Would you pay for a PSNProfiles app?

1,434 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay for a PSNProfiles app?

• I wouldn't pay
    • $0.99 / £0.79
    • $1.99 / £1.49
    • $2.99 / £2.29
    • $3.99 / £2.99

I'll pay top-dollar for it if it includes real-time, phone-integrated notifications. It will be even better if they are customizable; as in, I can assign one ring-tone to gaming session notifications and another to forum or profile update replies-- that sort of thing. That could be a major justification for why one would pay for an app when one can use the website.

Edited by DaisyVilla102
  • Like 2

I don't really have any need/interest in simply browsing trophies on the go.  Plus it's nothing I can't already do from the official Playstation app.

However, being able to utilize any and all community features would go a long way to getting a few bucks out of me.  Guides, chat, forum, sessions, etc.  Especially if (the forums for example) are spruced up a bit, the current mobile theme is lacking in a lot of ways... not being able to easily access someones PSN profile from their forum profile, status updates and replies being nearly impossible to navigate, etc.

This is where some of the smaller ideas floating around might be kind of nice.  Things like being able to give games in the database a simple 1-5 star rating.  The trophy tips were another good idea back when they were at the forefront.  Small, quick hit activities that feel like I'm participating in the site on my 15 minute lunch break at work... that don't involve writing up a 20 page trophy guide, committing time out of my life joining up in gaming sessions or delving into a long discussion on the forums.  Ya know?  Having little things to do while I'm out and about would make a mobile app (with an all encompassing, slick, phone-friendly interface) all the more valuable.

EDIT: And I realize this is all pretty tempered by the fact I'm not even a premium member. xD  I have donated in the past though (on other accounts, non-lifetime)... and I would likely find more use out of a really good mobile app, then what's currently offered to premium members (not really interested in unlimited updates or changing my forum name).  As such, it'd be more likely to pull some money out of me.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 3

See maybe I'm just too old now but I just don't get App's. I mean phones nowadays can load up a webpage in a second and said webpage contains everything you need! 

I think if a free trial was offered I'd try it out to see what the features are and then i'd be more willing to pay the full amount. In the end I'd probably pay just to support the site!

Admittedly the mobile space is not my best area of knowledge when it comes to development, but I don't understand the advantage of providing a dedicated application to the site over just making a mobile-specific version of the site that's really top-notch. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff that could be done with HTML5 features (cacheing profiles through HTML5 storage, to give an example of something I saw Sly mention on the first page of the thread. I think that it'd be a difficult sell to all but the really hard-core site users, and even then a lot of us browse using our computers anyway from personal experience.

• Like 1

As long as it is reliable for example, it doesn't breakdown for a while everyday or if it's updating itself every other day, I wouldn't mind making the one payment of a few dollars. It would be an improvement on viewing the desktop web page content on my phone screen. It would be fantastic, if the app becomes available with all the bells and whistles in terms of presentation - something holographic would be really awesome. All the very best of luck with it.

An app would be a great idea! I'd definitely pay for it to make sure it's well funded, maybe 2 or 3 quid as a maximum though, because I generally don't buy apps over that price because they're for your phone, they're supposed to be small, easy to use and concise, and overpaying for something is always a turn-off, although I'm sure it would definitely be worth the price of admission.

I'd also love to see a widget that updates just as you update your profile on here.

Hope this feedback helps! :)

I don't mind paying something like $4 as long it includes everything you can find on here plus some other things I'm sure the app would include. One thing also would be text chat boxes in the Gaming Sessions for people doing sessions together.

Personally no. Not only do I hate using anything non-IM web related on my phone, but also I'd never have the need for such "on-the-go" solution anyhow.

That being said, I think you should release free, ad-supported version and then sell "Pro" version without ads for maybe $1-2.

• Like 1

I would if it doubled as a premium membership for the website.  Seeing as the membership for the website is $9.99 you would need to raise the pricing (Unless you are planning on lowering it) to match it.  For those that are already a premium member you may need to work out a way for them to redeem a DL code or something.

If there is ad support it needs to be free.  No one likes paying for an app and then having ads shoved in their face.

Looking good though Sly.  Hope it comes out later this month to iOS.