Would you pay for a PSNProfiles app?

1,434 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay for a PSNProfiles app?

• I wouldn't pay
    • $0.99 / £0.79
    • $1.99 / £1.49
    • $2.99 / £2.29
    • $3.99 / £2.99

I wouldnt pay for it, psnprofiles on my phone works very good so an app isnt necessary in my case. If psnp app were to be created I think it should be free thou as it may be a bit of a pain for some people who payed for premium to also pay additional fees for app.

• 9 months later...

Was always surprised that no app existed.

Not sure I would pay for this.

But to be honest, you can't really make people pay for an app and then some more for the premium upgrade.

But an App would be cool, a simple one only for consultation would be enough.

If no app, mobile sites are now kinda mandatory.

@KRATOS_31090 Yet, having the website pages big and we need to zoom in all the time isn't practical. Yet we have the chat and the forums that have been adapted to mobiles but the rest isn’t. So it would be better that the entire PSNP has a mobile display, either via app or mobile web.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 2

Wow, a psnprofiles app ! That would be awesome!!

yes I would pay for it!

On 9.6.2017 at 1:10 PM, Maxie the Mouse said:

@KRATOS_31090 Yet, having the website pages big and we need to zoom in all the time isn't practical. Yet we have the chat and the forums that have been adapted to mobiles but the rest aren't. So it would be better that the entire PSNP has a mobile display, either via app or mobile web.

I agree. 

Edited by TrophieHunting

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

...so safe assumption that this isn't incoming, given the apparently +2 year development cycle?

I'm not sure as a premium user that I would pay another $5 (CAD; the most expensive option there) but would I throw $2 in for an app? Sure. It'd be nice to have a decent interface to get trophy guides up while I'm playing. This site's trophy guides have made it hands down the best site on the internet for trophy hunting, and an app with refresh capabilities and easy access to those guides would make sessions a lot easier. 

Here's hoping that this can at least be revived.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I don't see the point personally, it seems an unnecessary use of time and money because the site on mobile works fantastically already (especially compared to competitors). I don't see what an app would really add beyond what you can already do by just bookmarking the site as a button on your phone lol. 

Honestly, this site does a good job at accessibility, meanwhile sites like TrueTrophies have very poor mobile optimisation and charge simply just for the ability to even use a mobile version at all xD

• Like 2

With the site working so well I don't see the need (and I'm on mobile, but don't mind zooming). There's already a paid for membership. If things ever got so bad you needed more money I'd prefer advertising rather than risk the site becoming a lesser priority over an app.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

I do not think that an app could give a lot more than what the site itself does at the moment. I would much rather see an update to the website that would make it more responsive. That is a lot easier than building an entire app. Apps were all the rage when responsive webdesign was still in its infancy, but for what this site offers its users I can not think of anything that might warrant the need for a seperate app at this point.

It's a shame that development and maintenance of the site seems to be stagnating. I'm pretty sure there are people within this community with plenty of web skills to help out in that department. Maybe it should become more of a community project in that regard. I would not mind the owner of the site getting the proceeds of premium memberships, because I can not imagine that being something to make a living out of anyway. I expect a lot of it to go into hosting the site because of its large user base and the fact that it's always lighting fast (at least for me).

Edited by pinkrobot_pb