Thoughts on trophies?

skiptracing

The only really really missable ones are the bee chant and oh rusty anchor. The rest should be fairly obvious, although it took me a minute to remember the "hey that's not funny" one too. That one and the moon require you to press square, which is off from pretty much everything else in the game. I knew how and where to get them, but it wasn't immediately obvious not to just press x.

I have never played this game but from what I've read in this forum, it must be really good! I am shocked that this game has a platinum! The trophies don't look too hard, which is nice.

I have had SO many people tell me what a great game this is, yet I have never heard of it in my years of gaming. (small world, I guess  :huh: ) I can't wait to try this game out!

Just finished the game a few seconds ago and it was amazing! My boyfriend played the original one and told me about the Tank trophy since I didn't realize it at first.. Oh my god though.. that trophy is kinda annoying, like in some parts it takes a few tries to get Manny in the right spot x.x But there are a few trophies I'm puzzled on what to do for them.. I'll figure it out eventually.. 90% out of 100% so far so I'm close lol.

I don't like these trophies a single bit.

Setting aside the 4 chapter related trophies and the tank control trophy (which is also extremely lame), all the trophies are about specific conversation paths with specific characters.

Boring.

I expected trophies about solving puzzle/situations, not for chatting my teeth around.

The tank control trophy is not me. Tank controls are imo simply not fun and I couldn't be bothered to play through the entire game with tank controls. So I'm only missing the tank control troply for a platinum, but that's the way it's going to be.

The tank control trophy is not me. Tank controls are imo simply not fun and I couldn't be bothered to play through the entire game with tank controls. So I'm only missing the tank control troply for a platinum, but that's the way it's going to be.

I find it nice that some don't care about the trophies and just play for the fun. You shouldn't go for a trophy if you feel it will take the fun away.

Do what you want, but that's the original controls, and how it was meant to be played. You get used to using it.

Do what you want, but that's the original controls, and how it was meant to be played. You get used to using it.

Great description for The Right Way trophy - "Tim demanded this trophy." xD

It appears Tim Schafer wanted everyone to know what was it like to control Manny  in the original game. It's not a big deal but kinda part of games this old. I wouldn't enjoy Doom/Doom II with Modern Warfare graphics lol.

I loved the game, first time I got to experience it. As for the trophies, the tank controls were silly, but it never inhibited my ability to play the game. Other than that, I think the other trophies had to be what they were, because dialogue and simple actions like scaring the pigeons with Robert Frost are really the only extra things in the game. If they hadn't chosen these trophies, everything would have been story-related and people would have complained like they do with the Walking Dead. One of my favorite things about trophy hunting is giving me extra incentive to see everything there is in a game, and I wouldn't have known about some of these really funny conversations if I wasn't seeking them out.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

It wasn't THAT bad. You get used to them after awhile. 

• 4 months later...

I don't like these trophies a single bit.Setting aside the 4 chapter related trophies and the tank control trophy (which is also extremely lame), all the trophies are about specific conversation paths with specific characters.Boring.I expected trophies about solving puzzle/situations, not for chatting my teeth around.

Agreed (although with puzzles that are these absurd, I would have been disappointed anyway).

LMAO at people that call this a classic. I swear that Tim Schafer is the Lane Kiffin of game development. How he keeps fooling people into thinking these mediocrities are profound, I'll never know. At least it wasn't Brutal Legend. But GOTY? Just...LMAO.

Oh well - except for the stupid rusty anchor and bee songs, you could blaze through every conversation, so a free plat for 5 hours of boredom isn't the worst thing.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

I was surprised just how many there are..

Also, I guess linked, I was surprised at how long the game is too.  I've never played it before, so it's a real bonus (to me) that it's not another game that can be completed over a weekend and then be wondering what to play next.  (: