Plat Price & Cross Trophies?

Okay, so I've had this game since it went free back in 2011, I like it, I like it enough that I think I shall finally bother to try to platinum it.

Now, here's the problem, I have no idea about the pricing or what I need to buy to do so, so here's a few questions in no real order.

1. What do I need to buy to be able to earn trophies?

2. How long should it take to level up to level 30, as you need to do that a fair few times?

3. Will whatever I buy, really be a rental, and if I take longer than X amount of time, will I need to "buy" it again?

4. If I platinum it on PS3/4, will my trophy progress transfer with my character to the other console so I can get a second insta-plat?

5. If the answer to 4 is yes, then do I need to do it on PS3 or can PS4 saves go back to PS3?

6. If you've done the platinum, should I bother, or is it balls to the wall hard and gonna make me cry?

7. If I have multiple options for what I can buy to get trophies, what's the most fun and or easy route?

8. I'm done now, are you annoyed at counting yet?

Thanks for any help!

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

Playing through the main story should level you up to 30. How long it takes? Depends how long you're willing to play in a session and how many people you're playing with. Doing it by yourself will take a longer time.

Edit

You going for 100%?

Edited by Marvel-J-375
  • Like 1

Playing through the main story should level you up to 30.

That's great to know, grinding side missions for XP did not seem like something I'd want to do.

Also, hell no to the 100%, even if I was up for the challenge, the DLC amounts to way more money than I'm willing/able to spend.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

That's great to know, grinding side missions for XP did not seem like something I'd want to do.

Also, hell no to the 100%, even if I was up for the challenge, the DLC amounts to way more money than I'm willing/able to spend.

lol yeah i think you get trophies as soon as you buy membership. that dlc looks like hell...they release a bundle like every 3 months 

Okay, so I've had this game since it went free back in 2011, I like it, I like it enough that I think I shall finally bother to try to platinum it.

Now, here's the problem, I have no idea about the pricing or what I need to buy to do so, so here's a few questions in no real order.

2. How long should it take to level up to level 30, as you need to do that a fair few times?

3. Will whatever I buy, really be a rental, and if I take longer than X amount of time, will I need to "buy" it again?

4. If I platinum it on PS3/4, will my trophy progress transfer with my character to the other console so I can get a second insta-plat?

5. If the answer to 4 is yes, then do I need to do it on PS3 or can PS4 saves go back to PS3?

6. If you've done the platinum, should I bother, or is it balls to the wall hard and gonna make me cry?

7. If I have multiple options for what I can buy to get trophies, what's the most fun and or easy route?

Thanks for any help!

1. You need to buy a subscription. As soon as you do, any earned trophies will automatically pop.

2. It entirely depends on you and your skill level. The shortest time it's taken me, is 15 hours.

3. If you buy something from the shop, you own it forever, unless it's a single use item. If you get a subscription, you get all the expansions until your subscription is over. Subs are the best deal. Without a sub your money limit is ridiculously low, to the point where you can't buy anything. So, buying expansions individually is a bit of a waste of money, especially since they generally cost as much as a month subscription anyway, but you don't get any of the other benefits.

4. Characters are on the same server, so yes, you can just load up the PS4 version and get the plat, if you've earned the PS3 plat. You have to have an active subscription for the trophies to pop though. Also, I wouldn't suggest you do this if you care about completion. Getting just the plat in this game will destroy your completion percentage.

5. There are no saves, everything is held on the server, so it doesn't matter which system you use.

6. I haven't gotten the platinum, but I did have multiple level 30s when I played on PC. It's not difficult, it's just a little time consuming and reptitive. With the exception of just a couple of missions, every villain will be doing the same missions, and every hero will be doing the same missions. Like I said in 4, I don't think it's a good idea to just get the plat, as it will destroy your completion percentage.

7.You don't have any options.

• Like 2

1. You need to buy a subscription. As soon as you do, any earned trophies will automatically pop.

2. It entirely depends on you and your skill level. The shortest time it's taken me, is 15 hours.

3. If you buy something from the shop, you own it forever, unless it's a single use item. If you get a subscription, you get all the expansions until your subscription is over. Subs are the best deal. Without a sub your money limit is ridiculously low, to the point where you can't buy anything. So, buying expansions individually is a bit of a waste of money, especially since they generally cost as much as a month subscription anyway, but you don't get any of the other benefits.

4. Characters are on the same server, so yes, you can just load up the PS4 version and get the plat, if you've earned the PS3 plat. You have to have an active subscription for the trophies to pop though. Also, I wouldn't suggest you do this if you care about completion. Getting just the plat in this game will destroy your completion percentage.

