Speedrun Times

MMDE

• 1 year later...

I finished the story and now I'll have to reduce my overall time for 36 minutes :lol: I'd be happy to see more people sharing their times. I'm gonna share my times when I've bettered a little bit.

Edit:

00:20:16 - RAPTURE FARMS: 
00:16:57 - STOCKYARDS
00:03:36 - MONSAIC LINES
00:11:25 - PARAMONIA
00:16:23 - PARAMONIAN TEMPLE
00:02:28 - PARAMONIAN NESTS
00:14:13 - SCRABANIA
00:24:26 - SCRABANIAN TEMPLE
00:03:10 - SCRABANIAN NESTS
00:04:28 - FREE-FIRE ZONE
00:24:01 - ZULAG 1
00:11:20 - ZULAG 2
00:13:38 - ZULAG 3
00:09:30 - ZULAG 4
00:02:13 - BOARDROOM
02:58:04 - Total Time

It's not enough. People who had problems with the trophy popping recommended completing Zulag 4 again, didn't work for me. I still have a few pretty bad times and apparently I have to do better on all the levels.

Edit: Popped to me as I improved Scrabania. I also noticed that overall time doesn't always update on the in-game leaderboards once you improve a level time. I used this to be up-to-date:

http://www.grun1.com/utils/timeCalc.html

Edited by Sikatiiker
  • Like 1

00:11:46 - PARAMONIA

00:16:23 - PARAMONIAN TEMPLE
00:29:56 - SCRABANIA
00:24:26 - SCRABANIAN TEMPLE
00:24:01 - ZULAG 1
00:13:38 - ZULAG 3

Remember, you need to rescue every Mudokons when you replay the levels. VERY IMPORTANT!!

I'd definitely try to do those a minute or so better. Should be pretty easy. I'd do it in that order.

If you still need more time, you may want to try to improve:

I got 12:11 on this one, so you got like almost 18 minutes improvement that can be done on that level!!

Okay? =)

I can't stress it enough, when you replay the levels, make sure you save them all!!

Edited by MMDE

I did this plat recently and had a similar problem, my total time was 2 hours and 58 minutes (according to the save file time) when I did the last section (I didn't needed to replay any section for this time and the trophy didn't unlocked).

After that I replayed the Scarabian nest section, since it was 1 of the shortest ones and the trophy unlocked when I completed it.. also when I completed it I lowered my previous time for this section from 2 minutes and 50 to something under 2 minutes and 10, but the save file total time still read 2 hours and 58 minutes, so I'm unsure what triggered it..

My suggestion is to replay a short levels and see what happens, if it doesn't unlock, try to beat the record on a short level (preferably that doesn't have mudokons to save..)

And all that assumes that you saved everyone on your fastest runs obviously..

Edit: And yes, I'm contradicting MMDE on when the trophy unlocks.. but that's how it worked for me.. probably when the game was released you needed to do the last section to get the trophy and they changed it with some patch (I got the plat just a few days ago). And I did it on PS4..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

If you still need more time, you may want to try to improve:

I got 12:11 on this one, so you got like almost 18 minutes improvement that can be done on that level!!

Okay? =)

I can't stress it enough, when you replay the levels, make sure you save them all!!

Yes, I saved all the mudokons on every level when replaying them. Scrabania was the one I tried again today and the trophy popped right away. I'm not sure if it depended on completing one certain level or a proper improvement to update the timer or something.

Yes, I saved all the mudokons on every level when replaying them. Scrabania was the one I tried again today and the trophy popped right away. I'm not sure if it depended on completing one certain level or a proper improvement to update the timer or something.

Nice!

At least my time stamps were useful in figuring out where you could save a lot of time! :)

Edit: And yes, I'm contradicting MMDE on when the trophy unlocks.. but that's how it worked for me.. probably when the game was released you needed to do the last section to get the trophy and they changed it with some patch (I got the plat just a few days ago). And I did it on PS4..

It may be they have changed this with a patch? I heard everywhere when I did this thread that you could only unlock it on the last level. I didn't ever really get a chance to test it, because I got it as I finished the game.

• Like 2

It may be they have changed this with a patch? I heard everywhere when I did this thread that you could only unlock it on the last level. I didn't ever really get a chance to test it, because I got it as I finished the game.

I was forced to test it because of what I said earlier (kind of panicked for a bit when I realized that I had done it in under 3 hours and didn't got the trophy after the credits.. then decided to try an easy stage to shave a few seconds and it unlock after I finish it for the first time.. was kind of surprised, since everywhere said that we always needed to replay the last stage)..

