Would you pay for a PSNProfiles app?

1,432 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay for a PSNProfiles app?

• I wouldn't pay
    • $0.99 / £0.79
    • $1.99 / £1.49
    • $2.99 / £2.29
    • $3.99 / £2.99

Depends on what the app would offer compared to the Playstation App. The only reason I don't use the Playstation App is because it's too simple, I can only check my trophies in there and nothing more, I would love to have acess to the psnprofiles forums through this app. But yeah, I would pay.

• Like 3

Seeing the amount of work going into it, and the price of a decent developper, I've gone for yes for 3$

Looking forward to seeing this happen for Android !

To my knowledge, the forum is already phone compatible, CB not so much so, mainly because it kills your battery.

I wouldn't like to see forums/CB on the app, definitely more for the front end of the site.

I would suggest perhaps a premium version and an ad supported version (although seeing the bitch fest after adding ads to the website, that may not be a good idea)

Edited by Memnoch
  • Like 2

Absolutely, yes.

Don't cheap out - $4 is nothing for the service we get.

No love for windows phone tho. :(

Seeing the amount of work going into it, and the price of a decent developper, I've gone for yes for 3$

Looking forward to seeing this happen for Android !

To my knowledge, the forum is already phone compatible, CB not so much so, mainly because it kills your battery.

I wouldn't like to see forums/CB on the app, definitely more for the front end of the site.

I would suggest perhaps a premium version and an ad supported version (although seeing the bitch fest after adding ads to the website, that may not be a good idea)

Well Sly doesn't actually have to tell us, free versions of programs are always going to be a lower quality compared to premium.  

I voted for the most expensive option on the assumption that all site features would be included, especially guides. At the moment, I foresee that having quick and easy access to the ever growing database of guides through a dedicated PSNP app would be my primary use for it, with forums a close second.

I might think more carefully about the purchase if some of the site features were curtailed.

• Like 1

Not really. Using any mobile's browser works for anything i want to see on PSN Profiles.

I am going to sadly have to agree with this.  As much as I love this site, and am happy to have paid my lifetime premium membership, for me to buy the app it would have to do something that my mobile browser cannot.  Maybe if it had some offline features, like we could still see our current trophy and game lists without being connected, or something else that I cannot think of right now.  Then I would be happy to contribute 3-4 dollars because of all the awesome work Sly and his team do.

• Like 2

I'll pay $3.99 if it includes a better working version of the forums.  But at the moment, I can browse them for free using desktop mode on my phone, only issue I have is that I do require to zoom in quite a bit to read anything.  I don't like the current mobile site as I accidentally would like someone's post etc when I didn't mean to.

• Like 3

I picked the most expensive option (I am more than willing) but have a few questions about the app:

1) Will there be ads for any account type? (Regular or Premium)

2) Would all of PSNPs current features be available at the launch of the app? Or will we have to wait for more additions (Guides, Gaming Sessions etc.)

3) Will the tablet versions be proper Tablet apps, or blown up versions of the phone app? I would be willing to pay for 2 on my phone and tablet, but only if there is a difference.

I must say that if the iOS version looks close to those mock up images I would happily pay a dollar (I'm cheap atm). But if the iOS version can/has cache enable features (like you have mentioned Sly) and the ability to do trophy tips and guides for the games in the app natively, I will certainly pay the three-four dollar range because that will help me out. My only real question to you Sly is that will the app be able to run on the iPad at it's full resolution or is it going to be tailored for the iPhone's only? Just curious because I try to use this site on my iPad as much as I can because it helps with the trophy hunting.