1. 1. Favorite Persona Game

• Revelations Persona/Persona 1
    • Persona 2: Innocent Sin
    • Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
    • Persona 3/FES
    • Persona 4/Golden
    • Persona 4 Arena/Ultimax
    • Persona Q

Persona 4 golden. I played all persona and while they all blew my mind away, Golden is the only one that has Marie!

Awwww =D That's a very valid reason :D

Edit: Oh and, do you know why P4 is (rightly or wrongly) getting milked that much, but not P3? Because P4 is good.

While that is definitely a valid point, P4 is milked because it's more milkable with its lighter tone =)

• Like 1

LOL ok? Did I ever say P3 was aimed at weeaboos? No. Did I ever insult or call someone a weeaboo here? No. Get out.

Sorry I misread that, not trying to start an argument or anything like that.

Edit: Oh and, do you know why P4 is (rightly or wrongly) getting milked that much, but not P3? Because P4 is good.

They're both good games, and realistically Persona 4 is the better game - the character development is better, the mechanics are polished and it's more beginner friendly than it's predecessor. However I still prefer the overall theme of Persona 3 - it's darker with a more serious tone and feels more like a SMT game than P4 does.

While that is definitely a valid point, P4 is milked because it's more milkable with its lighter tone =)

Because no one wants to buy Nyx and Thantos: Dancing all night xD 

Sorry I misread that, not trying to start an argument or anything like that.

They're both good games, and realistically Persona 4 is the better game - the character development is better, the mechanics are polished and it's more beginner friendly than it's predecessor. However I still prefer the overall theme of Persona 3 - it's darker with a more serious tone and feels more like a SMT game than P4 does.

Okay. It's alright.

I'd say that P3's story is not just darker, it's unrealistic. For the story, the characters are kind of distant, and you can't really relate to them. P4 talks about a lot of things that real people go through everyday. I do appreciate darker themes but it's just dark + dark + dark + dark = even more corny than the happy theme of P4. To the contrary, some horror in a happy setting can be dark in its own way. And there wasn't really any suspense or anything really impressive or memorable in P3. With all that happened in the game, when "you know who" dropped dead at the end, I wasn't impressed or shocked. I just thought it tried too hard. I guess in the end, Persona 3 was a good game, and I liked it, but not that much.

As a game, P4 was indeed better, but not because it was easier (I do appreciate difficult games). I think it just had more depth in pretty much all aspects.

Edited by jeandeve

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not being a weaboo, I'm objectively saying that English voice acting in Persona 3 is inferior to its Japanese counterpart =)

Even jeandeve said it, if Mitsuru sounds like she's about to fall asleep, that isn't really a sign of proper voice acting.

I have trouble with Japanese voice acting - it's why I prefer dubs to subs for my anime and why I'm struggling to get into Tales of Hearts R. I mean, if America ever gets Tales of Innocence R, even subbed, I will totally buy it but... between ADHD and crappy hearing (I have hypersenstive in one ear and hearing loss in the other. It is not a super power. It sucks) - subs are difficult for me to pay attention to and keep my attention. 

• 2 months later...

Story-wise:

1. Persona 4

2. Persona 2

3. Persona 3

4. Persona 1

5. Persona Q

6. Persona 4 Arena/Ultimax

Gameplay-wise:

1. Persona 4

2. Persona 3

3. Persona Q

4. Persona 1

5. Persona 2

6. Persona 4 Arena/Ultimax (I'm not a fighting game person)

EDIT: Adding in OST-wise too:

1. Persona 1

2. Persona 3

3. Persona 4

4. Persona 4 Arena/Ultimax

5. Persona 2

5. Persona Q

I actually like all the games though. :/ And I'm sure P5 will be amazing too, it already looks better than P4 from a graphical and gameplay standpoint and it sounds like it has an interesting story (and OST) so far.

Edited by Waffle-Sensei

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...