But then this wasn't the first time I run into something that didn't worked like the early FAQs said.. on ZULAG 3 (or 4) there's 2 moving mines that we are supposed to explode with a Slog to then save 7 Mudokins and all vids show both mines exploding with the Slog suicide, but with the patch they add a bug in there and only 1 mine explodes, no way around it.. making it annoying and also taking the double of the time to save the Mudokins (we need to send them in 2 groups with some timing to avoid the remaining mine).. This was mainly problematic during the 299 Mudokins hard run, since it was the first time that I tried to save them..

• 2 weeks later...

I did it in 2 hours 44 minutes but I took my time in later levels as its kinda annoying to replay levels if you die too much and my trophy didnt unlocked, same with Bad ending trophy. I played offline but then I signed into PSN replayed last level and with in both cases trophies unlocked.

• 10 months later...
26 minutes ago, MattyH16 said:

I've just started my first playthrough of Oddworld on HARD. It's good to be back after enjoying the original on PS1 :)

Are you going to do one chapter/level at a time? I mean, first do a chapter/level on hard, then speedrun it on easy? I highly recommend that. That way you got the chapter/level fresh in memory, and easy is easier! Remember to take good use the quick save/load! :)

Edited by MMDE

54 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Are you going to do one chapter/level at a time? I mean, first do a chapter/level on hard, then speedrun it on easy? I highly recommend that. That way you got the chapter/level fresh in memory, and easy is easier! Remember to take good use the quick save/load! :)

Wouldn't changing difficulties void my hard playthrough?

4 minutes ago, MattyH16 said:

Wouldn't changing difficulties void my hard playthrough?

You can have 3 saves. Just gotta back out enough in the main menu and change save or something, but should still allow you to have 3 different saves. Unlike original, this game has level select too and that quick save/load is awesome! :)

Edited by MMDE

4 minutes ago, MattyH16 said:

Yeah I just booted the game up and I see that now. So I would alternate between the two. That's not a bad idea actually!

That's what I did. Just make sure you rescue them all on both playthroughs, the hard playthrough and the easy speedrun playthrough. Most of what the difficulty does is just make it so not everything necessarily kills you instantly. Can't remember what more it does, maybe remove a hinder or two, but I can't remember, just saves you some hassle for when you just wanna get through it fast.

Edited by MMDE

On 12/02/2017 at 10:56 PM, MMDE said:

That's what I did. Just make sure you rescue them all on both playthroughs, the hard playthrough and the easy speedrun playthrough. Most of what the difficulty does is just make it so not everything necessarily kills you instantly. Can't remember what more it does, maybe remove a hinder or two, but I can't remember, just saves you some hassle for when you just wanna get through it fast.

I have a question: Let's say I do a speedrun and I get a time of 3 hours 10 minutes. Can I go back with chapter select and replay individual levels like the Paramite temple for example, get a faster time and that will update my speedrun time to let's say 2 hours 55 minutes, would that count and pop the trophy?

8 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

I have a question: Let's say I do a speedrun and I get a time of 3 hours 10 minutes. Can I go back with chapter select and replay individual levels like the Paramite temple for example, get a faster time and that will update my speedrun time to let's say 2 hours 55 minutes, would that count and pop the trophy?

Yes, you can re-run levels, but remember to free everyone when you do so. It won't say if you have done it again or not, it will just say you've done it if you've already done it, so make damn sure you don't miss any when you re-run, else it might cause you some serious headache.

It shouldn't be hard to get less than 3 hours though, I got around 2 hours and 18 mins, and I didn't replay any levels. I think I restarted a level like 3-4 times or something when I screwed up big time.

Edited by MMDE

On 25/01/2015 at 11:07 PM, MMDE said:

Just thought it would be nice if people posted their speedrun times, so people can compare and see how they are doing during their speedrunning.

00:17:06 - RAPTURE FARMS: 

00:17:30 - STOCKYARDS

00:03:45 - MONSAIC LINES

00:07:35 - PARAMONIA

00:12:49 - PARAMONIAN TEMPLE

00:01:26 - PARAMONIAN NESTS

00:12:11 - SCRABANIA

00:17:38 - SCRABANIAN TEMPLE

00:01:39 - SCRABANIAN NESTS

00:03:03 - FREE-FIRE ZONE

00:15:00 - ZULAG 1

00:08:53 - ZULAG 2

00:08:43 - ZULAG 3

00:09:06 - ZULAG 4

00:02:06 - BOARDROOM

02:18:30 - Total Time

I think I am off to a good start with my speedrun and saving everyone. My first attempt at RuptureFarms has yielded a 00:17:39 which I'm pretty happy with!

