"Project CODE Z"(update: "Minna de Spelunker Z") PS4 exclusive teased by "Square Enix"

DarknessKey92

Article by Giuseppe Nelva 

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/01/28/new-ps4-exclusive-teased-by-square-enix-reveal-coming-on-the-31st/

ProjectCodeZ-670x423.jpg?eaa32f

Square Enix just opened a website teasing the announcement of a new PS4 exclusive game, that will be revealed at the Tokaigi Japan Game Party 2015 on January 31st.

The title displayed on the website isProject CODE Z even if it’s probably just be a code name.

The timing of the announcement matches the “new game” that was scheduled to be showcasedat 4:45 PM on Saturday, and that was previously indicated as M.S.S Project”.

The same acronym is partly reproduced in the game’s official Twitter account, which is named sqex_msz.”

Interestingly, the website showcases a few different pictures scrolling behind the see-through “Z”, showing what seem to be fantasy environments, possibly indicating a new JRPG.

In the gallery below you can see four screen captures of the website showing the four scenes.

What could it be? We’ll know on Saturday.

CodeZ1.jpg?eaa32fCodeZ5.jpg?eaa32fCodeZ4.jpg?eaa32f

CodeZ2.jpg?eaa32f

Edited by DarknessKey92
  • Like 1

Why is it called Z? Could that be some kind of a hint?

"Ich kann nichts sagen. @Zadman_: Ich hoffe, dass das kein Zombie Spiel wird. D: @jpgames_de @sqex_msz"

Sounds like they are saying it's not a zombie game, I mean it would kinda be dumb to say they hope it won't be if it is...

Edited by MMDE

As promised earlier this week, Square Enix announced its new PS4 exclusive game during a livestream from the Tokaigi: Japan Game Party at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba, near Tokyo.
The game, that was previously teased as “Project CODE Z” and it’s Minna de Spelunker Z, a new installmenbt of the classic franchise started with Spelunker 32 years ago.
The game is developed by Tozai Games and will be released in Japan quite soon, on March 19th. It will be a free to play downloadable game.

:)  Enjoy

Squeenix trolled everyone again. :P

I want to point out that in retrospect I may have been wrong that it was going to be Final Fantasy XIII: Electric Go-kart Boogaloo exactly, but was correct in assuming it was going to be something anti-climactic. 

Edited by damon8r351

If anyone want to play a "true" Spelunker remake on PS3, then you got Spelunker HD. I think the Ultimate Edition of it was just on sale, which has like 9 DLCs with trophies included. :P

I actually very much enjoying Spelunker HD, am looking forward to Spelunker Z, but it very much depends on how they are going to do this game.

Oh, and I will just have you guys know that this is a big thing in Japan, so it's no wonder you guys are disappointed after the supposed "hype". They actually released a special edition of Spelunker HD in Japan called Spelunker Black, which was basically that the entire game was dark, not just a "gimmick" of stage 61-70. :P

Edited by MMDE

My reaction to the fanbase's reactions on this site at any Square Enix announcement.

not_having_it.gif

I think I'm the only one who has been in any way positive on this forum about this, and I really don't like Square Enix. I loved SquareSoft, but never liked Square Enix, so I'm definitely not a fan.

I really like Spelunker, but I'm worried seeing it in the hands of Square Enix, and even more worried seeing it being free to play.

Spelunker is way more fitting with the tag-line "Prepare to die", than Dark Souls was. I bet they are going to make it so you pay to get extra lives if you run out of lives while playing. Probably also for extra flash light, bombs and energy etc, maybe even keys. This is very much pay to win, but you still gotta make it through the game, and if they make it so it's possible, and fairly so, to beat the game without paying for extra lives, I'm fine with it. If people want to pay to beat the game and it doesn't affect me, fine for me. I suspect Square Enix is going to mess this up though.

Edited by MMDE

I think I'm the only one who has been in any way positive on this forum about this, and I really don't like Square Enix. I loved SquareSoft, but never liked Square Enix, so I'm definitely not a fan.

I really like Spelunker, but I'm worried seeing it in the hands of Square Enix, and even more worried seeing it being free to play.

Spelunker is way more fitting with the tag-line "Prepare to die", than Dark Souls was. I bet they are going to make it so you pay to get extra lives if you run out of lives while playing. Probably also for extra flash light, bombs and energy etc, maybe even keys. This is very much pay to win, but you still gotta make it through the game, and if they make it so it's possible, and fairly so, to beat the game without paying for extra lives, I'm fine with it. If people want to pay to beat the game and it doesn't affect me, fine for me. I suspect Square Enix is going to mess this up though.

They gotta make money off of this somehow, so I wouldn't be surprised at all by that. It's just business, and I'm coming to terms with that being the reason these companies make the decisions they do whether for the better or for the worse. Regardless, it is what it is. Square Enix has grown accustomed to dropping the ball a lot on most decisions they make these days. What's another fumble gonna do?

Edited by kidhero99