[SPOILERS] I think I missed the bonus dungeon?

SolsVGR

Let me preface this by saying this is my first playthrough of ANY Shin Megami Tensei game so I'm very new to almost all of the gameplay and mechanics it has.

I'm currently on December 14th, 67 hours into my playthrough, and am on the boss fight of Magatsu Inaba (Adachi/Ameno-Sagiri). I think I need to grind a little before beating him (I'm level 67 and am having a hard time beating Ameno-Sagiri) but that's not the purpose of this post.

I'm currently Rank 5 with Marie, and I didn't know that I had to max out her s. link before the end of december to get the next dungeon. My question is do I have time (preferably without missing the Christmas scene) to max her s. link out?

If not, I have a previous save file (December 5th, lvl61, Marie rank 4) with no progress on Magatsu Inaba. Is it worth it to reload that save and attempt to max out her s. link (and also beat the dungeon) or should I just go for it in a NG+? I was planning on playing through Persona 3 after beating this, so I'm not super happy about playing through the whole game again, but from what I hear you can switch the difficulty around as you please, which should make the dungeons much much faster.

I'm honestly a little pissed about this. I barely ever use a guide on games, and there was no indication that I would need to max out her s. link before the end of December. But oh well, I guess it's too late now.

Any help would be appreciated.

If I remember correctly, Marie should be available every day in December until 12/23, so theoretically, you might be able to make it (it'll be very tight, though). That said however, you need to beat the game at least twice if you want the Platinum, so a second playthrough is kind of inevitable if you have trophies in mind (it goes by a LOT faster though, if that helps you feel better).

Thank you for confirming Marie's availability. And while a platinum would be nice, I don't see myself getting it because of the two trophies "Hardcore Risette Fan" and the one where you have to complete the compendium.

Thank you very much! My save on 12/14 was in the TV, so I'm using 12/14 to grind and then I'm gonna try to max out Marie by 12/21 by hanging out with her every day and doing the shrine fortunes at night if possible. If I don't make it I guess I'll just have to fight the boss on 12/22 and do it in a new game plus :(

Wish me luck!

Reload.

Reload for sure. Marie certainly IS available everyday in December but she needs 2 encounters for each rank up (provided you always choose the correct answer, if you do not it may be even more).

Thank you for confirming Marie's availability. And while a platinum would be nice, I don't see myself getting it because of the two trophies "Hardcore Risette Fan" and the one where you have to complete the compendium.

Compendium completion is very easy. You just need a good amount of money.

Risette trophy can be intimidating but if you follow guides, it isn't something that cannot be done.

Risette fan is annoying but certainly doable.

For me though I got all the social stuff on my second playthrough as I just wanted to enjoy the game and not have to worry about all that stuff.

If you don't get the dungeon make sure to at least play through again for it. Marie's is one of the saddest stories in the game and is definitely worth checking out

*breathes sigh of relief* THANK GOD.

I made it. And I have 0 spare time.

So here's how it went down:

12/14:

Day: Grinded to about level 72, but kept my save in case I wanted to go back and grind more and then just redo the Marie social events

Night: Sleep

12/15: 

Day: Spent time with Marie

Night: Drew a fortune about Marie

12/16:

Day: Spent time with Marie (Rank up to 6)

12/17:

Day: Spent time with Marie (Rank up to 7)

12/18:

Day: Spent time with Marie (Rank up to 8)

12/19:

Day: Spent time with Marie (Rank up to 9)

12/20:

12/21:

Day: Spent time with Marie (Rank up to 10)

Now on the 22nd I'm off to fight Ameno-Sagiri and finish this freaking dungeon. 

Thanks to everyone who responded! I really appreciate all of the help. I'm super happy that I managed to make it.

Let me preface this by saying this is my first playthrough of ANY Shin Megami Tensei game so I'm very new to almost all of the gameplay and mechanics it has.

I'm currently on December 14th, 67 hours into my playthrough, and am on the boss fight of Magatsu Inaba (Adachi/Ameno-Sagiri). I think I need to grind a little before beating him (I'm level 67 and am having a hard time beating Ameno-Sagiri) but that's not the purpose of this post.

I'm currently Rank 5 with Marie, and I didn't know that I had to max out her s. link before the end of december to get the next dungeon. My question is do I have time (preferably without missing the Christmas scene) to max her s. link out?

If not, I have a previous save file (December 5th, lvl61, Marie rank 4) with no progress on Magatsu Inaba. Is it worth it to reload that save and attempt to max out her s. link (and also beat the dungeon) or should I just go for it in a NG+? I was planning on playing through Persona 3 after beating this, so I'm not super happy about playing through the whole game again, but from what I hear you can switch the difficulty around as you please, which should make the dungeons much much faster.

I'm honestly a little pissed about this. I barely ever use a guide on games, and there was no indication that I would need to max out her s. link before the end of December. But oh well, I guess it's too late now.

Any help would be appreciated.

No you don't have time if you beat the boss. The games skips forward after that. Beat the boss on 23rd December and use every other day to max out Marie's Social Link. After that the dungeon will unlock somewhere in February and you must complete it that day or else it'll be gone.

*breathes sigh of relief* THANK GOD.

I made it. And I have 0 spare time.

So here's how it went down:

12/14:

Day: Grinded to about level 72, but kept my save in case I wanted to go back and grind more and then just redo the Marie social events

Night: Sleep

12/15: 

12/16:

Day: Spent time with Marie (Rank up to 6)

12/17:

Day: Spent time with Marie (Rank up to 7)

12/18:

Day: Spent time with Marie (Rank up to 8)

12/19:

Day: Spent time with Marie (Rank up to 9)

12/20:

12/21:

Day: Spent time with Marie (Rank up to 10)

Now on the 22nd I'm off to fight Ameno-Sagiri and finish this freaking dungeon. 

Thanks to everyone who responded! I really appreciate all of the help. I'm super happy that I managed to make it.

Congratulations. :)

I never said anything about not using guide.

True, and he will need one unless he wants to do possibly dozens of playthroughs trying to figure out how to collect all the books along with triggering the bonus boss fight on the second+ playthrough.

The game is pretty cryptic about some things, much of which is necessary for the platinum.