Would you pay for a PSNProfiles app?

1,434 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay for a PSNProfiles app?

• I wouldn't pay
    • $0.99 / £0.79
    • $1.99 / £1.49
    • $2.99 / £2.29
    • $3.99 / £2.99

Sorry, but no, I wouldn´t. I usually acces PSNP via my Vita´s browser, or the PC´s. I would reconsider buying the app though, if it includes something special, the browser doesn´t offer to us and if its only 1€. Everything else is way too much, if you consider its just another way of entering a website...

Definitely would pay for a app, sure majority of the site can be accessed easily on mobile devices but the forums on the other hand are clunky and clustered and dont feel natural on a mobile device. If the app came with accessible access to the forums I'd actually post more often xDDDD

I would purchase the app to support the app and the website just like I do now with Premium, but I would hope that it contains all or close to all the features of the website. I voted for $0.99 because I do not feel that apps are worth more than that. If the app would blow me away then maybe I would pay $1.99.

I would pay but only to support the site since i have no need to update my trophy status on the go. Also, i think adding in a premium membership with people who buy the app would be nice. You could also make it so people who buy the app but are already premium members on this site get a "unique" new title under their forum avatar.

Edited by Oblivion

After a few days of reading the thread and seeing the comments people are making, seems like a majority would pay for it in some way. If you also look at the poll (At the time I am posting this) purely to see if people would pay for it or not, majority of them (227) would pay for it compared to the minority (123). I see a fifty-fifty sort of thing in regards to  the people who don't want to pay for the app. It seems that they either have already paid for Premium and believe that they should get it for free, and the other half because they wouldn't use it at all because they have fancy dang computers and believe having an app is worthless.

At the end of the day it's up to the user if they are willing to buy an app that would suit their style. I'm surprised that a few people share the same way that I trophy hunt with a tablet of some sort, but they share the similar interest of having the app on said tablet rather than having to go to their computer (which could be in another room or just lazy) to look up guides and such instead of using their piece of shit built in web browser. That said there is also a few people who don't see the point of having an app because they are glued to their computers or have laptops near their consoles and that's fair enough too.

Real question is still about how you're going to price it so it's reasonable.

• Like 3

After a few days of reading the thread and seeing the comments people are making, seems like a majority would pay for it in some way. If you also look at the poll (At the time I am posting this) purely to see if people would pay for it or not, majority of them (227) would pay for it compared to the minority (123). I see a fifty-fifty sort of thing in regards to  the people who don't want to pay for the app. It seems that they either have already paid for Premium and believe that they should get it for free, and the other half because they wouldn't use it at all because they have fancy dang computers and believe having an app is worthless.

At the end of the day it's up to the user if they are willing to buy an app that would suit their style. I'm surprised that a few people share the same way that I trophy hunt with a tablet of some sort, but they share the similar interest of having the app on said tablet rather than having to go to their computer (which could be in another room or just lazy) to look up guides and such instead of using their piece of shit built in web browser. That said there is also a few people who don't see the point of having an app because they are glued to their computers or have laptops near their consoles and that's fair enough too.

Probably the best post on this thread.

Indeed phones can be used to access this content, but it's not exactly mobile friendly, and seeing the amount of threads that were created for an app prior to this poll, then I would say it's a viable idea.

But a majority of people are willing to pay, even if it's a minimal amount, and a lot of us would probably pay more, just to support the website, because well, we like it here.

• Like 3

I voted for the most expensive option on the assumption that all site features would be included, especially guides. At the moment, I foresee that having quick and easy access to the ever growing database of guides through a dedicated PSNP app would be my primary use for it, with forums a close second.

I might think more carefully about the purchase if some of the site features were curtailed.

Yeah, having a more mobile-friendly version of the guides would be fantastic.

I'm surprised how many people are not willing to fork out a couple bucks for something they would obviously use (given the fact that they're here voting in the poll to begin with).

I voted for $2.99 - just seems like about the right amount for a good app.

• Like 1

Yeah, what the hell. I've have unused money on the App Store for a very long time and wouldn't mind "paying" like $2 for an app. I usually wouldn't spend more (or at all) for that sort of minor convenience, but I'd be okay with supporting this site even more than I already have by being a lifetime member.

