadoes and dodge when needed if they get to close. If you get hit anyway, you have enough sand left to rewind time and dodge it on the 2nd try. Pick up the sands when the tornadoes die down to fill your empty tanks;

- When she is down on the ground again run towards her and she will taunt. Slow down time again and start hitting :triangle: again. Another two sand tanks and you'll get another scene;

- Avoid the tornadoes again and after that do the slow down time + :triangle: thing again. During the second sand tank you'll beat her. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I just completed both on hard and found the Dahaka easier due to the fact that there are infinite sand respawns. Any time you get damaged or into a rough spot you can just take a step back, refill your tanks and try again. All in all my thought is that you have a lot more room for error and course correction with the Dahaka