Vendetta Missions

I only need two more trophies for the plat, and I can't get a vendetta mission to show up for the "Repaid in Blood" trophy. From what I read you need a friend who has the game and they have to die to a captain, and I've tried that with my only friend that owns the game multiple times and it didn't work. Any advice?

Honestly just keep looking, hopefully a mission will pop up for you as you play. Try doing a story mission or something and see if it pops up after you complete it.

It doesn't have to be a friend. It can be just any player. You should be seeing more of them come up as you go along with the story, or try advancing time.

I already beat the story mode, so are you saying I should play it again?

I already beat the story mode, so are you saying I should play it again?

They should be showing up even after you beat the story. I know they did for me. Have you tried checking back and forth between the two areas?

They should be showing up even after you beat the story. I know they did for me. Have you tried checking back and forth between the two areas?

I just tried that for a while and all I got was a mission that had the same icon as a vendetta mission but it said "Kill [Captain] for a special reward" and when I completed it I didn't get the trophy. How long did it take you to get one?

I just tried that for a while and all I got was a mission that had the same icon as a vendetta mission but it said "Kill [Captain] for a special reward" and when I completed it I didn't get the trophy. How long did it take you to get one?

Really? How odd. Mine would just come up whenever I switched areas or advanced time. If anything they would keep showing up when I didn't want them to. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask if you're signed on PSN when playing? It sounds like you've only gotten someone on your friends list when I was getting people that weren't on my friends list. I'm not sure if it matters if you need a WBPlay account since I don't think I have one. 

Really? How odd. Mine would just come up whenever I switched areas or advanced time. If anything they would keep showing up when I didn't want them to. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask if you're signed on PSN when playing? It sounds like you've only gotten someone on your friends list when I was getting people that weren't on my friends list. I'm not sure if it matters if you need a WBPlay account since I don't think I have one. 

I am signed on to PSN and I actually have a WB account, I'm not sure what else to do...

I am signed on to PSN and I actually have a WB account, I'm not sure what else to do...

I don't either. They must have changed something for it in a patch since after looking it up others are having the same problem. Most of which are from mid-October to December.

I'm not sure what else to say except keep trying and if it doesn't work then maybe start a new game since it's the last one you need? Sorry :/

I don't either. They must have changed something for it in a patch since after looking it up others are having the same problem. Most of which are from mid-October to December.

I'm not sure what else to say except keep trying and if it doesn't work then maybe start a new game since it's the last one you need? Sorry :/

Alright :/, thanks for your help!

• 3 weeks later...

The best I can recommend is have multiple people who play the game or have died on the game on your friends list.

I've got 6 friends who've played Shadow of Mordor but I've only ever seen the same 2 friends appear for a Vendetta Mission.

Perhaps not the best solution, or even a solution, but the more people you have on your list who've played the game the more chances there are for a Vendetta Mission to appear.

Edit: I've recently acquired the platinum for this game so I can at least confirm it's not unobtainable at the moment.

Edit2: By all means, if you want to add me on the PSN do go ahead. I'll jump onto the game and get myself killed a few times for you. (I'll be home/on roughly 7 hours from now)

Edit3: 05/07/2015 - Apologies all, I no longer have Shadow of Mordor installed on my PS4 so I won't be able to help with Vendetta requests anymore!

Edited by Takara

I've only seen 2 vendeta missions in my entire playthrough of the main game and the DLC. I knew it was a trophy, so I grabbed the first one available. It's seems a lot rarer than it should be. I'm sure there's more than 2 people dying by captains in about 50 hours...

I guess the problem may lie in the fact that there are so many captain possibilities. Every normal uruk that kills you becomes a captain. So I guess to be able to get a vendetta mission, you need to have the uruk captain (that killed a player somewhere in the world) alive in your game for it to show up. You can try killing a bunch of captains, then get killed by normal Uruks a couple of times to get new captains on Sauron's army.

This page lists 102 names and 173 titles, giving a whopping total of 17,646 possible captains. If it actually works like you need the exact name/title combination on both your game and someone else's game AND they need to be killed by that specific captain, I can see why this trophy could give a huge headache.

This page lists 102 names and 173 titles, giving a whopping total of 17,646 possible captains. If it actually works like you need the exact name/title combination on both your game and someone else's game AND they need to be killed by that specific captain, I can see why this trophy could give a huge headache.

As horrible as it sounds, I think you might of hit the nail on the head. You can only avenge a fallen ally / friend if you find that 'specific' captain. Perhaps it's more luck than anything else - but having more friends who play the game (or have died in the game should I say) exponentially increases your chances of finding a Vendetta captain.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got my Vendetta trophy a few days ago. I do not have any personal friends who play this game. As soon as I beat the Gollum story line was the first time a Vendetta mission appeared on the map. The person listed as dead is someone I do not know and is not on my friend's list. I went to the mission, started it, killed the captain and the trophy popped before the slow-down action finished of my final killing blow on the captain.

• 1 year later...

I'm bumping this again because looking back at this I realized that I really want this plat, so I'm wondering if anything else has been discovered since the last post because I've tried every method that has been posted on here. Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

I've gotten a few Vendetta missions recently... I finished the campaign back when it came out, and only went and finished the DLC in the past week or two. However, in the main campaign, they occasionally pop up. Sometimes it's been changing areas, sometimes when I die... I had two from the same ID earlier (one at a time), so it might be a combination of having captain slots available and another player dying while you're playing. Then fast travel, advance time,  or die to get the mission updates.

Vendetta mission popped up at random when I was doing Power Struggles with the Uruk Captains.

Basically someone on PSN gets killed by a Captain so they're just like hunting down Captains as usual. Once you kill him the trophy pops.

It's simple, the problem is getting the Vendetta icon to come up on the map screen at all.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: I FINALLY GOT THE STUPID THING, Utai_Namine is the one that figured it out. I guess all you have to do is keep getting intel from uruks and one will just appear for some reason.

Yeah what's that tipi need it in details pls well I m a dbz fan and watching dbs every week just waiting for blacks identity

• 6 months later...

Well, I can confirm that vendettas are not exclusive to people on your friend list, two vendettas appeared in my map yesterday. One was a friend, the other one an unknown gamer.

As someone stated above, you need to continue getting intel until the captain you unlock is someone's murderer.