I really appreciate the work you guys do, but I don't really spend on ANY iOS app, so I'm not exactly sure if I would.
My honest opinion is that if the forums are for free and we have the option, but not requirement to pay for a better service, should be the same with the app, right? Take no offense guys :)

I think it should be included in the premium membership as a further incentive.

It looks great, but I use my laptop to visit this site mainly because I can type a lot faster and with a lot less errors (that's right, looking at you Auto-Correct). And besides that everything works when I use my mobile browser. Maybe my opinion will change if I ever get a Tablet, but for now I wouldn't use it.

Same thoughts that crossed my mind even before reading the entire thread.

but to justify the charges, I would say, it ain't a daylight robbery, considering the work ethic that Sly and his Team has done, both for us premium holders and

regular accounts. (*yeah, I hear you, minus-off the Ads, but which is also necessary to pump some greens and keep this site up and running, w/less downtime)(*Operations cost, brother!)

Though, I choose the 0.99$ option, that would change once I get my own Ipad or Tablet.  :)  (*but I always believe with the saying "Less is more")

Keep us posted with the app progress,Sly and we'll be supporting you all throughout!  B)

Cheers!

-Razgriz

I've already commented on this thread, I said I'd buy the app, I don't remember what else, this comment overrides my earlier one and is my latest opinion on the app.

I use PSNP on my phone's browser whenever I'm home or stealing WiFi, it works great on there, from that perspective I need no extra apps that waste my phone's space, however, I'm going to list off a few things that would make the app more or less ESSENTIAL for me personally.

1. PSN messaging, and if not that, then forum messaging...BUT WITH ACTUAL LIVE NOTIFICATIONS. I just reinstalled the PS App a few hours ago because I wanted to help someone with a trophy online a week or so back and our schedules/timezones never synced up and I saw they were online so I shot 'em a message saying something like "Yo, I'll be able to do it in like 20 minutes if you want" and then AN HOUR LATER my phone dinged from the app, AND IT TOLD ME I GOT A RESPONSE AN HOUR AGO. God damn it, that's worse than any metaphor or off topic story I can think of. If you integrate messages into the app, which I think (I read the first 5 or 6 pages of comments but haven't caught up since then) is gonna happen, then make them have live notifications, I know you'd need internet for that, and if your internet is off on your phone then obviously you won't get it live and you can't expect it, but I had my super fast WiFi on that whole hour and it took that long, live notifications are a must, include this and I'll include your app in my shopping list.

2. Offline trophies. I mentioned you might not have internet on your phone, I have mine turned off 24/7, I only ever use my phone online when I'm either in range of a WiFi spot and I **NEED** to go online, or if I'm like pooping or something, which is gross, but true, I don't need internet with me ALL the time...With that in mind, if I'm at school or something and I'm bored in class and screwing around on my phone, if I had internet (which is the case when I use one of their laptops that are slower than an anorexic person running to an all you can eat place) I would totally look up my profile, stare at my trophy list with pride, stroke my e-peen, and then when I'm done, look for something to play when I get home. If you sync up your account with PSNP: App Edition, and you can look at all your trophies offline, I'd be super stoked and easily pay 5 bucks or so for the app alone based on that because of how much I would totally do it. I feel no shame.

3. This one's really a stretch, considering how I wanted offline storing of information and pictures and whatnot, but if it's at all possible, try to make the install size as small as possible. Here's me, I've got my phone, I've got a whole bunch of big ass high quality games on it (none of that Candy Crush Crap for me thank you) and I don't have all whole lot of space. Granted, that's my fault for cheaping out and buying the smaller model (the Nexus 5 does not support memory cards so I can't expand my memory that way), but I don't have space to waste on apps for everything. Facebook wants me to have a million apps, there's all these stupid messaging services, none of it, that's what I want, I have Facebook bookmarked, I have my email bookmarked, I have this site bookmarked, they take up no space, that's awesome. As long as it's not huge, I won't mind, but please don't make me spend like half a gig or more of my precious space on an app for a website I could just bookmark, if the first two features are in the app, of course I'd bother with it, but I recently removed all the album art from my music just to save a few hundred megabytes of storage.

Also no ads please, but as a premium member BUYING an app, I'd assume that's a given.

...Please forgive the crudeness of my post and all the other ones, for I am but a whiny teenager who wants it all. Also seriously, fuck the PlayStation App. Fuck it.

• Like 1