Difficulty Questions

Dreakon13

First things first, the game looks amazing.  It's really hard to believe this originally came out in 2002.  Kudos to Capcom for giving such a classic game the HD treatment.  I'll have more time to play later in the week but these first few minutes have left a good impression

Now... the trophies indicate Very Easy, Easy, Normal and Hard difficulties.  How does that translate to the "climbing a mountain" and "taking a hike" difficulty selection at the beginning?  There were only three options so I assume one of them is missing.  Is there any way to make sure my Hard playthrough is my first one, or do I have to unlock it?

Not that I intend to rush through the game for trophies sake, but I can't think of a better game to start out on the hardest difficulty available.  (And just so happen to get a couple stacked trophies out of the deal). :)

First things first, the game looks amazing.  It's really hard to believe this originally came out in 2002.  Kudos to Capcom for giving such a classic game the HD treatment.  I'll have more time to play later in the week but these first few minutes have left a good impression

Now... the trophies indicate Very Easy, Easy, Normal and Hard difficulties.  How does that translate to the "climbing a mountain" and "taking a hike" difficulty selection at the beginning?  There were only three options so I assume one of them is missing.  Is there any way to make sure my Hard playthrough is my first one, or do I have to unlock it?

Not that I intend to rush through the game for trophies sake, but I can't think of a better game to start out on the hardest difficulty available.  (And just so happen to get a couple stacked trophies out of the deal). :)

Climbing a mountain is normal difficulty, Taking a hike is easy difficulty. Hard mode is unlocked when you finish the game for the first time. So you cannot start with hard mode.

Hope this answer your question.

• Like 1

I have a question since I'm getting the game to anyone who got the platinum. How hard is the Invisible Enemy mode?

It's not hard per se, since you can play that on Very Easy, but there is no auto-lock on so you'll have to manually aim to where you think the enemy is.

I have a question since I'm getting the game to anyone who got the platinum. How hard is the Invisible Enemy mode?

Play on Very Easy and you shouldn't haven any problem since there's a large amount of ammo and herbs, furthermore  the enemies are very few ;)

Edited by Cico_32

I would like to know what's the difference choosing between the two versions of Leon and Jill? Does it change anything whatsoever?

There's no Leon anywhere in the game, and if you mean if there's any difference from Chris and Jill normal clothes and the new ones from the BSAA then no, they are just skins.

I'm sorry, but I do have to point this one out, the original game came out in 1996. The remake of the original that came out on the Gamecube was the one that came out in '02.

• Like 1

Its pretty easy, you just have to do 4 playthroughs to get the plat however, which is around 12 hours if you know what you are doing... and as already answered from top to bottom it goes from normal to very easy, to unlock survivor aka hard you need to complete the game at least once with Chris or Jill.

I would like to know what's the difference choosing between the two versions of Leon and Jill? Does it change anything whatsoever?

The stories are very similar with only a few variations e.g. Chris meets Rebecca a few times while Jill meets Barry. Gameplay wise Chris has more health and starts with the lighter, Jill has more inventory slots, starts with the lock pick and arguably has more fire power as she gets weapons earlier and they better overall.

I'm sorry, but I do have to point this one out, the original game came out in 1996. The remake of the original that came out on the Gamecube was the one that came out in '02.

pretty sure Capcom would use the Gamecube remakes and build that up from there as it would be way less work, they also remade RE2/3 for Gamecube which is why I think there is a chance for a remake of RE2/3 if RE1 sells well.

Edited by Hyunyoung

pretty sure Capcom would use the Gamecube remakes and build that up from there as it would be way less work, they also remade RE2/3 for Gamecube which is why I think there is a chance for a remake of RE2/3 if RE1 sells well.

They never remade 2 and 3, they just ported them over. Next in line will be Zero, Capcom kinda spoiled it already on their own website. If we're lucky they'll finally remake 2/3, but it's Capcom, too much work for them to bother so don't hold your breath for that.