Life is Strange demo and episode release dates

StormRacer872

Just in case anyone doesn't know about it (and because I'm super excited and want to talk about it :D) the demo for the first episode of Life is Strange comes out today Friday! I know some videos have been released recently with the first 20 minutes of gameplay, so I would assume that's going to be around what the demo offers.

The full episode also comes out Friday (January 30th), with a new one releasing every 6 weeks after that, until all 5 have been released. Assuming the episodes all release according to that schedule (so no date changes, be it sooner or later), and that "6 weeks" means 6 weeks EXACTLY (as in exactly 42 days since the last episode), then I believe the release dates should be as follows:

Ep. 2 - March 13

Ep. 3 - April 24

Ep. 4 - June 5

Ep. 5 (Final Episode) - July 17

Basically, one every month from here on out, with the exception of February and May. 

Also, I like that they're releasing the episodes on a Friday; I prefer games released on Friday's as opposed to Tuesday's, because it's the weekend and so I can afford to play them and not worry about having to do work to hand in the next day. :P

SO YEAH. WHO'S HYPED FOR THIS GAME?

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that there's gonna be a platinum trophy.   :D

Edit 2: So I may have messed up and thought that the demo was to come out today; I thought I read that somewhere, but evidently, it did not. Sorry for the confusion caused and the false hype created; trust me, I probably falsely hyped myself more than I did any of you xD

Edited by StormRacer872
  • Like 3

DAMN IT! I forgot to save money and be able to get the season pass for this game. I guess I won't be able to get it for awhile now. But luckily, I'll be able to try out the demo, and be sure whether I do want the game or not, although from what I've seen and heard of, I'm really hyped about this game.

• Like 2

Maybe there's some discrepancy in what is considered "today" due to time zones... but I'm not seeing anything Life Is Strange related in the Playstation Store, no less a demo. :(

Either way, I'm pretty psyched.  This is my kind of game.

Yea, just checked recently to at least get the download started. The sales and new content are all up except the demo lol

It's a terrible trend these episodic releases.

Not a huge fan of the episodic releases but I wouldn't call it a terrible trend.

I'm thinking I may try the demo to hype myself up, but ultimately wait for a physical copy to be released (which is hinted at on Wikipedia at least).  I'm going forward with the school of thought that, if there's a physical release, then I buy that 100% of the time.

Not a huge fan of the episodic releases but I wouldn't call it a terrible trend.

I'm thinking I may try the demo to hype myself up, but ultimately wait for a physical copy to be released (which is hinted at on Wikipedia at least).  I'm going forward with the school of thought that, if there's a physical release, then I buy that 100% of the time.

I just don't like the fact that if you like physical games, as I do, you have to wait until after everyone else, to enjoy the game.. Or buy it twice. 

I just don't like the fact that if you like physical games, as I do, you have to wait until after everyone else, to enjoy the game.. Or buy it twice. 

Can't disagree.  The pain point there being that many times you don't even know there's a physical release until a month after the final episode is released digitally.  Then you're kind of boned unless you intend to buy it again.

Edited by Dreakon13

Can't disagree.  The pain point there being that many times you don't even know there's a physical release until a month after the final episode is released digitally.  Then you're kind of boned unless you intend to buy it again.

Yeah, it does some a bit like a 'con' for want of a better word. If there's an announcement they'll release a full physical release, people can then make up their own minds on when to buy it.

Maybe there's some discrepancy in what is considered "today" due to time zones... but I'm not seeing anything Life Is Strange related in the Playstation Store, no less a demo. :(

Either way, I'm pretty psyched.  This is my kind of game.

Yea, just checked recently to at least get the download started. The sales and new content are all up except the demo lol

This was probably a mistake on my part. :( I read somewhere that the trial would be Tuesday, although it may not have been a credible source (I forget where I read it). Also, on the PS Blog, it says that Life is Strange releases Friday, but it mentions the trial in a separate section on the page and doesn't mention anything about a release date; I may have mistakenly assumed that this meant that the trial is to be released today among the other games.

That's all unfortunate, because I was really looking forward to playing it when I got home, as I'll be too pre-occupied on Friday to play it. Oh well, I suppose that's just my luck. Sorry for the confusion!

This was probably a mistake on my part. :( I read somewhere that the trial would be Tuesday, although it may not have been a credible source (I forget where I read it). Also, on the PS Blog, it says that Life is Strange releases Friday, but it mentions the trial in a separate section on the page and doesn't mention anything about a release date; I may have mistakenly assumed that this meant that the trial is to be released today among the other games.

That's all unfortunate, because I was really looking forward to playing it when I got home, as I'll be too pre-occupied on Friday to play it. Oh well, I suppose that's just my luck. Sorry for the confusion!

Just saw some new gameplay in YouTube I haven't seen before, aaaaand... I'm definitely getting the game. I think I'm gonna cancel my pre-order for Resident Evil Revelations 2, and just get Life Is Strange Season Pass instead. I mean, the 1st ep. of Revelations 2 doesn't even comes out until the end of February.

It's all good, It was pretty safe to assume we would get the trial today anyway like you said. I guess we"ll just have to wait a little bit longer.

Just saw some new gameplay in YouTube I haven't seen before

Was it this?

Only watched a little bit of it (don't want to spoil too much) but the game looks interesting.  Lip syncing is really bad though, hopefully that doesn't take away from the immersion too much.

• Like 1

Was it this?

Only watched a little bit of it (don't want to spoil too much) but the game looks interesting.  Lip syncing is really bad though, hopefully that doesn't take away from the immersion too much.

Yeah, it was that one, as well as some other video in where the creators of the game talk about the production of the game and such, and talking more about the rewind system. I saw the video you linked, but not too much, I just skipped bits and bits to see what the gameplay looks like, and how it works, etc. I didn't wanna spoil the story, so I only watched worth 2 of 3 minutes of gameplay. And you're right, I just noticed the lip syncing can be off-putting. Doesn't really bothers me, but it still somewhat bothers me. Hopefully that's the only problem the game has.

Edited by Ethan Mars

Yeah, it was that one, as well as some other video in where the creators of the game talk about the production of the game and such, and talking more about the rewind system. I saw the video you linked, but not too much, I just skipped bits and bits to see what the gameplay looks like, and how it works, etc. I didn't wanna spoil the story, so I only watched worth 2 of 3 minutes of gameplay

Same here, I'm going in blind. The rewind feature could either fail or surprise everyone.

• Like 1