Would you pay for a PSNProfiles app?

1,434 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay for a PSNProfiles app?

• I wouldn't pay
    • $0.99 / £0.79
    • $1.99 / £1.49
    • $2.99 / £2.29
    • $3.99 / £2.99

I personally have no need for it as the mobile browser operates the site perfectly! I would pay just to keep contributing to the site!! Is there any added bonus incentive on the site to provide financial backing for the app? I.E. - An ability to have a Clan/Group Tag, somekind of unique emblem on your profile etc..?

Do we know if the PSNProfiles App is still in the works? I'm just curious, I already said back a few months ago that I'd totally pay for it. I ask because I saw the thread again and remembered that I need a PSNProfiles App in my life ASAP xD

• Like 2

Do we know if the PSNProfiles App is still in the works? I'm just curious, I already said back a few months ago that I'd totally pay for it. I ask because I saw the thread again and remembered that I need a PSNProfiles App in my life ASAP xD

Honesty based on the pricing to get an application created by a professional(good!) dev team. Add in that you should have an android version(hi! from android!) created as well. If it was my money, I would find it too risky of an investment.

It's very very very expensive.

Too many of you said no, and too many said they don't want ads.

This site may be worth !quite! a bit if sold(I've seen crap sold for outrageous amounts), but I don't believe Sly has interest in selling otherwise he already would have(imo) (God I hope he doesn't sell).

Everyone that said no to buying, but wants it, should think about how little it would cost you if you divided it by the amount of time you use it per year. It could be far far less than 1/10 of a penny a day! Or it could be a a penny a day! Or just a few!

Another thing is not enough people have voted imo, those that have stayed silent really should speak up imo. Or if they don't know, others should talk about it in the forums. Because the more people, the more likely you will see an app at all. Since some will say yes on the poll, but won't actually buy.

And I.P Board already is adamant about being against making applications for their customers, believing that mobile sites are good enough. So for the forums no help will come from them.

Necessity is the mother of invention(or in this case app creation ;) ), make it popular, and you will see it.

I believe imo Sly is looking to make people happy, but he's also looking for money to cover current cost, future cost, and then an investment for himself.

Hopefully this thread gets even more attention, either by word of mouth or otherwise. And hopefully I was able to change someone's mind! :D

This is the best online community I've ever been a part of, let's make it better! Because it's the community as a whole that has the most power! :D

Ok I rambled on enough!

This isn't meant to offend anyone btw! Your opinion is your own! :D

• Like 2

Honesty based on the pricing to get an application created by a professional(good!) dev team. Add in that you should have an android version(hi! from android!) created as well. If it was my money, I would find it too risky of an investment.

Too many of you said no, and too many said they don't want ads.

This site may be worth !quite! a bit if sold(I've seen crap sold for outrageous amounts), but I don't believe Sly has interest in selling otherwise he already would have(imo) (God I hope he doesn't sell).

Everyone that said no to buying, but wants it, should think about how little it would cost you if you divided it by the amount of time you use it per year. It could be far far less than 1/10 of a penny a day! Or it could be a a penny a day! Or just a few!

Another thing is not enough people have voted imo, those that have stayed silent really should speak up imo. Or if they don't know, others should talk about it in the forums. Because the more people, the more likely you will see an app at all. Since some will say yes on the poll, but won't actually buy.

And I.P Board already is adamant about being against making applications for their customers, believing that mobile sites are good enough. So for the forums no help will come from them.

Necessity is the mother of invention(or in this case app creation ;) ), make it popular, and you will see it.

I believe imo Sly is looking to make people happy, but he's also looking for money to cover current cost, future cost, and then an investment for himself.

Hopefully this thread gets even more attention, either by word of mouth or otherwise. And hopefully I was able to change someone's mind! :D

This is the best online community I've ever been a part of, let's make it better! Because it's the community as a whole that has the most power! :D

Ok I rambled on enough!

This isn't meant to offend anyone btw! Your opinion is your own! :D

I hope it doesn't get sold either. From what I can tell, the site is currently being run due to a passion for gaming and with money mainly as a means to keep the site running. I can imagine if someone was to buy the site, they would only be interested in profiting from it.

• Like 1

Yup, I don't know the status of the app, but I remember Sly told me pretty much this exact thing a while ago. It just costs a ton of money to get someone to make a really, really high quality app

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

I hope it doesn't get sold either. From what I can tell, the site is currently being run due to a passion for gaming and with money mainly as a means to keep the site running. I can imagine if someone was to buy the site, they would only be interested in profiting from it.

I agree there's a lot of passion behind Sly and the site(how many sites of this size do people know that has an owner that's on extremely frequently, and responds to you rather quickly, let alone at all!) though I do believe he is making a profit based on the ads(probably not on membership), based on past work, this site generates more traffic than any site I was working with, and they brought in a good amount(they also had merchandise though... Which I brought up to Sly once because I think it would be an excellent source of income).

And ya I shiver at the thought of what would happen to the forums... Let alone how much to pay just to get half of what is added by Sly for free/cheap lifetime membership.

Yup, I don't know the status of the app, but I remember Sly told me pretty much this exact thing a while ago. It just costs a ton of money to get someone to make a really, really high quality app

Ya I have an old friend in ny that works at a business that gets apps for ios created sometimes for their clients. (it's a business around... :hmm: animation + other stuff. When you see the popups show on the bottom of the TV screen that have animation about upcoming shows etc. and then dissappear. They make those.)

He claims you can send an ios app to a business in California I think, that will make it into an android app. How this is done with the knowledge I have on java? No idea. But it's cheaper than having both made separately apparently (i have never inquired more).

But in the end he told me, just an ios app that they make animations/art for that's more than just simple..... You might as well be looking at buying a house. Unless you think it can be an investment.

I want an app so bad for Android, and with less than 1,000 resonses to the poll, I don't think that's enough.

Gotta spread the word!! Show people a usable mockup using html5 or flash of how amazing the functions could be, and a forum widget for my screen! Kill me know I'll die happy! Lol And I think imo more will side with the app!

• Like 1

I have the PS app, a 3rd party app and out of those 3, I would much prefer to get this instead, Maybe the Premium members can get a discount by maybe 10-20% off, If you can't do it then I'd still happily pay no matter how much.

Pretty please make an app! :)

I've commented before on this a couple of times, but I recently reinstalled the PSN app so I could message a couple of people I was trying to help with some trophies.

Make the app have the ability to save my trophies so I can stare at them locally, as in "I have no use for phone data and never have any, so I can only look at home/in a WiFi hotspot and I want to be able to read my trophy lists and whatnot on the go, dog gammit.

Since this app offers nothing that the mobile browser can't provide, why would one pay for an app?

Efficiency!

Time is the most valuable commodity, trust me... Besides the mobile site is lacking, and desktop mode is inconvenient even on my note 2.

If you saw what it should be, you may change your mind :)

• 2 weeks later...