So pissed off

RawrItsAndrew

Download from the psn store on your computer 

go to store and then click on ps+ download a free theme first(don't know why you have to do this) and then look in your download list and download dying light worked for me and my mates.

Edited by BIaaK_

Aaaah, the pitfalls of digital distribution. 

Waiting for a review or two myself...

Edit: I've just done some googling, and it appears as if the publishers didn't send out advance copies for review... that bodes well for their confidence in the game... 

Edited by StrickenBiged
  • Like 2

Edit: I've just done some googling, and it appears as if the publishers didn't send out advance copies for review... that bodes well for their confidence in the game... 

I myself am doing this as well I don't want to play another Destiny.

I heard the game has been plagued with problems since Techland joining up with Warner Bros. To think that the people who flawlessly published and own Batman are letting this happen to DL.

I heard the game has been plagued with problems since Techland joining up with Warner Bros. To think that the people who flawlessly published and own Batman are letting this happen to DL.

We'll see soon enough I guess. 

There's one review up on Metacritic from Cheat Central, which is very positive according to the MC score. 

I watched a bit of a Let's Play of it this morning. It looks quite dull, even at night. The Parkour seemed a little too "stop & start" too. I think people were dreaming it would be like Mirrors' Edge with zombies.

I know the reviewers I trust, and I'll await their verdicts methinks.

It has probably been pagued with problems since Techland started developing. :P

I love some hope when I saw the ad quoting pewdiepie instead of from an actual review. To make it worse it says something along the lines of "I love this game, it's soooo awesome."

Probably getting waaaay off topic by this point, but I've only ever seen 1 Pew-die-pie clip and it was in the advert for Surgeon Simulator. The clip convinced me that I would probably not enjoy watching his channel.

• Like 1

Always a bad sign when early review copies aren't sent out. I can see it being an average game. Still have a month to see if I'll keep my pre-order or not. Is it me or is it weird that it's 5GB smaller than the Resident Evil remake?

from what i see dying light is approx 1GB larger than Re

I've played for a few hours on PS4. I encountered no technical issues at all (including during download), for the record.

I believe the parkour is very well implemented, and even better, takes practice to master. The potential for very fast, fluid movement within the environment seems to be there. And it is unlike any other game I've played, even the obvious comparisons to AssCreed. Running around at night was not boring. It was panic inducing, in fact, combining stealth and caution with bursts of speed and agility while limited to the field of view revealed by a flashlight. Add in the numerous environmental traps and gadgets like the UV flashlight that one carries, there seems to be depth here as one continually adds to their arsenal.

There are a lot of skills to learn which adjust the movement and combat mechanics. So initial impressions may feel limited or awkward both due to being unpracticed and not having a complete skill set. This makes for a potentially better game, one in which there are real skills to develop that make a difference in how the game plays.

Looking forward to multiplayer. Not sure why review copies didn't go out, but lately companies seem to want their multiplayer and co-op servers populated for better first impressions. Can't blame them.

Edited by JDubs1129

Probably getting waaaay off topic by this point, but I've only ever seen 1 Pew-die-pie clip and it was in the advert for Surgeon Simulator. The clip convinced me that I would probably not enjoy watching his channel.

Definitely. I tried a couple times but all he did was screech, squeal and babble nonsense. He seems like a pretty cool guy with the charity work I've seen him do and how he treats his fanbase but he is not for me.

I've watched the gameplay videos on Gamespot and Dying Light IS Dead Island with parkour and a night cycle. Kevin Van Ord, who I usually trust, hated Dead Island, however he enjoyed Dying Light, so it's apparently an improvement.

Dying Light in fact started life as a Dead Island game until Techland had a falling out over creative differences with the publisher Deep Silver (Techland wanted to make it darker than Dead Island). Deep Silver owns the Dead Island IP, so Techland pulled a Dark Souls and simply published the game under a new name to bypass the publisher.

[edit] Gamespot review is up http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/dying-light-review/1900-6416018/. Seems about right.

Edited by ant1th3s1s

Always a bad sign when early review copies aren't sent out. I can see it being an average game. Still have a month to see if I'll keep my pre-order or not. Is it me or is it weird that it's 5GB smaller than the Resident Evil remake?

Do people actually rely on reviews for what games they should buy? I mean I just watch 5-10 mins of gameplay and I know straight away if I should buy it or not, not saying its bad or anything but surely you must miss a ton of stuff you may have enjoyed.

Do people actually rely on reviews for what games they should buy? I mean I just watch 5-10 mins of gameplay and I know straight away if I should buy it or not, not saying its bad or anything but surely you must miss a ton of stuff you may have enjoyed.

5-10 mins is pretty much the same thing I would do. Saw some of MKFireandIce walk-through and knew that I just got to get this game. However, watching 5-10 mins on certain part of the game can still lead to bad judgment.

Reviews do help inform my purchasing decisions, yes.

I read reviews on games I'm not prepared to commit to a pre-order for. For example, I have pre-ordered Bloodborne because I like what I have seen so far, trust the dev team based on their previous output, and enjoy RPGs. I was not prepared to commit in the same way to Dying Light. Everything I had seen looked pretty, but the gameplay seemed very "by the books" in all the previews, so I decided to wait for some reviews.