Vita Can't Connect To Wi-Fi, But Everything Else Can

BlueFireReaper

So my Vita seems to be having a problem with connecting to the internet right now. I've checked everything else - my laptop, my iPod, and even my PS3 - and all have worked fine. The first time that I tried to connect to the internet, the system said it had internet connection, but when I tried connecting online, it said that there was some DNS error. After the first time, I lost connection overall, and even after resetting the router, the access point, which I may add is only a few meters away, does not even pick up.

If anyone has some way to fix this, it would be helpful.

How's your wireless signal?

Do you know how to manually assign IP addresses and DNS entries?

Assuming it's a simple DNS error, use Google's servers - 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

If that doesn't work, setup a static IP address, assigned on your router for the Vita.

Search Google, you'll find all the info you need.

So my Vita seems to be having a problem with connecting to the internet right now. I've checked everything else - my laptop, my iPod, and even my PS3 - and all have worked fine. The first time that I tried to connect to the internet, the system said it had internet connection, but when I tried connecting online, it said that there was some DNS error. After the first time, I lost connection overall, and even after resetting the router, the access point, which I may add is only a few meters away, does not even pick up.

If anyone has some way to fix this, it would be helpful.

Mine does this every few days, all you gotta do is, power it off, turn it back on. It lame, but it works every time.

Mine does this every few days, all you gotta do is, power it off, turn it back on. It lame, but it works every time.

Same here, except that it applies to my home router. Having the same problem with my PS3. My router will occasionally not give an IP address. My computer never has this problem. If I restart the router everything works fine again.

• Like 1

I have never had a problem with my two Vitas on Wi-Fi. Nor with any of two dozen internet-connected devices.

It's your network setups at fault, not the Vita. Ignore the router's DHCP settings and manually assign IP addresses, gateways and DNS servers to your devices. You'll never have a problem with dropped connections, IP addy conflicts or failed DNS requests.

Or simply buy a better router with less flaky DHCP, a stronger wireless signal and multi-channel Wi-Fi. Putting extenders where the signal is weakest doesn't hurt either.

Or even better (though this isn't an option for Vita), use ethernet cables on a Gigabit LAN for the most solid, stable connection.

Edited by ant1th3s1s

• 6 years later...