The trophy list is a joke?

SuffyZorugelion

Why would it be a joke? Their are trophies dealing with specific actions to be completed, weapons to be used items to be collected, just like any FPS game... However, the odd thing is that there are no trophy related to difficulty (you might be able to finish the game in casual mode for instance). All in all, the trophy list reminds me of the Bioshock games.

I´m happy and a bit disappointed at the same time... I mean, yeah, cool, the trophies do look like a walk in the park and that makes me actually happy, but at the same time I have a feeling that brilliant games shouldn´t have a trophy list that easy. I think The Evil Within, RDR and other games are good examples for what I mean.

I mean, you could actually earn the plat on easy difficulty lol...

If that's your concern you can play the game on the hardest difficulty setting. You don't have to play on easy if you don't want to.

I may actually get the game now, as I'm somewhat interested in the setting and the story etc, so if it's a fun little ride and doesn't require more of me, as I'm not really into these kind of shooter games usually, I may actually get this, though at a reduced price.

• Like 1

Interesting approach, but worth noting, the developers make their games on artistic merit and gameplay enjoyability. The trophy list is the last thing to fall into place. It looks like they didn't bother too much with the traditional trophy structure. But to be fair, who really cares, it will be an easy plat which will enable you to focus on the actual important aspects, y'know, like the game itself.

Also lol at the people throwing their toys out of their prams and losing interest because of the trophy structure. Here is a thought, play the game and enjoy it. Then think about how lame the trophy list is to you. I get that trophy hunting is important and admirable, but to react negatively to a game before we have seen it in all its glory, based purely on its trophy list is pure insanity.

• Like 3

I´m happy and a bit disappointed at the same time... I mean, yeah, cool, the trophies do look like a walk in the park and that makes me actually happy, but at the same time I have a feeling that brilliant games shouldn´t have a trophy list that easy. I think The Evil Within, RDR and other games are good examples for what I mean.

I mean, you could actually earn the plat on easy difficulty lol...

How do you know if the game is "brilliant" yet?

It looks nice visually, but all the previews I've seen suggest there's not much of a "game" behind the pretty veneer.

I'm awaiting reviews, personally. Watch_Dogs and AC: Unity stung me too hard last year for me to get into the hype around this game. That, or I've finally become old and cynical.

Exactly. TLoU had 25 trophies including platinum but had a bunch of DLC trophies. I think this is going to be the same.

I agreed with everything up until I read this.  If this is the case then fuck that.  I'm not in the market to be buying half-assed games at full price and loads of DLC. 

No. However, if that's not the case, then I don't care about how easy or tough it is.  There are plenty of other games to cathc my interest for difficulty.

EDIT: However, I forgot to mention that trophies don't and shouldn't dictate whether or not you play a game.  It's a nice bonus, but if the game is great then GREAT!  I'll play it. 

Edited by daftprophet

I was on the fence about this game but I might pick it up now after release with the trophies looking easy. This looks like they're gonna pile on dlc trophies later though. Always wary of short lists with lots of silvers and golds in comparison to bronze. Driveclub was the same and every time I start it up now another dlc pack appears on the list

I agreed with everything up until I read this.  If this is the case then fuck that.  I'm not in the market to be buying half-assed games at full price and loads of DLC. 

No. However, if that's not the case, then I don't care about how easy or tough it is.  There are plenty of other games to cathc my interest for difficulty.

EDIT: However, I forgot to mention that trophies don't and shouldn't dictate whether or not you play a game.  It's a nice bonus, but if the game is great then GREAT!  I'll play it. 

I totally agree with you. I just have a feeling this is what they might do. We shouldn't be paying extra for content that was supposed to be in the full game.

• Like 1

22 trophies?

Difficult or not, aren't those way too few for a brand new super duper """"triple A"""" game?

Though they are few, the trophy value sums up to a regular game with bronze nd silver and gold. The same with TLOU, it had few trophies.

But its all about enjoying the game, I dont think its worth making the trophies too hard and very challenging. Im sure there are a lot of ppl who see the trophy list and get the game to play. Some ppl will definitely be put off with some very hard grinding trophies. Farming for trophies is the worst part. I wud rather play the game and get rewarded with a trophy than farming for a trophy and restarting and etc. 

You know it crossed my mind that maybe some of the collectibles are only available in certain difficulty modes. It wouldn't be the first game to do something like that, for example MGS2 (dog tags), Daganronpa, Black, etc.

I mean it's still doubtful, but you never know.

• Like 1

Hey, I'm all for having bunch of silver and gold trophies, and also only 22 total w/ the platinum, as long as the game isn't too short. Some games (like Arkham City) have trophies relating to points in the story and getting to them; others (like The Last of Us) only have a few story related progress trophies; in the case of TLoU, they are all beating the game, but on different difficulties. If the latter is what The Order is doing (or something similar), I'm fine with that. As long as I get a solid game that isn't too short, I'm good. 

Edit: Better wording of the post :P

Edited by StormRacer872