I'm really glad you put your times, it gives me a good goal to aim for, so thanks B)

Edited by MattyH16

12 minutes ago, MattyH16 said:

I think I am off to a good start with my speedrun and saving everyone. My first attempt at RuptureFarms has yielded a 00:17:39 which I'm pretty happy with :D

I'm really glad you put your times, it gives me a good goal to aim for, so thanks B)

Yeah, no problem, and that does sound like a nice start. The very first level is actually pretty comprehensive. All those mudokuns to save! :P

Some of my Zulag times were not that great, but honestly they should all be rather okay times. I think you need to do 3 mins worse than me on every single level to actually not make it in under 3 hours. I think one of my nest times were garbage too, but we're just talking seconds there, so I didn't care redo. ;p

The temple levels, those are totally worth just having done the levels on hard first, because they are rather long and more of a maze or whatever. I know I had to restart one of those at least once.

Edited by MMDE

Here are the times I achieved for my speedrun:

00:17:39 - RUPTUREFARMS

00:18:10 - STOCKYARDS

00:03:57 - MONSIAC LINES

00:07:47 - PARAMONIA

00:18:16 - PARAMONIAN TEMPLE

00:01:36 - PARAMONIAN NESTS

00:15:44 - SCRABANIA

00:22:28 - SCRABANIAN TEMPLE

00:02:12 - SCRABANIAN NESTS

00:04:27 - FIRE-FREE ZONE

00:21:53 - ZULAG 1

00:09:55 - ZULAG 2

00:14:17 - ZULAG 3

00:11:00 - ZULAG 4

00:02:59 - THE BOARDROOM

02:52:20 - My complete speedrun time

I didn't do very well in both temples and my ZULAG times could have been faster. I made huge errors towards the ends of those levels but I figured my strong times at the start of my speedrun would get me through.

Edited by MattyH16
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...

I may be late compared to others but i thought i share my Times too  ?

Rapture Farms - 00:16:44

Stockyards - 00:20:57

Monsaic Lines - 00:04:56

Paramonia - 00:03:23

Paramonian Temple - 00:15:41

Paramonian Nests - 00:01:44

Scrabania - 00:14:28

Scrabanian Temple - 00:19:56

Scrabanian Nests - 00:02:44

Free-Fire Zone - 00:07:15

Zulag 1 - 00:21:14

Zulag 2 - 00:13:05

Zulag 3 - 00:15:44

Zulag 4 - 00:12:51

Boardroom - NONE (for some reason i didn't had to do that one and it never showed a time the plat popped after zulag 4 ??‍♂️ i take it lol but it probably took like 5 minutes) 

My Total Time = 2 Hours 55 Minutes 

I'm not the best at this Game and it actually got kind of frustrating when i started back in 2014.

Back then i didn't remember anything from the PS1 and i just stopped at some point.

Then continued in 2016, i beat it and i did everything except the Speedrun Trophy.

Took another break and now i Finished it 3 Years later ?

It wasn't that hard. The fact that you can Quick Save and Quick Load makes it more accessible. 

Also for the Speedrun Trophy i recommend smashing X while running because jumping while doing so is actually faster than just normal running.

Also, if you go to the Pause Menu the Time won't continue in the Background. 

I'm saying this because Trophies related to Speedruning aren't the most "Fun" for me so i used this to my personal advantage and always took a small break in these Levels.

Also great for checking the Guide. 

For the Guide i choosed PS4Trophies from youtube.

He has a nice Voice imo and explained everything in all Levels very well it. 

Link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJ4VW1nTAWXeJ49WqcIwIpyi3fUNKen4_

Overall (still) very enjoyable after all these Years :)

Edited by Pendaemonium
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm doing the speed run just now, and my times so far have been pretty terrible, haha.  I'm just at the start of Scrabanian Temple, and I'm already 2 hours in!  I'll be lucky to finish this run in under 4 hours! 

I'm gonna have a LOT of replaying to do once I beat the game....

EDIT:  Got my time under 3 hours now:

17:41 - RUPTUREFARMS
17:28 - STOCKYARDS
04:18 - MONSAIC LINES
11:27 - PARAMONIA
14:31 - PARAMONIAN TEMPLE
02:00 - PARAMONIAN NESTS
10:31 - SCRABANIA
23:31 - SCRABANIAN TEMPLE
02:00 - SCRABANIAN NESTS
05:01 - FREE-FIRE ZONE
19:41 - ZULAG 1
11:50 - ZULAG 2
16:03 - ZULAG 3
11:06 - ZULAG 4
?:? - BOARDROOM (time does not show and also does not show that I saved the Mudokons, even though I did)

Total Time - 2 hours 47 minutes

Edited by StewartBros

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Are any of the following included in your time?:

Time spent on the pause screen

Cut scenes

Reloading the beginning of the chapter

Edited by Vitallani
Saw part of my question answered in earlier post