Would you pay for a PSNProfiles app?

1,434 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay for a PSNProfiles app?

• I wouldn't pay
    • $0.99 / £0.79
    • $1.99 / £1.49
    • $2.99 / £2.29
    • $3.99 / £2.99

• 1 month later...

In order to justify the cost of having an app developed (iOS & Android), I need to know if there will be interest in paying for the app. Below are a few mockups (not complete) of what such app would include. Features would be added in further updates.

do you still planning on releasing this app ?

• Like 1

being a software developer for over 15 years now myself and dealing with that kind of stuff on a daily basis (more or less), i always wondered: is there really a demand for a mobile app? what can a mobile app do more or better, than a well crafted html5/css3 webpage, which scales and looks good on every device?

even for the mentioned features like offline functionality (look at your trophies offline for example) there are solutions like the localstorage and whatnot.

we currently have exactly that discussion in my company, where everything is rewritten into a RESTful WebAPI and consumed by a mobile app... and it can be a little bit annoying ;)

don't get me wrong, i would like a PSNP app and would definitely install it on my tablet (and even pay for it if it's a reasonable price), but i'm not a 100% on if it's really necessary.

PSNP, as it is of now, is already IMHO a quite well crafted page and looks/feels very good on my mobile devices, so personally i wouldn't need an app for that.

i'd prefer if other features on the site would be prioritized... this forum subsection is bursting of good ideas. especially regarding the guide system and better flagging of games (by region, or unobtainable trophies etc).

personally i'd love a feature to list games by trophy difficulty / completion time, filtered by the ones i already completed and so on.

this page is full of useful information and trophy data. a statistics nerd could go crazy on features with this kind of data ;)

• Like 1

being a software developer for over 15 years now myself and dealing with that kind of stuff on a daily basis (more or less), i always wondered: is there really a demand for a mobile app? what can a mobile app do more or better, than a well crafted html5/css3 webpage, which scales and looks good on every device?

even for the mentioned features like offline functionality (look at your trophies offline for example) there are solutions like the localstorage and whatnot.

we currently have exactly that discussion in my company, where everything is rewritten into a RESTful WebAPI and consumed by a mobile app... and it can be a little bit annoying ;)

don't get me wrong, i would like a PSNP app and would definitely install it on my tablet (and even pay for it if it's a reasonable price), but i'm not a 100% on if it's really necessary.

PSNP, as it is of now, is already IMHO a quite well crafted page and looks/feels very good on my mobile devices, so personally i wouldn't need an app for that.

i'd prefer if other features on the site would be prioritized... this forum subsection is bursting of good ideas. especially regarding the guide system and better flagging of games (by region, or unobtainable trophies etc).

personally i'd love a feature to list games by trophy difficulty / completion time, filtered by the ones i already completed and so on.

this page is full of useful information and trophy data. a statistics nerd could go crazy on features with this kind of data ;)

That's a good point, but I think if not then the mobile version of the website should be improved. I assume it's some kind of default for the IPB thing, but personally I find the layout kinda inconvenient and some features like commenting on status updates aren't available. 

In order to justify the cost of having an app developed (iOS & Android), I need to know if there will be interest in paying for the app. Below are a few mockups (not complete) of what such app would include. Features would be added in further updates.

Esv2IqY.png

Mate, reckon you and your team do a 'helluva' job. Happy to pay $3.99 as its a shame that the current poll states otherwise. Happy to show my support. Keep up the great work.

Regarding the 'Internet version' on your iPhone/Samsung etc, are you able to create a link to direct people to the 'posters' PSN profile? Will this be feasible?

Cheers.

Edited by LxJingoizm

• 2 months later...

I'd pay up to $5,though that isn't much money to me so who knows. I'd just love to have my trophy card as a widget, and be able to click it to load my trophy list and relevant guides and info so I can work on trophies easily from the palm of my hand.

There are people here in the forums who have actually set their trophy card up as a widget on their Android, they talk about this app allowing you to do it ;) Some people aren't able to use that first app on their phone so they talk about other ones like this app.

Not quite what you're asking as far as working on guides and stuff, but close! ;)

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in doubt here...I think that you should offer a free trial to premium members first and when every problem has been fixed, you could make it available for the public. Another idea should be to combine this with the premium membership as a package, or give premium members a free 14 day trial or something like that. I've seen many apps like this go wrong and people moaning in the comments section about issues and refunds. Good Luck with the App though

Edited by The_Bogeyman_JPN

• 1 month later...