The trophy list is a joke?

SuffyZorugelion

Oh well.. I was surprised the list was so short/that there are no bronze trophies but I don't mind.

And I seriously don't understand why this seems to be such a big deal for so many people? Someone mentioned the game probably sells better with an easy trophy list or something along those lines if I read that right and I'm wondering:

is this (meaning the trophy list) really a buying creteria?!

I mostly buy/play games because it belongs to a series I enjoy and I want to continue, because it's a game that looks interesting/fun/whatever. Maybe it's a game someone else played and recommended it. But I have never said something like "I don't want to buy the game because the trophy list is too short/too easy/too hard/there's too much DLCs".

There would be games I would have never bought or started if that was one of my buying creterias.

I just hope the game will be great because I've been waiting for this so long and since Europe doesn't have a 'nice' collectors edition, I ordered the game from the US. If it's a good game I don't even mind if they add DLC in the future as long as it's no multiplayer stuff because I prefer to play single player games. And even if they did, I probably would try it out whether I enjoy it in the end or not.

Besides: all those collectible trophies, we don't know if we can get them in one playthrough. I remember you needed certain weapons in DmC to unlock areas with lost souls etc. and wasn't it the same with Alien Isolation (I haven't played it so far)? There were doors you could only open with a certain tool and you had to travel back to the beginning in order to find everything or something? It might not be like this with The Order, who knows but well. Let's wait and see.

Edited by Tsukimori_Madoka

It makes me laugh when I see people saying trophies don't matter and that it's a nice bonus. Like really do you forget what kind of site this is. It's a trophy website, where most people here do care about the difficulty of the list. We have boosting sessions, guides, and leaderbords all for those trophies. I think its part of the game it's self now. I would call getting a poster of the game when you buy a bonus.  

• 3 weeks later...

The game is to beautiful to just speed run it! I took 3 hours alone just looking around in chapter 1! You people don't get the Victorian Era!! Its a sad and wonderful time in itself!!! The horrors the beauty its just wonderful to live this!! And the clothes is spot on this is what I was looking at the most!! I own Victorian clothes! Its pretty much what I wear all the time!! And the Davenport Frock Coat in the first chapter is SPOT on!!!! If you people don't know which one its the lady saying do you know who my husband is!! But you would never know you don't know history of this era in time!! this game was made for me!!!

• Like 2

The game is to beautiful to just speed run it! I took 3 hours alone just looking around in chapter 1! You people don't get the Victorian Era!! Its a sad and wonderful time in itself!!! The horrors the beauty its just wonderful to live this!! And the clothes is spot on this is what I was looking at the most!! I own Victorian clothes! Its pretty much what I wear all the time!! And the Davenport Frock Coat in the first chapter is SPOT on!!!! If you people don't know which one its the lady saying do you know who my husband is!! But you would never know you don't know history of this era in time!! this game was made for me!!!

Damn, that's a lot of !!!'s !

:)

• Like 1

Yes, they made this game just for you. Not anyone else could understand it. I wonder when someone makes a game just for me...

Yes, and the American spelling really adds to the English authenticity doesn't it ? Along with characters calling out "incoming" when you throw a grenade - pretty sure nobody in the Victorian era used language in that way. The scenery is very good I must admit, but in all other areas this game is a fail.

I was also a bit shocked n disappointed with the game play duration..(finished mine in under 6 hours), will replay chapters to mop up the remaining trophies.

But what intrigued me was the graphics, the fluidity of combat n of course the story line (chuckled a bit when seeing the Thomas Edison and Sherlock Holmes reference inside) n the ending paves the way for a second coming.

All aside, if RAD is smart they must start pushing out DLCs to compensate the main game time, maybe side stories or challenges just to make it worth my time to put back the disc into my console.

Considering how short I've heard this game is, I might put this in my to-rent list. Don't want to pay $120 NZD for a short game :/ But either way, it will be a game I play eventually, no doubt.

As for the trophies, I don't really mind that the list is small and they look easy. The trophies seem to not require much attention to get, so the less attention on trophies - the more attention in actually enjoying what the game has to offer ^-^ 

• 4 months later...

The trophies are easy, however I can't even be bothered getting platinum, almost all of the others appeared without even trying. It's a nice looking game like Ryse is nice looking on the XB1, it's also about as exciting to play.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...