tips for final boss on crushing

Run like a wind and try to keep moving all the time. I really struggled with this fight on my normal-playthrough and died like 30 times. On crushing I think I did it on my second attempt, thanks to the practice I had on normal.

• Like 1

Just keep moving, don't shoot Zoran (can't spell his other name), only the resin on the trees. Once he's stunned, then you can shoot him.

There are three fases, and you'll know that because of the three little cutscenes that will zoom at Zoran's face/body, the last phase is when he yells "DRAAAAKE!" and he's all bloody. At that point he will start throwing 3 grenades at once so stay away from the resin, if the grenade explodes within range of the resin and you're close to that, you will die instantly.

You can also "cheat" and activate infinite ammo/grenades in the Main Menu, Google that.

While you're running I found that some resins are easier to quickly shoot than others, or, that you can angle behind some resins for some cover and just shoot Zoran when he comes around the corner. Basically, don't try to shoot *every* resin he walks by, identify a few key ones along your path and take the same path each go around. This also helps you get some distance on him so that you can get your health back.

What I did to finally beat him is run to the area where there's this huge tree.  He'll follow you.  KEEP the tree between you and him at all times.  When he runs towards you on one side of the tree, run in the opposite direction on the other side of the tree.  There is a blue resin sack nearby this tree.  Every so often, when he runs near it as he's pursuing you, shoot it and it'll hurt him.  Do this enough times and he'll go down.  Good luck.

EDIT:  Reading the comments above, I was reminded of his habit to lob grenades at you.  Using the method I used and described above, if I remember correctly he won't lob grenades at you because you're staying too close to him.  He only throws grenades when you're running away from him and there's plenty of space between you and him.  By staying close to the one area with the tree and just circling that large tree, you're always fairly close to him that he won't throw grenades.

Edited by Spider-Man916

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What I did was run in a big circle get some distant with like 2-3 trees between us & catch him with the resin while he walks, after he start yelling thats when I know he will start running at me so & thats when its time to blind fire & run! Once the grenades started to get thrown I noticed every time you hit him he increases the grenade count so that when I stayed close to him & catch him! My biggest mistake was always jumping off a cliff trying to get away smh!

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

There's a tree with resin growing in it, and also resin off to the side of it. If you're quick you can just get into a cat and mouse game with the boss and they'll either walk or run around the tree to try to shoot at you; just be mindful and peek at them through the slits in the tree to know which direction to run.

This method worked for me on hard, and I'll let you know how it goes when I get there on crushing. GL. :)

There's a spot down by the lake in the middle where you can just stand and glitch him. He won't attack you if you stand between him and one of the sap sacs, because if he did so he'd be dazing himself, so his AI won't allow it. You just have to wait for the sac to regenerate, shoot it when it does, punch him for a while, then repeat. 

Occasionally you will need to reposition yourself, as he will still try to melee you from time to time. After these sequences, you might not be stood between him and the sac anymore. 

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/17/2015 at 11:55 PM, Juzota said:

Run like a wind and try to keep moving all the time. I really struggled with this fight on my normal-playthrough and died like 30 times. On crushing I think I did it on my second attempt, thanks to the practice I had on normal.

died like 20 times on hard... first try on crushing i got it... talk about weird shit... xD

There's a glitch that you can use to your advantage. There is a large slab of rock that Nate can climb but Lazarevich cannot. He will continuous walk left and right in front in front, and none of his bombs can reach Nate. Very easy to exploit and kill him using this.