Thoughts?

skiptracing

The trophies seem extremely easy, like almost any other episodic series. I'm not going to pick up the game just yet. I'd rather wait until the whole game is out so I can play it all at once. I'm the impatient kind. I like collectables and that seems pretty much everything you need to do.

So. What do you guys think?

In my opinion, that is a very uninspired list, not just the trophies, but the trophy images as well. I was on the fence about this one, not now, a definite pass, it looks too easy.

EDIT: I am aware I have The Walking Dead on my trophy list, and I regret playing that too, so don't bother pointing that out as an 'easy game'.

Edited by Lady Blanc

I don't mind uninspired trophy lists. Actually, in narrative driven games I prefer lists like the one for TWD, Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands because it's no fun to replay certain chapters just because you didn't make the right choice for a trophy.

Games like Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls were nice to play once, but going for trophy completion on both of them felt like a chore.

• Like 3

It comes to the PS3 too right ? (As I only see it listed as PS4 on the front page)

If so, I'm going to pick this up when all episodes are released. The story seems interesting.

Trophies look easy which is a + for enjoyment when going for platinum :)

Is this made by the same people who made Remember Me? I may have to take a look at what this game is about, lol

Trophy list looks pretty bad though, lol

Yes, Dotnod I think they're called.

• Like 1

Is this made by the same people who made Remember Me? I may have to take a look at what this game is about, lol

Trophy list looks pretty bad though, lol

Slight segue way, but the use of the term "lol" here confuses me. It's kind of like saying, "Apply the cream twice a day for a week. lol." :P

Slight segue way, but the use of the term "lol" here confuses me. It's kind of like saying, "Apply the cream twice a day for a week. lol." :P

I guess as in, "I had not interest in this game previously, but since Dontnod made it and I liked Remember Me, I may have to see what it's actually about, hah"

Also, I looked at a trailer - it looks like it might be very interesting, or it also may be pure crap.. Still unsure  :P Comparing it to a game like "Gone Home" definitely doesn't help in my opinion, lol

Edited by BlindMango

I wonder if this game will have a disc version? I read online that as of right now Square Enix is focusing on its digital release, but i'm more of a disc version type of girl... that's probably the only thing that's keeping me from buying this game, not the easy-peasy trophies, that's actually a plus for me. :D

I like the set up and the "powers" the main character has, it reminds me of Beyond: Two Souls and i absolutely loved that game!

the ignorance and stupidity of some people will never cease to amaze me

This is among the oddest opinions I've seen on this site.

1. It's an adventure game - a simplistic trophy list is no indicator of the ease of the game - who knows what you have to do to get them.

2. The Walking Dead is great - well known to be great, and regretting playing it because you consider it too easy is very odd.

3. I mean no offence here -but why single out TWD as your easy game? You have plenty of easy plats, most of which are worse games than TWD - minecraft, NCIS, Sly cooper etc etc

4. I've heard of people refusing to buy a game they were considering because of the trophy list being long or hard (which is bad enough) but refusing to get a game because it's easy? Please... That's the most hipster thing I've ever heard

So, people are now basing their decision to not buy a game based on its trophy list being too easy? Fucking hell, now I've heard it all. Since you mentioned it, The Walking Dead is a narrative driven point and click adventure game - it's never going to be Ninja Gaiden. Did you not enjoy it irrespective of its trophy list? Games such as Life Is Strange and The Walking Dead have gameplay take a relative backseat to the story; look no further than the recent HD remaster of Grim Fandango for another example of that. 

Hopefully the developers expended all inspiration by crafting the game itself, and had none left when it came time to draw up a trophy list for the game. 

Sorry I actually like my games to have a challenge to them, not a walk in the park. As for the other easy games I have that have been mentioned, I bought those for different reasons, Minecraft was to see what all the fuss was about it, NCIS was because I enjoyed the TV show (only to be completely & utterly disappointed by the game), and Sly Cooper was a simple on a whim purchase (All thanks to a 75% discount code for the trilogy).

As for if I enjoyed The Walking Dead or not, not really, it started off good, and really trailed off near the end (hence why I haven't bothered with the 400 Days episode and haven't bought season 2).

I see no problem with me complaining about a game looking too easy, since I prefer being challenged when playing a game, and the requirements for these trophies sound far too simplistic (even by point-and-click adventure game standards) to offer any semblance of a challenge, I mean, how challenging can taking photos be? I also didn't want to say this knowing I'll most likely get (even more) sarcastic & insulting posts in reply to my post, but the fact this game is developed by the team behind Remember Me is another deterrent, I got that through PS+ and was completely disappointed by it (it was still far better than anything Ninja Theory could come up with though).

As for the one calling me ignorant & stupid, grow up, I have an opinion different from yours, deal with it.

Edited by Lady Blanc
  • Like 1

Whether a game is easy or not, makes little difference when the game is centered around the story. Obviously a game that is a point and click type game isn't going to be overly difficult. Then again, it's hard to base how difficult this game could be simply staring at the trophy list. It could be hard to perform the tasks needed to get the trophies, though I doubt it. If it doesn't interest you, then move along as there is little point in arguing your opinion when others won't agree if their opinion differs... which is the reality of life, when it comes to the enjoyment of a game.... it's all down to opinion.

Edited by KratosTheMighty
  • Like 1