Is This Worth Getting?

leonhardyhardy

I was wondering if L.A Noire is worth getting & does it have a good trophy list.

I really loved it, but then I love detective stuff from that era. I think that if you like it to, the chances are much higher that you'll enjoy this game. The trophy list is straightforward, but I seem to remember that there is one involving car collection that was a bit of a pain in the ass to get. 

If you like the 40s/50s, police investigations/interrogations, freeroam gameplay (or all of the above), you'll find a lot to like in the game.  The interrogation system is pretty fantastic in my opinion, and my favourite part of the game.  I love trying to read people's faces and watching their body language.

Above all, the game is dead cheap now.  There's no reason not to get it if you're interested in the game. :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched a playthrough by someone named 'TheMediaCows' of LA Noire right on the day it was initially released. I was turned off not just for the slower gameplay style but also because every other character seemed to be a jerk or a whiny person. Fast forward to 2013 when I bought the game (including all the DLC), I enjoyed it much more so. This is the kind of game that takes a while to get sinked into, but once that happens it's hard to let go. Sadly for various reasons I had to stop playing on my PS3 for awhile which is why I haven't gotten far into the game.

Just started playing again last night and I'm on the first Traffic detective case. It's definitely worth a purchase and it's a real tragedy that Team Bondi no longer exists. I have to wonder if we'll ever see a sequel. If it takes place in the 1950s during the height of the Red Scare and McCarthy hearings I'd be ecstatic. Hollywood historically had a lot of problems regarding people who were seen as Communist, I think the developers could add a story twist to what happened in the early-mid 1950s and go from there. The noire genre was still around in the 1950s, but for the most part it ended when spy movies and surfing became the trends in the early 1960s.

• 5 weeks later...