5. There are no saves, everything is held on the server, so it doesn't matter which system you use.

6. I haven't gotten the platinum, but I did have multiple level 30s when I played on PC. It's not difficult, it's just a little time consuming and reptitive. With the exception of just a couple of missions, every villain will be doing the same missions, and every hero will be doing the same missions. Like I said in 4, I don't think it's a good idea to just get the plat, as it will destroy your completion percentage.

7.You don't have any options.

Brilliant, thanks so much for the detail. I pretty much knew all that stuff, I just really wanted some clarification and confirmation. You've been a great help. As for the completion ratio, I have so many games that I've started over the years and gotten a trophy or two in before dropping them entirely, because I rented them or borrowed them or whatever, so my ratio, I doubt I'd ever get it past 50%, I've come to terms with that.

I'll take a look at the prices in a minute and think about it, school's starting up again soon so I won't have that much time to sit around and level up over and over but I'll look into it. Thanks again! :)

• Like 1

I see you have PS+... Not sure if the following applies for Australia but for US we got the Green Lantern pack free... I believe it comes with PS+.

With that your DCUO acc should be upgraded where you get char slots for all 6 you need to play with. That way you can just meet the trophy requirements playing as free member (however long it takes), get 1 month sub, auto-pop the trophies and continue on till sub expires to get others if you want.

Please feel free to correct me anyone if I'm wrong, as I haven't checked this out yet. I have the game on my list because my brother wanted to try it, but this is my plan for the future if it works. It might destroy my completion %, but I care about the plat more. :P

Edited by DizzyDavidson

I see you have PS+... Not sure if the following applies for Australia but for US we got the Green Lantern pack free... I believe it comes with PS+.

With that your DCUO acc should be upgraded where you get char slots for all 6 you need to play with. That way you can just meet the trophy requirements playing as free member (however long it takes), get 1 month sub, auto-pop the trophies and continue on till sub expires to get others if you want.

Please feel free to correct me anyone if I'm wrong, as I haven't checked this out yet. I have the game on my list because my brother wanted to try it, but this is my plan for the future if it works. It might destroy my completion %, but I care about the plat more. :P

You can also just hide this trophy list to do everything faster xD

If we did get that, I missed it, though I download everything that has a + and Free in it's title, just in case I could use it later, like this. So you're saying progress in freezies mode carries over to trophies if you get a sub? That's good, what with the whole "I've played this thing for 3 and a bit years" thing. Awesome.

Brilliant, thanks so much for the detail. I pretty much knew all that stuff, I just really wanted some clarification and confirmation. You've been a great help. As for the completion ratio, I have so many games that I've started over the years and gotten a trophy or two in before dropping them entirely, because I rented them or borrowed them or whatever, so my ratio, I doubt I'd ever get it past 50%, I've come to terms with that.

I'll take a look at the prices in a minute and think about it, school's starting up again soon so I won't have that much time to sit around and level up over and over but I'll look into it. Thanks again! :)

No problem. You can actually get all of your characters to 30 before even having to pay for anything. Then once you get the subscription, all the trophies you've earned so far will auto-pop. I'd recommend doing that, before spending any money.

• Like 1

No problem. You can actually get all of your characters to 30 before even having to pay for anything. Then once you get the subscription, all the trophies you've earned so far will auto-pop. I'd recommend doing that, before spending any money.

I think I shall, thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for any help!

1. A subscription. You can pre-earn trophies by earning the feats in-game.

2. Under a week per character. You do not grind in this game. You target story line missions until you reach level 30. With a partner you could beat literally anything including stuff reasonably above your level range. If you missed a low level zone, feel free to go back. The experience is still valuable. Each area has missions that can be repeated once a day. Do NOT bother repeating them. Your time is better used elsewhere.

3. If you buy the DLC you keep it. You don't earn trophies from this. The subscription must be active. Warning some DLC has special powers. You will lose access to those toons created while on a subscription.

4. Yes. Technically not instant. You have to log into each character to make them pop one at a time.

5. There is no game save. Your characters are on the server. You log into the account and they will be there. 

6. Extremely easy platinum but boring. 

7. DLC goes in order of difficulty. You need to purchase in order of difficulty or you will hit grind walls. Do NOT buy the latest dlc. You will never unlock a toon powerful enough to reach it without some others.

Edited by Frozen_Guardian
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

Do the DLC trophies auto pop aswell ? That would be pretty cool, I played the game when it just came out and loved it like crazy, just stopped playing it eventually. Third pack was coming out at the time now theres 15. If I get all the dlc trophies will they auto pop from ps3 to ps4 ? And what if I play on the ps4 despite having started on the ps3, can I auto pop the trophies ill have earned on the ps4 to the ps3?