Would you pay for a PSNProfiles app?

1,433 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay for a PSNProfiles app?

• I wouldn't pay
    • $0.99 / £0.79
    • $1.99 / £1.49
    • $2.99 / £2.29
    • $3.99 / £2.99

The app should have some features that you just can't conveniently get by using the web browser. I know this is a price debate primarily, but features do play a part in determining whether people are willing to pay any price at all.

I think a cool feature could be a Barcode Reader/Scanner so you could scan retail game packages when in a store and be taken directly to the game page on PSNP so you could check the trophy list and forum posts regarding the game.

Chat feature would be helpful when organising ad-hoc Vita events or Game Sessions. Post notifications when someone replies to a forum thread you're following or participating in. Message notifications when someone posts in a Game Session chat. maybe notifications when your friends sync their profile and earn new trophies?

I don't usually pay for apps, but I will pay for an app if I know the service is good. One example is MyMovies Pro. I use the mobile app to scan barcodes of DVDs and Blu-rays to add them to my collection or add to wishlists, or browse titles while watching a movie to get actor info etc.

But, yeah, an app must have features that set itself apart from the general browser experience. I paid $5aud for MyMovies Pro. I'd pay that for a full featured PSNP app.

• Like 1

I think premium members should be able to get the app for free seeing as they already paid money for services and non-premium members should pay

Not a bad idea. Probably impossible to pull of as I doubt iTunes or Android stores would communicate with PSNP for that info.

Honestly, I do not see the need for an app. But I would probably buy it anyway. For the same reason I bought the premium membership: It's not so much additional features, but showing appreciation for a job well done by contributing at least financially: for the information you provide, the service you provide and the community that has come out of it. Thank you for the time and dedication you put into this.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I do not see the need for an app. But I would probably buy it anyway. For the same reason I bought the premium membership: It's not so much additional features, but showing appreciation for a job well done by contributing at least financially: for the information you provide, the service you provide and the community that has come out of it. Thank you for the time and dedication you put into this.

Excellent post!

I think a cool feature could be a Barcode Reader/Scanner so you could scan retail game packages when in a store and be taken directly to the game page on PSNP so you could check the trophy list and forum posts regarding the game.

Great idea!

• 1 month later...

usually only use psnp when i'm at home since that's where my console is...i have butcher's hands so my laptop/tablet works best as it has the advantage of a keyboard/larger touch screen/ better spell check, etc. making posting simpler...i use the ps app or web browser when away from home for gaming stuff...don't mind paying for membership as this site is tops but don't see any use for a psnp app at this point in time...would just be something else to kill my phone battery's limited life...nice idea but wouldn't pay for it as i don't see any benefit to having it...

• 2 weeks later...

How did I not see this when it was posted. :o

I'd be all over a PSNP app, because I open the site on my phone dozens of times a day. I'd probably get it either way, but if the forum worked good enough for normal browsing that would be amazing (the mobile forums are terrible).

I would be ready to pay anything reasonable enough, just to support the work put in my favorite website, so 3.99$ wouldn't be a problem. :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this has been suggested for the app.

I would like to see push notifications for gaming sessions. 

If you sign up for a gaming session your phone can alert you and let you know it's about to start. 

We could set it up to where players can be notified X hours/minutes before the session starts or right at the session start time. 

So let's say a player wants to be notified one hour before the boost session.

They would see on their phone. (The "Name of Boost Session" starts in 1 hour) 

Touching it will take you to the boost session thread. 

It would be great for those who sign up for a session and then forget about it. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...