An AAA title with no trophies ?

Dragon-Of-MSoft

That's correct. The Legend of Spyro : Dawn of the Dragon don't have trophy support cause it was launched in a time where trophies where rather an option than a obrigation to include in a game.

I also have some games that doesn't have trophies because they were launched in the first years of ps3 like DMC 4, Resistance Fall of Man (launch title), Afro Samurai and some others.

There are no trophies for any PS1 or PS2 classic on the PS Store, so why would there be any for this game?

He's talking about the Legend of Spyro : Dawn of the Dragon. That one was launch as a PS3 game in 2008 and also in the PS2.

Edited by Jiaho24
  • Like 1

As of 2009 trophies became present in all PS releases, but before 2009 most developpers didn't bother

Some games were patched, some games were re-released and some games never got trophy support.

Example: The Darkness was never patched, but games like Uncharted 1 was patched and re-released in various bundles with trophy support.

So all games before 2009 might have no trophy support.

This goes for all PS one/two games, unless they are HD collection, but then again they were released after 2009 so it counts now.

Edited by Mr_Freaker

Trophies became mandatory at the end of 2008/start of 2009. Anything released prior to that has no trophies, unless the developers added them with a patch (like Uncharted 1 and Star Wars The Force Unleashed). 

As of 2009 trophies became present in all PS releases, but before 2009 most developpers didn't bother

Some games were patched, some games were re-released and some games never got trophy support.

Example: The Darkness was never patched, but games like Uncharted 1 was patched and re-released in various bundles with trophy support.

This goes for all PS one/two games, unless they are HD collection, but then again they were released after 2009 so it counts now.

And you beat me to it  :shakefist:

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

Trophies became mandatory at the end of 2008/start of 2009. Anything released prior to that has no trophies, unless the developers added them with a patch (like Uncharted 1 and Star Wars The Force Unleashed).

And you beat me to it  :shakefist:

Didn't know that Uncharted 1 didn't had trophies on release. I played it with a bundle of ps3 together with Resistance Fall of Man.

Didn't know that Uncharted 1 didn't had trophies on release. I played it with a bundle of ps3 together with Resistance Fall of Man.

Uncharted 1 had an ingame Medal system, so the developers linked them to the trophies. At the time it was a great thing: an amazing game combined with trophies. which is also the reason one of the first trophies I got was for collecting 40 or so treasures :giggle: . After that all the physical copies already had a trophy set.

DMC4 doesn't have trophies, but it has achievements on Xbox 360...

See quotes below:

X360 had achievements before PS3 had trophies. Games like AC1 and COD4 have achievements on X360 but have no trophies on PS3 simply because at the time of their release achievements existed but trophies did not and they did not wanted to patch the PS3 version.

Yeah this always anoyed me, since these games have achievements a simple patch shouldnt be hard, right? Anywho, the annoyance stems from playing Eternal Sonata on 360, loosing my account, starting again on PS3 and then going back to a new 360 for the achievements.

Yeah this always anoyed me, since these games have achievements a simple patch shouldnt be hard, right?

I'm sure I read somewhere that some earlier games couldn't have a patch to implement trophies. Something to do with the way the games were coded at the time. I wish I could remember the details, or even where I read the article so I could link it. That could be the reason why some of the more popular games didn't get a patch even though there were Xbox 360 achievements already.

If games like Resistance, Ratchet & Clank ToD, Assassin's Creed and DMC4 didn't warrant a patch, I doubt a smaller title like Spyro would get one.

Even with the success of Skylander's didn't warranted a patch for Spyro.

I never said or expected the game to get one, it'd just be nice. All those games are worthy of a trophy patch imo, it's up to the developers as opposed to whether they 'warrant' one.

Yeah this always anoyed me, since these games have achievements a simple patch shouldnt be hard, right? Anywho, the annoyance stems from playing Eternal Sonata on 360, loosing my account, starting again on PS3 and then going back to a new 360 for the achievements.

Yep, this is why Eternal Sonata keeps getting pushed further and further down my backlog pile.

If it had trophies, I'd probably play it when I'm done with Symphonia.

Agreed. My friend got me this as a b-day present since the back of the box said trophies... Ever had a box lie to me as much as that one.

Now that I went around the topic, I agree with what people said. Trophy support wasn't included in early PS3 games and not many of them got patched. Even some digital games don't have trophies for some reason (Dust 514, I'm thinking of you)

For what it's worth, it's not that the developers "didn't bother" before 2009.  Trophies didn't exist, it wasn't a feature of the Playstation yet.  There was nothing for the developers to implement. :)

For what it's worth, it's not that the developers "didn't bother" before 2009.  Trophies didn't exist, it wasn't a feature of the Playstation yet.  There was nothing for the developers to implement. :)

Trophies first appeared with the 2.40 update on 2nd July 2008, but didn't become mandatory until Jan 2009.

• Like 1

I'm sure I read somewhere that some earlier games couldn't have a patch to implement trophies. Something to do with the way the games were coded at the time. I wish I could remember the details, or even where I read the article so I could link it. That could be the reason why some of the more popular games didn't get a patch even though there were Xbox 360 achievements already.

Hmm, and here I thought A simple patch could fix it. See, that's why I havent been hired as a developer, well that and the zero experience I have with game development.

Yep, this is why Eternal Sonata keeps getting pushed further and further down my backlog pile.

You should really give the game a chance, even without trophies the game deserves a play. ooh that and Valkyria Chronicles.

• Like 1

Same for me... I have so many RPGs in my backlog, Eternal Sonata probably won't ever be played. :(