Exp Grinding

Takara

Good morning all ! :D

Does anyone have any decent methods for grinding out the exp for ranking up. At the moment I'm rank (level) 37 and it's taking its toll on my sanity trying to gain exp.

I tend to throw myself into practice matches, put the white ball furthest away, break, pot as much as I can from break and generally go for all the long-pots, screw pots, bank shots I can. However I've noticed that the exp received from doing this seems to vary, on occasions I've gotten 600-700 exp from a match and on others (with pretty much the same accolades) only scored 200-300 exp.

I've yet to face (many) people online who have this game and are a higher rank than me - would I be correct in thinking that a grinding partner (throwing matches or just playing seriously) would be one of the faster ways to level up. I'm hoping that the accolades for beating certain ranked players will be worth more exp - and that if we're levelling fairly equally it'll help get those remaining few accolades done too. (I have every accolade now with exception of beating certain ranked players online and 100 snookers/get out of snookers).

Interested to hear of any opinions and methods people have - show and tell - learn from each other <3

Edit: Also additional to this, I've noticed that the Pro 8-ball Championship seems to be a greater step up in difficulty than I expected. Having the AI win from break is a little disconcerting >.>;

Edited by ShadowEW

I believe that perfect potter challenge as long as you do really well, take your time aiming will give a lot of xp I have a new account now but I'm currently working on the 9 ball career just finished my pro career tonight blamed it is a big jump up the hardest thing I found was killer man that was nasty, feel free to add me to work on 100 win online accolade taking turns if you still don't have it I'm very close to having all accolades myself my psn is m0j0s_d0j0

• 2 weeks later...

For the rank accolades, you can get these by playing someone's DNA.  I used this to get the "legendary" accolade, just go through the rankings until you find someone who has played a lot of games (literaly 1000's) select them and you if their level is high enough download thier DNA. You can then find them under the players list in one of the tabs (can't remeber the name...)

As for grinding experience, you need level 126 for the plat, that much grinding would send me insane! This is one of those games that will just sit on the ps4 and I will play online occassionally but probably never finish it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@aerosol_grey; Thanks for the tip regards playing DNA to get those accolades, all I have left to do is get myself out of a few more snookers and I'll have that Gold trophy nailed!

@The_Great_M0j0; Thanks for the offer but I was closer than I thought to getting this done!

All I have left is to continue the 'grind' of rankings and figure out how I'm going to pull off the "Master" difficulty leagues. I'm about 20% through the 9-Ball Master, and on the last match for Pro 8-Ball (trophy match).

On another note, this game is excellent to play using PS4-Link from a PSVita if you have one. Playing on a 'smaller screen' also aids accuracy of shots too.

• 2 weeks later...

As an update to the above, I've found the 'quickest' exp method to be playing 9-Ball matches vs Grand Master DNA players or above. For some unbeknown reason DNA of players seems to be around "Amateur" AI skill level regardless of the DNA/Players level so this makes for easier matches too.

If you're a fairly competent player (and once you've done a lot of matches you'll definitely have the gist of it) then winning 9-Ball is pretty quick and easy. Averaging around 450exp per match and a match time of around 2 minutes this seems to be a fairly solid way to grind exp and rank up.

Of course, you can always play with friends or a partner, but beating someone of 'higher rank' than you seems to net the most exp each time so do bear that in mind if you want to 'grind' out this game and get it done as quick as you can.

Otherwise, sit back and enjoy the casual gameplay if this is all you have left to do. (Or you can be like me and get stuck on Pro 8-Ball championship ;o; )

• 1 month later...

There is a quicker easier way to gain exp.

Play 8 ball 1p vs 2p

Player one.... try for your plant shot, long range etc. When your out of position chip the ball off the table.(extra accolade/xp)

Player two..... pot the black, if you carnt play a shot to position yourself for the black ball pot.

This ends the game granting you anywhere from 300 + xp i normally pull in over 400+ a bit of practice you can do this around 30 seconds

Summary 300+ in 30 secs

600+ in a minute

Its around 30 minute to level up one level

NOTE: Its boring so i mix it up with perfect potter.

If your going for other trophies ie beat a certain class of player (rank) wait until you reach that level and download your own dna. This way you dont have to trawl through loads of names to find the rank you need. You may as well be making points then searching.

Hope this help.

Ps im currently level 76 just need level 81 and level 126 for the plat. If you want the trophy quicker download my dna im rank hustler.

Hope this helps you all out.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I second this. If you pot all the balls in under 1:20 seconds then you will get 1000+ XP every time. Fastest and easiest way to rank up!

i hereby third the royal rumble method. although, 1k is not guaranteed. i have potted all balls in 52 seconds and got only like 850~  i have also potted all in like 1:27 and got nearly 1.1k.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi.

Grand Master rank is exactly level 126. The best way i'ev found to level up is royal rumble... Approx 1'00 up to under 1'30 to earn 750-1100 xp. It depends on accolade too. Damn, it's pretty looooong. I hate farming since GT5 :-(

I'm still playing this now and again but somewhat given up hope actually getting the platinum. Still having major difficulty with the two Master trophies!

It's level 128, I believe. But I've never seen a chart/table where the amount of XP per level is shown. Not even sure, if it's the same amount every time or if it rises every time.

From my experience, the ammount of exp required for each level increases each time. 1->2->3 requires a different total exp to 10->11->12 and so on. If anything if feels like it slows right down, managing a level a day is tough to keep focus to. xD

I'm still playing this now and again but somewhat given up hope actually getting the platinum. Still having major difficulty with the two Master trophies!

From my experience, the ammount of exp required for each level increases each time. 1->2->3 requires a different total exp to 10->11->12 and so on. If anything if feels like it slows right down, managing a level a day is tough to keep focus to. xD

Yeah man.

When I got the game nearly two years ago, I thought: "Do a level a day and have that out of the way." Now, 700 days later, I'm still at level 63 :D

Hard to keep your focus on this tedious grind.

1player vs 2 player 9 ball is easiest but its long and boring.i reached veteran rank in less than a week from pro rank

with 9 ball game ?! What technique do u use to be so fast ? 1 week to reach Veteran from pro is damnly short !!! Congrats anyway ;-)

Thanx.I basically just grinded it out.I played 9ball for 3 to 5 hours a day for a week.You only earn 200 to 400 points a game but the games are quick.There are probably better methods but it worked for me.Once that trophy popped it was well worth the grind.

• 2 weeks later...

If someone is still interested:

I got Platinum a few days ago after about two years.

The last two weeks I grinded a huge amount of time.

After I finished all not Level related trophies, I played Royal Rumble all the time, cause if you are a bit trained, you can get about 1k xp per Minute.

Up to Level ~85 it took me about 45 minutes per Level.

Up to Level ~100 from there, it took me about 1 hour per Level.

Up to the Grandmaster trophy (Level 126) it took me about 1.5 hours per Level.

That Royal Rumble grind took me 2730 matches of Royal Rumble:

purepool_201606151951q0uip.jpg

All in all it took me something between 250 and 300 hours to get Platin, I actually lost the track in the last two years.

• Like 1

Congrats ;-) Extremely well played to earn this platinum... One of the hardest i've ever seen (with GT5 ^^)

I'm level 60 :-( and play only R.Rumble. Completed in 0:28 in my best run... With a piece of luck; approx 400 games played. I've seen the platinum gamers have played between 2k and 4k games... Pretty long.

If someone is still interested:

I got Platinum a few days ago after about two years.

The last two weeks I grinded a huge amount of time.

After I finished all not Level related trophies, I played Royal Rumble all the time, cause if you are a bit trained, you can get about 1k xp per Minute.

Up to Level ~85 it took me about 45 minutes per Level.

Up to Level ~100 from there, it took me about 1 hour per Level.

Up to the Grandmaster trophy (Level 126) it took me about 1.5 hours per Level.

That Royal Rumble grind took me 2730 matches of Royal Rumble:

All in all it took me something between 250 and 300 hours to get Platin, I actually lost the track in the last two years.

Very nicely done, I'm still stuck for the Master trophies (no matter what I do, I always get RNG fluked by the AI) and then the grind to Grandmaster. This game looked so fun and casual, now it's just a timesink. Any tips for Master difficulty championships? :P

Very nicely done, I'm still stuck for the Master trophies (no matter what I do, I always get RNG fluked by the AI) and then the grind to Grandmaster. This game looked so fun and casual, now it's just a timesink. Any tips for Master difficulty championships? :P

Actually I can't give you any tips.

I even played the Master Championships after the patch that removed the line. And yeah, I just played it until I was done.

But I played Pool Billard in a Club and in Leagues for about 12 years, stopped a few years ago but yeah, I also know where I have to hit the balls so they fall, even without the helpline.

Just try it till you beat it :)

I'm still rage againt master difficulty... I'm not a pool player IRL ^^

In the 1.00 version, there was a red circle on the aimed ball. Since the 1st patch, no circle. It's pretty hard now. So, i've bought the CD version and without be online, i can install it with the 1.00 version. U cannot play online in this case, but i've earned all online trophies for a long time. And... NO FUCKING CIRCLE.

Does anybody know if it's possible to play with that circle, and the way to have it ?

THX ;-)

I'm surprised... i've seen a player, level 82 with approx 65/70% of victory with... 500 games only... How can he be so high level with so little games played ??

I'm level 62, victory ratio of 72% with more than 1600 games played. Probably a tip ? ;-)